chapter 19 Cultural Controls.
1.5k 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry guys my exams were going on so I could not post past weeks

Culture, what is culture, I ask of you do you know?

Well if you do congratulations, though there are no rewards and for those of you who don't understand what is culture, I'll tell you.

Culture is life.

It is our ideas, our society, our world as we see it.

Whatever we make, what we think, what we believe in, the one we idolize, all these things are not decided by us no.

We do not decide them, the society and the community does. It, they push and pull our thoughts and decision around what they deem correct or right.

You hate yellow flowers, why? because you were told so by the society.

You are afraid of number 4, si, why? because society told you they were unlucky.

Why does Hindu use color white in the funerals and Christians at weddings?

Why? why? all because of society and what they told you, taught you.

And now the final question why does the society teach you all this.

How could it know?

Simple, culture.

Culture is the spiritual guide book, the constitution that we all refer to in making our decisions.

And when you control culture you control the thought the life of people.

Deep right? I never really thought about these things and only realized how even small things have a strong connection and change it can cause us.

Unfortunately at that time I never really thought about things like that.

Still looking at it now, I am happy that the max damage I ever did was the 'Blood Tree Incident'.

=====

 The Culture Control option was the least among the list.

It had 2 options for me to select.

One the are or the location where the changes were to be applied.

Two of the types of culture I wanted to be prominent there.

I first selected the area, the landmass or the continent for the changes to be applied by marking the area on the map that appeared on the screen after selecting the option.

The map had the option of zoom in and out for clarity.

After selecting the area (I selected the central content), I clicked on the second option I had about selecting the part of a culture I wanted to change or control in the selected area.

There were various options that I could change like their mentality over how to hunt, what to wear, how they celebrated and many many more.

Seeing various options I was very dazzled for a second, then I surfed across various options my eye caught an option I wanted to try.

It was the option of liking to live together and establish a permanent area for living.

Selecting it a new screen appeared, asking me to make boost these beliefs of the culture or to reduce them.

I selected the boost and entered the change.

And... Nothing happened.

No pop-ups or anything all looked the same for now.

"Hey, did the cultural changes I made..."

"Yeah," she asked, "what about them?"

"Did they work"

"They did," she said curtly

"Oh, but I can not see any changes happening ?" I asked her 

"Of course you can't, the changes have been made but they are still not completely prominent yet," She said replying.

"Oh! What do you mean by that?" I asked, my head still a bit muddled, though it was starting to get better.

"You really are an..." She looked at me and slowly muttered pounder her breath

"What I didn't hear you," I said to her confused, cause I couldn't hear what she said clearly.

"Never-mind that, let's get back to the important topic," she said bring me back to the current topic.

"Sure" 

"So the changes you made, they were meant to increase the belief that settling down and working together is better than wandering and be lone groups, right?"

"Yeah" I nodded

"So now you only need to give some time and observe, the beliefs (culture) that you change need some time to be accepted and adopted by the people.

"The larger the change the more time it will take, and the similar to the previous culture the smaller the time required to adopt the changes."

She told me.

"So you are saying it needs time for the change to be adapted," I asked for a small conformation.

"Yeah," she said simply

"So around how much time," I asked her 

"Around 2-3 generations should work," she said appearing thoughtful

"2-3 generation!"

I said with a surprise.

"Well I say you should check out the new observation feature to check out the central content and you will find the changes happening, under the time acceleration"

She told me shrugging at my surprise.

 

31