Chapter 153 – E-3902 (2)
602 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Roaarrrrr!!!” A wolf roar sounded and a shadow pounced towards Aleen’s back.

Aleen kept a calm look while running through the grass. He felt the monster coming from behind and turned around in a fluid movement, slashing the wolf's head. He then continued running without waiting for the monster’s body to fall down.

Aleen had already lost the count of the number of wolves he had killed. During the two hours that he had been chased by the wolves, Aleen had been killing them without stop.

In the beginning, his body was a bit unused to the stronger gravity, so he had a bit of trouble killing the wolves quickly, but now, he could kill a wolf in less than one second. Moreover, he felt his swordsmanship improving slowly due to the constant use of the sword. 

Unfortunately, the number of wolves was too overwhelming. Aleen tried to confront them head-on once, only to be surrounded by tens of wolves in an instant, moreover, some of those wolves were level-two.

If not because he used Lightning Movement quickly, he could have died due to the sheer number of wolves.

According to his observations, one of each ten wolves was at level-two. Aleen must use Lightning Movement each time he meets a level-two wolf to kill them quickly. To be honest, the only reason he endured until now was thanks to his recent improvement after failing to get his second skill.

Aleen also discovered that the wolves have a leader. He noticed it due to the roar it does frequently. That roar is different than the other wolves, and Aleen noticed that some wolves would attack each time the wolf leader roars.

Aleen estimated the strength of the wolf leader as level-three. In another situation, he would have tried to have a shot to killing a monster like this, but things were different if the monster under the protection of hundreds of six-legged wolves.

However, he knew he had to find a way out of this situation quickly.

Although Aleen was much stronger and his mana pool was way larger than in the last game, it still had a limit. And though Aleen was still away of that limit, he didn’t want to wait until then and make a desperate gamble.

But even after thinking for a while, he could not think of a way to shake the wolves off.

‘So, I have to kill the leader, huh…’ Aleen sighed inwardly and made up his mind. Even although killing it would be difficult, it was better than running aimlessly.

Circulating his mana around his body, Aleen grabbed the sword in a backward grip and waited for the leader’s roar. He activated Dynamic Sight and calmed his mind completely.

A few seconds later, the leader roared again.

*Rooaaaarrrrr!!!*

‘Over there!’ Aleen glanced in the direction of the roar and activated Lightning Movement. Thanks to the accelerated speed of thought granted by Dynamic Sight, Aleen got an idea of the approximate position of the level-three.

The next instant, his body accelerated to an incredible speed. Lightning circulated through his veins, bringing his speed to an incredible level.

Aleen ignored the wolves surrounding him and followed the roar. Currently, he could keep Lightning Movement active for almost thirty seconds before his mana is emptied, but he estimated that he could reach the level-three wolf after five seconds.

However, Aleen knew that the wolf leader was very cunning. Even if Aleen could estimate its position, it would be hard to find it inside the tall grass.

Aleen already had a solution for it though.

When he calculated he was near the wolf leader, Aleen abruptly stopped.

The next instant, he took a deep breath and filled his sword with mana.

Then, Aleen swung the sword in a circle around him.

*Swing!* A sharp sound resounded in the forest. The next instant, a wave of sword energy was shot from the sword.

It was a basic sword technique that Aleen learned recently, ‘Sword Wave’.

To be honest, this technique was pretty weak compared to a skill. It was weaker than when Aleen used ‘Sharp Blade’, and could not be compared to the attacking skills Aleen had witnessed before.

However, it gave Aleen an alternative way to attack at long range.

Moreover, this technique was more than enough to mow the grass around him.

One second later, all the grass two hundred meters around Aleen had been cut.

At the same time, around fifteen wolves appeared before Aleen.

The wolves were surprised before the unexpected situation. They could not understand how their prey suddenly appeared before them.

But Aleen was not going to give them time to react.

In an instant, he recognized the wolf leader. It was one size bigger than the other wolves, and the pressure it let out was greater than all the other wolves combined.

The problem was the wolves surrounding it. Besides two small wolves that Aleen thought were cubs, the other wolves were all level-two.

But facing Aleen’s extreme speed, the number of wolves was meaningless.

In an instant, Aleen bypassed the defenses of the other wolves and charged towards the level-three wolf.

Although surprised, the level-three wolf reacted fast. When it realized that Aleen was aiming for it, it tried to return at the grass to hide again.

But Aleen’s sword was already before it in the next second. Helpless, the wolf could only raise its claws hurriedly to stop the attack.

Aleen, however, just smirked. Sharp Sword was activated, and the sword vibrated at more than one hundred times per second. Before the wolf could react, the sword cut through its claws cleanly.

*Roaaarrrr!!!* A cry of pain escaped the wolf mouth, but Aleen remained unperturbed. His body flashed and he appeared above the wolf back. Then, he swung his sword downwards.

The next instant, the level-three wolf was cut into two.

A flash of lightning flashed in the skies, as though cheering Aleen for his victory.

Aleen took a deep breath and looked to the remaining monsters. The wolves were looking towards Aleen in surprise. They had been unable to react to his movements!

When they saw the level-three wolf fall dead, the wolves’ eyes turned red. They looked at Aleen with fury in his eyes and charged forward. Aleen just sighed and moved through the wolves with Lightning Movement, killing them one by one.

When the fifth wolf was killed, the remaining wolves began to run away.

Aleen did not chase after them. To be honest, he was a bit tired after running for two hours straight.

Instead, he looked at the dead wolves with an expression of satisfaction.

‘So I'm so strong, huh…’

Aleen could not help but smile in satisfaction.

13