154. Aftermath
3k 16 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day everything started normal for the people of the land of waves. They woke up early and prepared for the day. However, everything changed once people reached the main square of the village. On a wooden cross with his limbs tied to it using barbed wire a headless corpse could be seen. Everyone could recognize who the person had been, especially because his head now rested impaled on a wooden spike a meter in front of the body. 

 

Gatoh’s face had frozen in horror when he had been killed. Now, his face could be seen by everyone present as they kept quiet trying to understand what was going on. As the minutes went by more and more people came to see what was going on only to freeze on the spot as well. 

 

Soon enough Tazuna followed by team Yamato came by as well. Unlike the inhabitants of the land of waves, team Yamato’s reaction was different. Yamato alongside Nozomi and Hinata glanced subtly towards Tomoka having the exact same thought. Though the reason behind that thought differed greatly. 

 

‘‘‘What the fuck Tomoka’’’ all three of them thought the same thing as the all blamed the girl that had nothing to do with the murder of Gatoh. She hadn’t sneaked out at night and she hadn’t assaulted the man’s mansion killing everyone inside. She also didn’t sneak into the village and made this little display. No matter what anyone said she was innocent that was for sure. 

 

A while later they left the place walking towards the almost completed bridge. A day or two more and the bridge would be completed. Though as of now it would be a little redundant seeing as the man the cause its necessity had perished under mysterious circumstances.  

 

“So, Tomoka mind explaining.” Of course Yamato didn’t have any evidence but his gut told him that the girl was responsible. 

 

“Explain what sensei? Oh, you are talking about my hair, right? I thought dyeing it blue would look good.” Of course Tomoka didn’t know what her sensei was talking about after all she was completely innocent. 

 

“Though I had wanted to ask about that as well, that isn’t what I asked just now.” Yamato could feel a headache approaching. Tomoka killing Gatoh could have international consequences. He needed to know if she really did it. 

 

“Did you kill Gatoh?” Not wanting to continue with the little farce he decided to ask the question directly. 

 

“Kill Gatoh? No, of course not. I just went for a walk last night and it so happens I was playing with a Tachi while I did so. Next thing I know Gatoh also went for a walk and I tripped. My Tachi just so happens to fall in just the right way to cut his head clean off.” 

 

[Puahaha look at his eyebrow, it's twitching so much!] 

 

‘Shush Kurama I am trying to keep a straight face here’ Tomoka was trying really hard to not laugh. Though she wasn’t the only one, Hinata had to disable some of her tenketsu to force her body to stop shaking from trying so hard not to laugh.  Nozomi for her part was almost vibrating from the exertion of stopping her laughter. 

 

“Tomoka, do you think this is a joke! Our mission was to protect Tazuna, not get rid of Gatoh. This could have political repercussions in the future.” Yamato didn’t know what to do at the moment. He felt extremely frustrated seeing how nonchalant Tomoka was about her actions. 

 

“Relax, I made sure it would be impossible to track it back to me. Not to mention killed everyone there except for a poor bastard that will probably have nightmares for the rest of his life. All he saw was a tall woman with white hair and red-black armor with a massive tachi cutting people down.” 

 

“That is not the point and you know it Tomoka” Yamato’s frustration only increased. Even if the incident couldn’t be tracked back to them it didn’t set a good precedent for the future. 

 

“Well, if it helps we could say I did it because he represented a hostile force against our client, which is the truth. Also, I found evidence that he was planning to attack us today around mid day anyway.” 

 

Hearing that calmed Yamato a bit. At least she had a plausible reason for her actions. In truth he knew that the land of waves wouldn’t push the matter much if at all. Gatoh had been a thorn in the side of the people of the nation. If anything, they would be thankful and try to reward them. That however, didn’t mean that Tomoka could go around doing whatever she wanted. 

 

“Fine, I will let this one go. However, I don’t want you to make a habit out of this. Understood?” Seeing Tomoka nod, Yamato relaxed. If he knew the kind of chaos she had and would unleash on the world he wouldn’t have believed that nod for even a single second. 

168