Chapter 30 Start of the End
332 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shaking my head, I forced myself to focus on the task at hand.

I was floating over a city.

Scratch that, I am floating over a used-to-be city.

A city with a large stadium in the middle and blood and gore all over the city, giving it a dark vibe.

The city which once prospered is now a dead one.

Floating around I could see broken structures, houses, rusted iron weapons, and some broken guns.

The only other thing that might be found in the city were bodies.

Bodies of dead lying here and there.

Anywhere I moved, the only thing in sight was destruction.

In this City of the dead, I slowly searched around, thinking maybe there may be some survivors, but I found none, all I found were the still... the dead.

Copse, guns, broken weapons all signified the war that had occurred in the city, a war that has razed this city to death.

As I moved around searching for any living soul that might have survived this war, I found none.

And moving around just as I thought there is no more hope of finding one, I found a small girl-

Oh, stop I was joking I know you were not a small girl, the normal cliche, oh stop, stop I won’t say anything wrong, please stop.

Sigh! so where was I, yeah, so I found a small white mouse among the rubble, injured and bleeding.

It was making “squeak” “squeak" sounds.

Closing on it, I picked it up with the new power I had just gained from advancement into grade 0 world creator.

Just as I picked it up, it squeaked again, trying to run with its injured body.

Since it could not see me it was obvious that anyone or anything would panic if they starting floating in the air suddenly.

I curbed it down for a moment, stagnating his body with my power.

As the voice of mouse calmed down I released him from his immobilized state, and as soon as I did it looked around, anxiously (?) and just when I thought it would try to jump or run out again, it stopped its movements and gazed in the same direction I was.

I looked at my back, thinking maybe someone or something might come from behind me.

There was nothing, no movement at, and nothing that might startle someone at all, only the dead city.

As I looked back at the mouse I saw something strange, the mouse was not looking behind me; it was looking at the place just where I was.

It was looking at me.

I was curious now, so I asked mentally

Tanya, this mouse can it see me.

Oh, that white mouse? Yes, he can see you.

Oh! how? you said that none can see me like this.

Yes, I did, but it was when you went down in the world just when the E. humans had started to settle down.

What’s the difference?

The difference is that you released a foreign element not present before to this world.

Genmu?

Yes,  this mouse was affected by it. Oh, and by the way I think you should start flying out of the city, the night is stirring.

What? I asked, confused.

Look around, was all she said.

And I did, keeping an eye on the strange mouse at the same time.

And I could see what she had been pointing out to me.

The bodies, the corpses that littered the city was stirring as if rising from just some sleep.

“Damn that as fast” I muttered under my breath.

Carefully holding that mouse, I flew up in the air carrying the small guy and floated over the city, still waiting for the drama to unfold.

And it did soon. The Corpses that littered the city moved, sometimes erratically, sometimes smooth, but they all soon stood up, and started moving toward the walls of the city.

And under my calm and melancholy vision, the Walking Dead moved out of the city, leaving the ruins of the once-prosperous city.

“Sorry to you all, I will try to reflect about you all I the future, but for now I need to do this”

A thought, they heard a voice or a wispier that was to be forgotten in the city that night.

4