Chapter 160 – Daemons (1)
643 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry guys, super busy lately. Work has been hectic now that the year is ending, and I'm struggling to keep the release rate. I'll try to keep the updates constant, but I can't promise anything...

“He is Malconi, an irregular of the daemon race.” Lilia said.

Aleen looked at the man that Lilia signaled. Malconi was a tall man wielding a longsword. He was the leader of the group that injured the other man.

The daemon race was a well-known race through the dimensions. The number of dimensions under their rule was not less than the humans and elves' dimensions. They were a powerful race that gave birth to many level-six.

Daemons were tall and had grey skin. They had an incredible affinity towards mana and their bodies were stronger than most races. Besides it, daemons were a very xenophobic and warlike race. They were merciless towards people of other races.

And Malconi was an irregular of that race.

Lilia put on a serious expression and explained to Aleen about Malconi.

“I heard that Malconi was born with a very special trait. His mana circuits are twice as wide as someone of the same level, and his swordsmanship is impeccable. His attacks are one level stronger than other level-two, and his skill is very frightening. Even compared to level-three supers, Malconi is someone very frightening.”

Aleen frowned when he heard that information. He did not expect he would meet an irregular so soon. Moreover, the irregular was not alone.

Aleen was confident of his chances against Malconi. After all, his speed combined with Lilia’s skill were enough to face most level-three. However, it was different if he had to face another two level-two daemons besides the irregular.

Aleen and Lilia continued observing the situation from afar. They could see the other two daemons laughing and mocking the injured man while Malconi observed them with an ice-cold face.

A few minutes later, Malconi said something and the two level-two daemons nodded respectfully. They then looked at the injured man with malicious grins on their faces.

The injured man paled, but the two daemons just laughed and pierced his neck with their swords.

The injured man could only open his eyes wide before dying.

Aleen wrinkled his brows when he saw it. “They are hunting.”

“… Do you mean they are hunting other competitors?”

“Yes. Not many can escape from the pursuit of an irregular plus two level-two supers. I’m sure that he is not the first one they kill.”

Lilia’s face turned pale. Looking at the man killed by the two daemons, she could not help but feel a bit afraid.

The three daemons took the space ring of the man’s finger and revised it. A few seconds later, the laws began to form above the dead man.

Aleen pulled Lilia away and whispered. “Let’s go. It will be bad is they discover us.”

Lilia cast one last glance to the scene before nodding and following after Aleen.

 

 

In the middle of the clearing, Malconi was observing the laws that the man they just killed left behind.

But at that moment, he felt someone staring at him.

Following his instincts, he looked in the direction of the gaze but nobody was there. Malconi wrinkled his brows.

‘Was I mistaken?’

“Glaus, Bloso, someone was observing us just a moment ago.” Malconi said.

The other two daemons looked at Malconi in surprise. “Huh? Are you sure, boss?”

“I’m not, but we can’t take chances with it. Go and made sure that nobody is nearby.”

“Boss, what if we find someone?”

“Do I need to explain it to you?” Malconi looked at the two daemons coldly.

The two daemons smiled awkwardly. “Don’t worry, boss. We know what to do.”

Malconi nodded. “Go quickly. The laws of this time are very compatible with me, so I need to meditate for a while.”

“Understood.”

Once he heard the two daemons’ reply, Malconi sat cross-legged and closed his eyes. The two daemons then looked at each other before running in the direction Malconi pointed.

 

 

Aleen and Lilia hurriedly departed from there. But a few minutes later, Aleen frowned.

He looked back for a moment before gesturing at Lilia to run. Lilia's expression turned nervous, but she nodded.

However, Aleen’s expression quickly turned ugly.

He was sure that they were being followed.

Aleen looked at Lilia briefly. A disadvantage of traveling in a group is that he can't run as fast as when he was alone. For an instant, Aleen was tempted to leave Lilia behind.

However, the disadvantages of traveling alone also were apparent.

After Aleen saw the three daemons killing the man, Aleen realized that other participants would form groups too. If he was alone, then he would be disadvantaged when facing them.

“Stop.” Aleen said to Lilia. “Someone is chasing after us. We are going to face them here.”

Lilia put on a grave expression. “Malconi?”

“I don’t know.” Aleen replied. “We will know once they appear. Stand behind me and activate your skill.”

Lilia nodded and retreated behind Aleen. She then mobilized her mana and activated her skill.

Instantly, another Aleen rose from Aleen’s shadow. The new Aleen then flew toward Aleen and fused with him.

Aleen closed his eyes and felt the effects of the boost. Opening his eyes, he grabbed his sword.

A few seconds later, two daemons appeared before them.

“Are you not running as rats anymore?” One of the daemons mocked.

Aleen looked around but discovered that Malconi was not with them. He then moved his gaze towards the two daemons and spoke in an ice-cold tone. “Why are you following us?”

“You were observing us, right? We followed your traces until here.”

Aleen frowned. He did not have experience living on the wild, much less hiding his traces, so it was easy for the daemons to follow them.

“Is Malconi not with you?” He asked.

“Oh? You know the boss? Don’t worry, he is not necessary to take care of two little rats.”

When he heard that, Aleen sighed in relief. “Is it so? It looks like I don't need to worry then."

Before the two men could react, Aleen’s body was enveloped into lightning.

Then, he took a step forward.

If you like this story and want to support me, you can do it on patreon.com/dimensionalparadise and read until ten chapters ahead.

10