Chapter 17 The Mistake
1.3k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pit had originally been filled with Wooden spikes,

When the tiger jumped into the pit trap, the spikes pierced its body, piercing through its skin, injuring it to a great extent.

Gast looked inside the pit, standing just behind the edge, watching the beast withering, and slowly dying due to blood loss.

As the beast slowly stopped moving Gast taking a stick aimed at the beast head and threw the stick with all his strength.

The stick struck with perfect accuracy.

"Roar!!" a sound/roar suddenly sounded from the pit.

The Tiger. The lord of these parts of the jungle, he was not yielded till yet.

It had been waiting, saving its strength for just one last attack, but unfortunately, it all had been for naught.

The hunter was patient too, just as cunning it was.

it did not reach toward the tiger directly, no he had waited till the tiger stopped taking breaths, even checking it before trying to take the corpse out.

"He is quite cautious," I said looking at Gast.

No, that's not exactly true. the voice in my head said

"What do you mean"

A hunter who knows all tricks only needs intelligence to do them.

You mean to say that Gast did not do this out of habit or cautiousness, but-"

How? its all due to that op racial talent you gave to all the people of this world.

"You mean even here, in this act of checking the Knowledge inheritance is giving them edge by telling them information on checking if a beast is alive or dead"

Yep!

"Oh"

and the real test of his skill is actually already been done and he had failed already.

"What test?"

I asked confused

"Are they already doing tests and qualification checks or something."

Nope, the test I am telling you about is a hypothetical one that each hunter ha to go and always goes through each and every time, they are hunting.

"You mean..."

Yes, the test that is called Life and Death

"And he failed it, how?"

Wait a bit more you will see it yourself.

"Oh sure"

I said in a curious voice.

While I was waiting I looked closely at Gast the hunter as he slowly pulled the corpse of the tiger up using a rope it lassoed around the tiger's body.

As he was slowly pulled out the body I heard some sounds coming from the forest, they were only small sounds of clip and clop, but as these noises slowly grew closer I heard a second noise, small muffled sounds of running.

The sounds grew closer and closer, but apparently, the hunter has still not registered these sound.

The hunter was still pulling that corpse out.

Finally, the sound became loud enough that they just might be coming from a few tens of meters away.

The hunter too must have heard the sounds finally as he stood up from his crouching position, the just pulled out tiger body lay behind him.

The hunter in a hurry took out his wood-stone tool-blade and stood ready.

Coincidently just as he had gotten his 'weapon' out, a pack of wolves came rushing out of the thick forest.

these wolves had grey fur, they without missing a beat surrounded him.

Sighing at the fate of the hunter, I turned my back to the scene asked Tanya to help me return back to the room.

As my mind came back again, I was still sitting on the same chair I previously was.

"Did he survive?" I asked casually, even though I knew the answer already.

"Nope, how could he, humans are not really meant to fight beasts of that level and quantity individually."

"True"

"Still, some good came out of all  this"

"Oh, what privileges?"

 

30