Chapter 6: Preparation
4.5k 11 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I flipped my wrist as a hologram appeared from my Vrace and inputted the command {box}. I chose the following items as it appeared on the floor one by one out of thin air.

I then confirmed my belongings which was a pair of jogging clothes.

"...Man this thing sure is convenient"

The Vrace is an important item that every citizen of each nation must have. An item made by mixing the artifacts and treasures found in the labyrinth and engineering it like a phone would be but with an additional function as a storage box.

After that I quickly went to shower and change into my grey tracksuit.

I decided to to check out the backyard and test out some of my skills which I had attuned for the three days I was awaiting to move out. Right in front of me was a wooden dummy that had sprouted from the ground as I inputted the command for target practice along with a transparent barrier forming at the walls.

The dummy looked like wooden scarecrow but the material that it has is equivalent to hardened alloy which meant that it wouldn't break that easily even if I tried with my measly skills, in addition it was 40 meters away from my shooting range.

I took a deep breath as I felt the mana surging throughout my body, I opened my palms in order for preparation. I then spoke the name of the skill.

"[Magic bullet]"

Four balls of light, the size of a pellet appeared above my opened palm as it immediately flew in high speeds towards it's targets.

*Ting Ting

I looked at the result after it launched, two dents could be seen from the dummy's right shoulder and one on the stomach, the other remaining magic bullets had gone past the dummy and had hit the barrier at the back.

"..Again huh.., well at least I improved the numbers of bullets and most specially my aim" I mumbled as I readied myself once again but this time with my black rounded goggles on.

I took a deep breath as I braced myself from a dose of vertigo.

'[Penetrating Gaze]!'

My eyes formed two glowing circles, one large one small as the goggles had seemingly glowed pink.

'Focus on one spot, focus' I reminded myself.

Everything in my perception seemed slower and as I focused on the dummy. It seemed much closer as it felt like I could reach out and touch it, the most bizarre thing was that I could see through it's insides from time to time. It was hollow with some metal pipes forming as it's skeleton.

"[Magic Bullet]!"

I launched four of the same balls of light earlier as it flew straight towards the target but this time I was sure all of it hit. I deactivated my skill [Penetrating Gaze] as I placed my goggles atop of my head. I closed my eyes for just a few second before I opened them again as I was feeling the usual disorientation.

I scanned the dummy and a grinned formed on my lips, satisfied at my improvement.

"Headshots"

Four dents could be seen on the dummy's head, two on each of its cheeks and one on its forehead and one on it's mouth. All of the spots I actually aimed for had landed a hit which was an amazing feat compared to what I did before and that was due to my innate skill, [Penetrating Gaze-Gift of Lust].

My magic eyes that I had awakened from childhood. It was also a very defining trait of my Irisville blood and unlike any other awakened family members, these eyes have a peculiar trait that seems more like a defect if no one knows what it can actually do.

The magic eyes of the Irisville should have two abilities in them but mine, like in the case of my uncle has only one. However, mine was originally like that in the first place and this fact is further evidence by the two circles of my eyes.

I rubbed my eyes as I felt that my vertigo had vanished completely.

'These eyes are very powerful but it does have it's downsides...'

"Status!"

=====

Name: Ray Irisville

Mystic Tier: 2

Profession: Pathfinder

Class: N/A

Nature: Null

Innate Skill: Penetrating Gaze-Gift of Lust = [Magic eyes that enables the user to see beyond any perceived obstacles and reveal it's bare form]

Skill Slots [2/5]: Opticpoint Mana Operation (B), Magic Bullet (F),

Personal Distribution [2/4]: Precision (Lvl 2), Sense (Lvl 2)

=====

Although the description is kind of suggestive, it basically means that I have X-ray vision, that's the only ability in my eyes. The thing that most people wouldn't know is that aside from x-ray vision, my inner circle doesn't give an auxiliary ability but enhances my visual acuity and perception to superhuman levels.

'...In the story, it was only later revealed that Ray had such trait because he tried to avoid using it too much due to the accompanying disorientation. I can't really blame the guy, I feel like puking every time I use it'

"..If it wasn't for the goggles I would have passed out by now.." I mumbled as I reminded myself how important this memento is.

The goggles is something that Ray's father had gifted him when he was a child because at that time when he awakened the eyes, he was always passing out due to being unable to control it's powers. So his father bought him goggles specially inscribed with an effect to lower the skill's intensity along with it's side effect.

These eyes were also the crucial point in making the deal with my uncle because I wouldn't be able to convince him if I didn't possess these eyes.

I plopped down on the grass of the backyard as I felt the gentle breeze against my skin. I looked down on my status again. I grinned as I gave thanks to 'dear uncle' for graciously giving me the family manual.

===

Opticpoint Mana Operation (B)- A mana operation based on taking advantage of the smooth channels in one's eyes as the center and modifier of mana circulation, allows for fast and efficient mana operation. A skill created by the Irisville.

Magic bullet (G)- A null spell that uses pure balls of mana to attack.

===

In this world, skills can be naturally existing, it can be found within the labyrinth and can also be created and taught. Skills are graded from G to EX, with G being the lowest and EX being the highest. 

Skills can be learned instantly by opening a skill book or manual recognized by the system of the world or one could create one themselves but one should be mindful choosing skill due to their in born nature.

Nature, as stated in the status, describes what type of skills one is most compatible with and matching the skills with nature would elavate it's grade. Nature is divided into elements ranging from light, darkness, water, fire...up to null. Considering these constraints, one must be careful of what skills to get in order to maximize their potential and class.

'...The fact that my [Magic bullet] skill immediately improved once I got the manual really goes to show how trash the mana operation taught by my aunt is.." I mused.

If before I could only use two at each shot then, after learning the family manual I'm able to launch four for each shot. Mana operations don't only benefit skills but also how effective one utilizes mana. Such is why it is standard to get Mana operation skills first before anything else.

"Huph"

I stood up as I went inside the house, deciding I was done checking out my skills. I opened my storage box as I changed into another set of casual clothes.

I then checked my notes of the novel I wrote down as I made it a priority to buy an important item that I should be practicing with in order to get my ideal class.

In this world, classes are a type of growth path a person must choose in order to break through their limits and normally one chooses it at the ripe age of 16 at a designated church where a priest will help awaken  their classes.

It's been proven that classes don't appear at any age before 16. It's been taught that it's because their bodies wouldn't be able to handle the change in their systems.

'.....In the case in the story, the characters will awaken their classes in the academy and such awakening would establish who's at the top and who's not as classes are not just simple titles attached in the status...so preparing for that is key to my survival'

I read up my notes.

'Class are not definitive but are a list of possible choices which are presented by the system. It's theorized that it is influenced by a person's learned skills, nature, disposition, fate and-'

"Weapon of choice....I guess it's time to go shopping"

153