Chapter 156 – Two Small Curved Horns (1)
610 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Cough cough, that four-eyed bastard!” Aleen cursed and coughed a mouthful of blood. He did not think the archer would blow himself after before dying.

Fortunately, Aleen’s reaction was very fast. When he felt something wrong with the archer’s mana, he decisively withdrew his sword and escaped away. Thanks to it, he escaped with just a few scratches.

The archer’s last explosion was a few times stronger than the ones before. It not only blew the archer’s body into pieces but also scattered his laws away. Aleen could not help but feel frustrated after such an unrewarding fight.

Not even the man’s spatial ring could be found.

Aleen could only smile bitterly and resign himself to not getting anything of this fight.

‘Well, at least it was a great fight…’ Aleen tried to console himself with that thought.

Aleen shook his head one last time and departed from that place.

 

 

Three days later.

Aleen was still on the plains he landed.

During the last few days, Aleen had been wandering through the plains. He had faced some fights against other beasts, but none so difficult as the fight against the wolves. The strongest monsters he faced were just at level-two.

From them, Aleen learned that the laws the monsters leave behind after their deaths are not so miraculous as he thought. Most of the time, the laws are very rough and full of flaws. Some monsters don't have any law whatsoever, so Aleen gained nothing even after killing them.

So, besides some small boost on his techniques, Aleen rewards during the last three days were practically zero.

On the other hand, he met some other people during the last three days, but they kept their distance. Everybody knew that the biggest danger on this planet were others like them, so everybody was wary.

Unfortunately, he did not find traces of Aya.

The plains were very big. Even after walking for three days, he was unable to see the end of it. He saw some mountains, but they were so far away that Aleen estimated he needed around ten days or so to reach there with his current speed.

In the last three days, Aleen had faced one of his greatest trials.

Surviving in the wild.

Aleen had enough food and water on his space ring to survive for one or two weeks, but after that, he had to find his own food. His space ring was not big enough to bring more food.

Moreover, it was almost impossible to find a place to sleep. Aleen had failed to find even one cave after three days. Due to it, he was forced to sleep outdoors, and it brings us to the next problem.

Insects.

Aleen was already tired of insects. All kinds of insects, from giant cockroaches-like things to small mosquitos that tried to suck Aleen’s blood all the time.

Fortunately, he could form a small layer of mana around his body to protect himself against the insects, but it was obviously impossible when he was sleeping.

And lastly, defecating.

Aleen swore he would carry a few rolls of toilet paper inside his space ring after he leaves this place. Living without toilet paper in the middle of the nothing was truly torture.

Fortunately, he got used to it after three days.

Anyway, Aleen decided to actively search for monsters. He was confident of defeating most level-two and level-three monsters, and even if he faced a very strong level-three monster, he could escape using his speed.

Killing monsters was an easy way to become stronger, and it could even help Aleen to breakthrough. Of course, Aleen could try killing other people, but Aleen didn’t want to resort to that option.

Of course, if someone comes to kill him, he would accept the free laws happily.

After making his mind to kill as many monsters as possible, Aleen began his hunt. There were many monsters on the plains, so Aleen would meet one each hour on average. Most were level-one, but some of them were level-two. Besides the wolf leader on the first day, Aleen had not met another level-three monster.

And currently, he was after one of those monsters.

The monster was a kind of feline creature, or at least Aleen thought so. Aleen had not seen it yet, but he had felt it observing him from a few hours ago. Each time, Aleen would attack towards the origin of the gaze, but he never hit it.

Moreover, the creature was very cunning. Even when Aleen used the sword wave to cut the grass surrounding him, he failed to see the creature. The only reason he was sure it was following him was that he felt its gaze from time in time and he found some feline-like footprints.

However, Aleen was not discouraged due to it. Actually, he liked the challenge. Moreover, the creature probably was not much stronger than him or it would have attacked long ago.

While trying to find the creature, Aleen continued advancing. He also kept an eye on the transmitter Leona gave him to now if it detects Aya.

But at that moment, he felt the grass ahead of him moving.

Aleen raised his guard and tightened the hand holding his sword. He also prepared himself to activate Lightning Movement. After all, he was not sure if the newcomer was allied to the creature following him or not.

However, when he saw the newcomer's appearance, he was startled.

A beautiful woman appeared before Aleen. She was a bit dirty due to walking long hours in the grass, but you could feel a refined aura coming from her.

Moreover, Aleen also felt a strange kind of attraction coming from her body.

But although the woman seemed human, she had something no human would have.

She had two small curved horns growing from her head.

13