Chapter 163 – Facing an Irregular (1)
555 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Boom!* A wave of mana impacted the place where Aleen was standing.

Aleen faced the attack calmly. Before the mana wave could touch him, he already had flashed away.

Looking towards the daemon flying in the air, Aleen’s expression turned serious.

It was because he could feel an enormous pressure coming from the daemon. Besides, his last attack was very powerful. Aleen would have been gravely injured if he received such an attack head-on.

But what surprised Aleen the most, was how the daemon arrived.

He was flying.

Aleen could not help but put on a grave expression.

Malconi raised his eyebrow when Aleen evaded his attack. Not many level-two were strong enough to evade his attacks.

However, even if Aleen is stronger than he expected, he had to die.

Someone that kills his subordinates deserves to die!

“Why did you kill them?” Malconi asked angrily.

Aleen smirked. “They were enemies. When they decided to attack us, they had to be ready to die.”

“Is it so? What about you? Are you ready to die?!” With a cry of rage, Malconi attacked.

An overwhelming amount of mana flowed into his sword. It created a gigantic whirlpool of energy that surrounded the sword.

Then, under Aleen’s stupefied glance, Malconi swung his sword down.

Aleen opened his eyes wide. ‘Is such attack something a level-two can do?!’

A mana wave, ten times bigger than before, flew towards Aleen. Aleen narrowed his eyes and circulated his mana at full speed. In an instant, lightning surged through his veins and his speed increased multiple times.

The wave of mana crashed against the ground, creating a powerful explosion. The shockwaves of the attack spread 200 meters away!

Lightning flashed in the ground, moving at incredible speed. Aleen evaded the attack narrowly and accelerated towards Malconi’s position.

However, he heard a cry from behind him.

“Kya!” Looking behind, Aleen noticed that Lilia was having trouble defending against the shockwaves of the attack.

Aleen clicked his tongue and changed his direction towards Lilia.

In the blink of an eye, he took her on his arms and escaped away.

A few seconds later, the aftereffects of the attack finally ended.

Malconi looked towards the ground and saw Aleen holding Lilia on his arms while looking at him with a serious expression.

“… Irregular?” He muttered questioningly. Aleen did not answer, though. He instead put Lilia on the ground and looked into her eyes.

“Run away.” Aleen said.

Lilia was startled, but she understood instantly. It was obvious that her presence was burdening Aleen.

Lilia bit her teeth with an unwilling expression, but she did not insist. Instead, she activated her skill again and renewed Aleen’s buff.

“My buff will last for twenty minutes. You must defeat him or run away before then.”

Aleen nodded gratefully. “Don’t worry, I’ll find you later.”

Taking a last glance at Aleen, Lilia put on a determined expression and left.

Aleen kept an eye on Malconi to stop him if he planned to attack Lilia, but Malconi remained indifferent. It seemed as though he did not care if Lilia escaped or not.

When Lilia finally disappeared, Aleen sighed in relief inwardly and stared at Malconi. Malconi, however, did not seem in a hurry to attack. Instead, he looked at Aleen with an expression of curiosity.

“I did not expect to meet another Irregular so quickly. What is your name?”

“Aleen.” Aleen replied indifferently. He held his sword on his right hand and leaned his body forward, ready to pounce towards his enemy.

Malconi smiled. Currently, his anger due to the death of his two subordinates had vanished. Instead, he was filled with powerful battle intent. It was his first time facing a strong enemy after landing on this planet.

But Aleen was not intimidated. Mana surged through his body, filling his muscles with overwhelming strength.

“I feel excited after meeting another irregular. Unfortunately, you will have to die today.”

“Is it so? I’m pretty confident about surviving though.”

“Haha, very well then. Let me see how strong you are!”

Instantly, his mana surged.

All the mana around Aleen was agitated. The pressure coming from Malconi was enough to affect the mana in the air.

However, Aleen remained unafraid. Before Malconi could release his next attack, Aleen took a step forward.

Then, his body disappeared.

Malconi was unable to follow Aleen’s movements with his sight, however, he did not need it. The mana in the surroundings answered his call and informed him of Aleen's movements. Then, he swung his sword.

Aleen observed the mana wave coming towards him calmly. His body flashed, circling the attack and continuing towards Malconi.

In the blink of an eye, he was already below Malconi. He then filled his sword with mana and released an attack towards him.

Sword Wave!

Although Sword Wave was a pretty common skill, and it was many times weaker compared to Aleen’s normal attacks, Now that it was boosted by Lilia’s skill, the power behind the attack easily doubled.

But Malconi simply leaned aside and evaded the attack completely.

Aleen frowned. It seemed as he had to find an effective way to attack Malconi. Unfortunately, he could not fly nor he had a good way to attack at distance.

Against a flying enemy, he was greatly disadvantaged.

Malconi grinned. “It looks like you have to try harder if you want to hit me.”

Then, Malconi released another mana wave.

Malconi’s mana waves were incredibly powerful. Aleen wondered if it was the result of his skill. But if it was like that, then how was he flying?

‘Is he already level-three?’ Aleen wondered briefly before shaking his head. He had the feeling that Malconi was still a level-two.

‘So it’s the strength of an Irregular huh?’ Aleen could not help but sigh in admiration. It was the first time he found someone stronger than him at the same level.

However, Aleen’s battle intent burned even more fiercely. He could feel his mana crying in joy before the presence of a strong enemy.

Only an enemy like this could help him to improve.

‘What does it matter if you can fly? I’ll make my sword reach there!’

Feeling the mana flowing through his body, Aleen relaxed his muscles and activated Dynamic Sight.

The surroundings seemed to slow down. The powerful mana wave fired by Malconi descended towards him slowly.

Then, it hit the ground.

At that instant, Aleen moved.

10