158. The cave
3.2k 7 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A while later Naruto was back with Kakashi inside the inn waiting for his teammates to come back. Meanwhile Kakashi lectured Naruto about situational awareness and how as a ninja he needed to keep his guard up. He also lectured him on separating from the team and how such a thing could lead to his end.

 

Of course Kakashi didn’t mention that he was being a bit of a hypocrite as he had also lost sight of Naruto despite being the older, more experienced and knowledgeable member of the team. Half an hour later Sakura and Sasuke came back to see Naruto napping on a couch and Kakashi reading his book. 

 

The next day the team met up with Yosuke before leaving the village for the mountains. Yosuke had asked some of his colleagues for directions and so he was acting as the guid while being guarded by the team. After a while of walking they saw a large cave entrance in the shape of a half circle ten meters in radius. 

 

“Ha! The ugly guys from yesterday!” Shouted Naruto while pointing towards a pair of men standing at the cave’s entrance acting like guards. 

 

Hearing Naruto’s scream the pair also became aware of them while brandishing their blades. From looks alone and their lack of chakra Kakashi figured out they didn’t have any ninja training. Though the fact they became somewhat hostile didn’t bode well. 

 

“Get lost! the Sendo clan has claimed this cave as theirs!” The two thuggish men exclaimed while pointing towards the group with their blades. Seeing this Yosuke took a step forward fearlessly before speaking.

 

“I do believe that if what you are saying were to be true then you wouldn’t have any problem showing proof that the village head has agreed to such a claim. Preferably in a written manner.”  Hearing Yosuke’s calm voice, the other two became enraged. 

 

“Are you calling our Sendo clan liars!” The bigger man said while taking a menacing step forward. At that Kakashi prepared to intervene if things became violent. 

 

“If you have no proof then yes, I am” Yosuke said without a care in the world. After spending so long in Konoha he knew the difference in power between the thugs and his guards was ridiculous. He would even bet that the kids could take them on. 

 

“You! How dare y-” The second man also walked forward intending to slash Yosuke into ribbons only for Kakashi to knock him out with a light smack to his neck. The first thug fell soon after as well. 

 

“Sendo clan, do you know them?” Kakashi asked Yosuke. He wanted to know how dangerous this clan is and whether or not they possessed a fighting force that could endanger the client or his team. 

 

“Not really, however I do know a few things about them. The Sendo clan is a somewhat powerful clan in the Howling village due to their economic power. They sell a hallucinogenic drug and over all you could think of them like a gang of thugs” Hearing that made Kakashi relax somewhat. 

 

“Though it is weird for them to become interested in this cave. After all, the only thing to arouse those ruffian’s interest is profit. Them being here means they know something of value is within.” Just like that Kakashi’s body became tense again. 

 

Kakashi could tell from how Yosuke said things that he believed trouble was ahead. If Yosuke could hire Ninja then why couldn’t the Sendo clan do the same. If that were the case then their mission would be upgraded from C-ranked to B or even A depending on the level of the enemy. 

 

“Kakashi Hatake. I would like to ask for you to aid me should the enemy be too much. If it comes to a dire situation I would be willing to pay more for your services” Once again Kakashi could read the not so hidden meaning this time. In other words should it really become a B or A ranked situation Yosuke would increase the payment as well. 

 

“So are we going in or what?” Hearing Naruto’s nonchalant attitude almost made Kakashi trip over nothing. That airhead would be the death of him.

 

125