Chapter 154 – First Apparition of the Laws
744 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Second chapter today...

Actually, Aleen was one of the strongest level-two. Even if he was not at the level of an irregular yet, he was not far from it.

Even now, he could be considered as a pseudo-irregular. He was practically invincible below level-three, and even against level-three enemies, he could win against weaker ones.

The level-three wolf, on the other hand, was pretty weak for a level-three.

It was common for a monster to be weaker than a member of the races at the same level. It’s because it’s rare for monsters to get skills when they level-up, moreover, monsters don’t use weapons or equipment nor they train their combat techniques at the limit.

Due to it, when the wolf leader faced Aleen that could move incredibly fast and had the attack power of a level-three sword combined with Sharp Blade, the wolf did not have any hope of winning.

Once Aleen confirmed that all the wolves had left, he heaved a sigh of relief and looked at the corpses.

At that moment, however, he felt something strange.

A strange energy began to emanate from the wolves’ corpses. The energy was very strange and difficult to feel, but Aleen had the feeling that such energy was very useful.

Instantly, he knew that it was the laws that appear after killing something in this world.

Aleen did not hesitate and sat cross-legged. He closed his eyes and concentrated his mind on feeling the laws coming from the wolves’ corpses.

Instantly, a feeling of enlightenment appeared on his mind.

The feeling was very strange, as though he was learning a skill, but different. It felt as though he could see a glimpse of the universe’s truths.

However, he quickly frowned.

Although he could felt the laws coming from the wolves he killed, such laws felt very rough. It was a bit better with the laws coming from the level-three wolf, but even then it was rougher than he would have liked.

Moreover, for some reason, the wolves’ laws seemed incompatible with him.

Aleen wrinkled his brows briefly, but he quickly sent those thoughts to a corner of his mind and concentrated on feeling the laws. He knew that the laws would disappear soon, so he wanted to take as much advantage as he could of this opportunity.

Half an hour later, the laws finally dissipated.

Aleen took a deep breath and opened his eyes. A trace of joy appeared on his eyes after confirming the results of this period of meditation.

Aleen circulated his mana through his body and activated body reinforcement. It was the first mana technique he learned, and he had used it for a long time.

But after using it this time, he realized that his body reinforcement was stronger than before.

He estimated it was around fifty percent stronger.

Aleen could not suppress his joy after that discovery. To think that the results would be so good on his first try. Moreover, he had the feeling that the wolves’ laws were not very compatible with him. If the laws would have been more compatible, then he was sure that the result would have been even much better.

He now could understand why Leona said that it was easier to have a breakthrough in this place.

Unfortunately, the wolves’ laws were too crude.

Aleen sighed and shook his head with a smile. He could now understand why some people would resort to killing others to get their laws.

Compared with the level-three wolf’s laws, the laws he comprehended until now were many times better. It was on a completely different level.

While Aleen was thinking about that, he circulated his mana one last time and stood up. Although he just meditated for half an hour, all his mana had recovered due to the abundant mana on the atmosphere. The current Aleen was in his best condition, even better than before.

But at that moment, he felt the hairs of his neck standing up.

Without hesitation, he dived at the side.

An instant later, an arrow pierced the place where he was just a moment ago.

However, before Aleen could sigh in relief, the arrow exploded.

Aleen opened his eyes wide. In an instant, he activated Lightning Movement and rolled aside. His body flashed out of the area of effect of the explosive arrow.

Aleen quickly took out his sword and looked in the direction where the arrow came. He then saw a tall man walking towards him with a bow on his hand.

The man looked at Aleen in surprise. He did not expect that Aleen would evade his attack without suffering any injury.

However, he quickly calmed down and put on a serious expression.

The man was very tall, around two and a half meters. Aleen was a bit surprised when he saw his face, though. It was because the man had two sets of eyes and his skin was yellow. Aleen briefly wondered about his race.

However, he quickly adjusted his thoughts and stared at the man.

“What are you doing?” Aleen asked with an ice-cold tone.

But the man did not answer. Instead, he pulled the bowstring back and placed another arrow on it. He then aimed at Aleen and shot.

If you like this story and want to support me, you can do it on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until ten chapters ahead.

14