155. Back in Konoha
3.2k 18 162
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bridge was completed the next day and the one after that team Yamato left for Konoha. Three days later and team Yamato was back to the village hidden amongst the leaves. Walking up to the gate guards to announce their arrival the whole of team Yamato see that something was different. 

 

Unlike how the gate guards would normally attend to their jobs with low guards and a somewhat lazy demeanor, this time they were somewhat tense with their guards up. Approaching the guards, Yamato was the first one to talk. 

 

“Team Yamato reporting being back in Konoha” Nodding the guards looked through a list of Konoha ninja that had been outside the village. 

 

“Team Yamato, C-ranked mission. You are good to go in” 

 

“Out of curiosity, what is going on. Everyone looks… tense” Yamato said while looking inside Konoha, he could spot some ninja here and there doing patrols, more than usual that is. The civilians also looked a bit worried for one reason or another.

 

“Guess you wouldn’t know. Being away and all. Kusa was attacked a few weeks back. Being low on the command chain and all we don’t know much but from the rumors it’s said that all Kusa-nin were killed to the last man by an unknown group.” One of the gatekeepers said with a conspiratorial gleam.  

 

“Not only that but from the merchants we’ve heard that they had headbands with a spider symbol on them. From what the merchant heard the locals say they call themselves Spider-hounds.” Hearing all of this, Tomoka felt like cackling like a villain. 

 

“I see, well thanks for the info” With that team Yamato left for the Hokage tower. They still needed to report the success of their mission. That and Yamato as a jonin and ANBU wanted to talk with the Hokage to be up to date with this new possible enemy.

 

“Great job. To think that you would be facing such a dangerous mission your first time leaving Konoha. I must say I am proud of your performance though I am obligated to reprimand you Tomoka. What you did could have had political repercussions but seeing as all went well I will leave it to your teacher.” Said Hiruzen as he dismissed them. 

 

In reality, he could have had them write a report instead of having a verbal one. Though he much preferred doing it this way with team Yamato and Team kakashi. With both team’s having one of the last Uchiha alive and one jinchuriki he preferred to keep close watch. As the girls left Yamato stayed waiting for them to close the door.  

 

“Lord Hokage what exactly happened that has everyone so tense.” Hearing that Hiruzen couldn’t help but sigh. The last few weeks had been very stressful for the old man. 

 

Kusa had been destroyed not physically but all of its ninja forces had been removed. Though Kusa might not be the strongest out there it is still worrying that an unknown group could kill so many ninja without a single casualty. Worst of all is the fact that their head bands have the same spider symbol from back then. 

 

A while later Hiruzen finished explaining the situation with a worried look. Yamato for his part had a slight frown on his face while thinking. If the group that had attacked Kusa was indeed the one that had done the childish prank back in the day then it could mean many things. 

 

Could that same group have cause a slaughter back then? Why had they performed a prank then? Why had they destroyed Kusa now? What were their objectives and who was responsible? Many questions with no answer. No wonder the old man looked like he aged a decade. Yamato didn’t envy the poor old man. 

 

For their part, the girls were walking around Konoha while Nozomi and Hinata interrogated Tomoka. Through the years together they had developed a sort of sixth sense that allowed them to know when Tomoka was involved. 

 

“So you destroyed an entire village because an Uzumaki girl was being mistreated?” Nozomi said while narrowing her eyes. Wondering if she had to worry about Tomoka gaining a third girlfriend. 

 

“To be fair, she could help quite a bit with my future plans so there is also that.” Tomoka said while scratching her cheek. 

 

“Do we have to worry about an addition to our group?” Hinata said bluntly while looking Tomoka in the eyes with a mixture of worry and competitiveness. Hearing that Tomoka finally put two and two together as to why her girls had such interest in the topic. 

 

“Haha, don’t worry girls. The two of you are the only loves of my life. Karin won’t be joining our group or anyone else for that matter. Though I’ll admit you two look adorable when jealous.” After saying that Tomoka stole a kiss from both girls which they responded by pouting with red cheeks from embarrassment. 

 

“Cute” 

162