Chapter 165 – Absolute Mana Body
592 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Malconi, who did give you the courage to attack a human?!” Clane’s voice thundered through the place.

“… Clane.” Malconi wrinkled his brows. He did not expect to meet him here.

Now that Clane was here, the situation changed completely. Although he was confident in his strength, facing two Irregulars for himself was suicide.

Moreover, although Aleen’s abilities were ill-suited to face him, Clane was different. He did not dare to receive his attacks head-on, or not even his skill would save his life.

Looking at Clane and Aleen, Malconi shook his head. “It looks like the outcome of our fight will not be decided this time, Aleen.”

Aleen frowned and held his sword tightly. “Do you think you can escape?”

“I’m sorry, but you two are not qualified to make me stay.” Malconi replied.

“Are you sure? I think we have a pretty good chance, though.” Clane said and flanked Malconi from one side.

But Malconi just smiled. “See you soon.” Then, his body turned into mana and disappeared.”

Aleen looked at the place where Malconi was just a moment ago and sighed in relief. He then looked in Clane's direction and flashed a smile.

“Thanks for the help.”

Clane grinned. “Don’t worry about it, I promised to help if you were in trouble.”

Aleen nodded and sat on the ground tired. Although he showed a strong front to Malconi, the truth was that if Malconi continued attacking, Aleen would have been forced to escape.

Malconi’s last attack was truly powerful. The level of destruction it caused was close to a level-five's casual attack.

Furthermore, the range of the attack made it hard for Aleen to evade it. Fortunately, Malconi needed to prepare for a while before using that attack. Moreover, Aleen was pretty sure that he could not use it at will.

Fortunately for Aleen, he had Lilia’s shadow in his body. Lilia’s shadow received most of the attack instead of Aleen, allowing him to remain uninjured. The scratches on his body were the result of dust and stones hitting his body due to the shockwaves of the attack.

But after that attack, the buff of the shadow disappeared.

On the other hand, Aleen was unable to hurt Malconi despite landing two attacks. Even now, Aleen was unable to understand why his attacks failed to damage him.

Aleen closed his eyes and began to meditate. At the same time, he made sure of keeping a part of his senses paying attention to Clane's movements. Aleen did not want to be caught off guard if Clane decides to attack him for some reason.

Thirty minutes later, Aleen recovered most of his mana and treated his injuries. This planet was very rich in mana, so recovering mana was very easy. He would have needed around one hour to recover the same amount of mana on earth.

When he opened his eyes, he saw Clane seated in front of him.

“Done meditating?”

Aleen nodded.

Clane smiled happily. “Nice. By the way, I never thought you were an Irregular too. You hid it well.”

Aleen smiled wryly. “I’m not one.”

Clane put on a startled expression before laughing. “Haha, do you think I’ll believe you? You managed to survive his trump card and injured him twice. If you are not an Irregular, then I’m not one either.”

Aleen smiled and did not explain. he could show the strength of an Irregular, but he needed Lilia’s help first.

Of course, he was pretty strong even without Lilia’s skill, but his strength was still a little bit away from the level of an Irregular.

But there was something in Clane’s words that caught Aleen’s attention.

“Clane, did you say I injured Malconi twice? He indeed received two of my attacks, but I don’t remember injuring him.

“… It looks as you don’t know about Malconi’s skill, right?” Clane put on a helpless expression. “That explains a lot.”

Clane then thought for a moment before explaining Aleen about Malconi’s skill.

“Malconi got recognized as an Irregular due to two things. The first reason was his inborn trait that made his attacks twice as strong as someone at the same level. The second reason was his skill.” Clane then paused for a moment and put on a complicated expression. “Malconi’s skill is a pseudo-divine skill.”

Aleen was surprised. “A pseudo-divine skill?!”

Clane noticed his reaction and smiled bitterly. “Yeah, a pseudo-divine skill. It’s the reason because his skill is so strong.

“Malconi’s skill is called ‘Absolute Mana Body’. It allows him to turn his body into mana at will. That is the reason that your attacks did not cause him much damage. When he turns into mana, he can survive even if you behead him. The only way to hurt him is to use mana to destroy as much of his body as possible.”

Aleen’s expression turned serious. Now he finally understood why his attacks were ineffective.

Clane continued. “But if that is the extent of his skill, then it’s not worthy of being called pseudo-divine. The true power of his skill lies in its other effects.

“Malconi also can turn into mana partially. It gives him the ability to attack while flying. Moreover, he can use the surrounding mana to boost his attacks and recover his injuries quickly. The stronger the mana in the surroundings, the stronger he is. On this planet, even I’m not confident about defeating him.” Clane shook his head dejectedly.

“Then, his attacks...”

“Just a normal mana wave.” Clane replied. “But in his hands, mana wave is an incredibly powerful attack. His mana waves can draw the support of the mana surrounding him, making them as strong as the amount of mana he can draw.”

Aleen did not know how to react. Mana wave is a very basic technique, as basic as sword wave. But to think that Malconi perfected that technique at the level where it even surpasses some skills.

Aleen then looked at Clane. “Clane, you are an Irregular too, right? Are you so sick as him?”

Clane smiled brightly. “Of course not. I’m just a cultivator with a very rare aspect and a few powerful techniques.”

Aleen rolled his eyes. ‘Do you think I’ll believe that?’

Clane noticed Aleen's expression, but he ignored it. “Hey Aleen, what are your plans? Do you want to team up with me?”

Aleen thought for a moment before answering. “No problem, but I’m trying to find Aya. Also, I already formed a team with someone.”

“Huh?”

10