Chapter 142 – Alice Appears Again
849 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
2/2

“Did you understand?” Aleen asked Aya after he explained to her the circulation technique.

“… Mm.” Aya thought for a moment and nodded. She then sat cross-legged and began to practice it.

Aleen stood near her and paid attention to her situation. Fortunately, Aya was pretty good at this and got the hang of the circulation technique quickly.

In a few minutes, Aya’s mana was circulating following the technique’s method.

D’vina’s circulation technique was pretty high-class, so much that Aleen’s improvement was already visible just one week after he started to practice it. It mainly focused on increasing mana input and output, and also helped a bit to increase the size of the mana pool.

Someone with enough knowledge about mana would be astonished after seeing the effects of this technique, but unfortunately, Aleen's knowledge about mana was very basic. He had no way to know that mana was not supposed to be so easy to improve.

Furthermore, due to Aleen’s special circumstances, his improvement was incomparably fast. After the failure to create a new skill during the last game, Aleen’s mana showed incredible growth, moreover, other aspects such as mana input, mana output, body strength, and mana-body synchronization also were improved drastically, causing Aleen’s misunderstanding about D’vina’s technique to continue. After all, the improvement caused by the technique was nothing compared to a single moment of enlightenment.

Actually, though, D’vina did not care very much about the technique. After all, she was the princess of a powerful empire encompassing an entire world. Even if her situation was a bit bad due to certain circumstances, the number of powerful circulation techniques she had seen was incredible. Although the technique she taught Aleen was very good, she knew of another two or three techniques as good as that.

She truly did not mind if Aleen taught that technique to others or not.

After half an hour, Aya finally completed the circulation technique successfully. She opened her eyes and stared at Aleen excitedly. Her face remained expressionless, though.

“… Thank you.” She whispered softly. Aleen smiled and stroked her head gently. “Don’t mind it. We are partners after all.”

But at that moment, he realized that Aya was completely frozen.

She was looking at his hand stroking her head with a startled expression and her eyes opened wide.

“Sorry, sorry.” Aleen quickly retracted his hand and apologized with an awkward expression. “I got carried away.”

Aya’s check turned slightly red. She then looked at Aleen with a wronged expression and escaped towards inside the house.

Aleen smiled wryly and shook his head. He was used to stroking Claire’s head normally, so his body moved instinctively.

Well, he would apologize to Aya later.

Now that they finished training, Aleen decided to prepare breakfast. Claire was still ill, and he was not sure if Aya could cook, so the responsibility of cooking for three people and a cat rested in him.

After living alone with Claire for two years, Aleen was pretty good at cooking. He did not take long to prepare something suitable and went to wake Claire up.

A few minutes later, three people and a cat were enjoying breakfast at the table.

“… It’s nice.” Aya complimented softly. Aleen's lips curved up in a smile. “Thank you.”

Claire pouted slightly and looked at Aya warily, but she just tilted her head in doubt.

Looking at that scene, Aleen could not help but relax a bit.

From the day he was kidnapped to Dimensional Paradise, Aleen spent most of his time training or worried about the next game. Moreover, he also had to pay attention to Claire’s health, and now, he learned from D’vina that some people could try to lay their hands in Claire.

To be honest, Aleen was not sure if he could enjoy a peaceful breakfast like this the following day.

Perhaps, this moment of peace could be the last.

“Oh? It looks like you three ended together huh? How unexpected. Well, fate is like that I guess.”

At that moment, a lively voice sounded from behind Aleen.

Aleen shivered. To think that someone sneaked behind him without him noticing.

In the next instant, the three people and a cat in the table reacted. Aya jumped back and grabbed Lily, Claire prepared a bird of fire, and Aleen took out a training sword from his ring and tensed up his body (Dark Night shattered in the last game).

But then, Aleen realized that the voice sounded a bit familiar.

“Wait, don’t attack!” Aleen shouted, surprising the other two, but they complied and stopped their attacks.

“Woah, you three sure are violent!” The owner of the lively voice feigned and expression of fear and looked at Aleen and the others pitifully. "Is it how you greet a guest?"

“… You are… the voyeur?” Aleen asked.

The petite fairy-like girl looked at Aleen angrily. “Hey, it’s seer, seer! Not voyeur!” She then crossed her arms and pouted. “I can’t believe that you are still calling me that.”

This time, Alice was wearing a black gothic-lolita dress. The dress was filled with frills that resalted her beautiful wavy blond hair, and her green eyes were shining lively.

“Sorry, sorry.” Aleen apologized lightheartedly and relaxed his body, but he continued holding the sword in his hand. “What are you doing here?”

“I brought information about the latest news, of course. What? You did not know?” Alice's expression turned strange when she noticed the confused expression of the group. Well, Aya and Claire could not understand why a girl suddenly appeared inside the house, but Aleen genuinely did not know what she was speaking about.

Aleen instantly put on a grave expression. He stared at Alice with a frown and asked. “Did something happen?”

Alice’s expression turned serious. She walked towards the living and pointed to the tv (After all, she cannot interact with physical objects in her astral form.)

Aleen understood her and turned the tv on. Instantly, a program of news appeared on the screen.

But Aleen’s sight was caught by the words at the bottom of the screen.

‘Government announces the existence of superpowers.’

Support me on patre on.com/dimensionalparadise to read until 10 chapters ahead. I appreciate your support...

15