Chapter 7: Preparation [2]
4.1k 15 149
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was walking down the hill as the villa was located from atop an isolated hill next to the city. I looked up, gazing intently at the sky I've seen three days ago when I went to move out of the main household.

It was naturally blue as skies normally would and there were even clouds that were in the background. Sunlight shone just like normal but the only out of place in this scene was the large pillar of white light that reached out beyond the skies.

'...This seems so surreal..no matter how many time I've seen it..'

In addition to the light pillar that extended from the center of the city, 14 more could be seen far away into the distance. 

There were transparent hexagon lines covering the sky above me as it could be seen spanning all the way to the horizon.

The pillar was the labyrinth while the hexagonal lines was the barrier that kept out the billions of monsters awaiting it to crumble down.

'Although it looks like a normal sky, it's basically an illusion made by the barrier because it should be full of dust and monsters flying around....and it's probably for the best, no one would want seeing monsters above their heads anyway..'

As I reached the city which looks like any modern city one would find on Earth such as tall buildings and light posts all around, there were even cars being driven. I looked at my vrace, showing a map of weapon shops automatically pinned. 

'...Hmmm where the hell are you at...'

I searched over my target shop for about 5 minutes or so before finally finding the name and fortunately it was within walking distance.

"...I wish it was detailed in the novel where it was located...although I probably wouldn't remember it anyway.." 

I immediately followed the route towards the weapon shop in mind. I didn't need to hurry or anything but the excitement from seeing an important cast of the story is still exciting even in the situation I've found myself in.

I contemplated a bit about the weapon I was going to practice with while I passed by the cityscape.

The weapons used in this world are all imbued and compatible with mana which gives them an absurd amount of durability, sharpness and augmentation overall.

For close range fighters most would use swords, spears, halberds, hammers, daggers, and even bare handed style combat.

For long range fighters, most of them actually are magic users and bow users but there are exceptions.

This includes the outliers, innovators and the nutjobs in the story which for example are technically mages but still prefers to fight in close range and the vice versa.

All of these types may have different fighting styles maybe due to their class or their preference despite their classes but they all have one thing in common, mana.

Without mana, the system will without a doubt not acknowledge it as a part of a class nor a type of skill because it only recognizes things with mana as targets and recipients of the system.

'...In the novel, some characters got a dead end on their chosen classes because they chose the wrong weapon. This in turn led them to become weaker over time..'

I mused as I reminded myself that it could also apply to myself.

'It's fortunate that I know some of the requirements for the perfect class for Ray considering that I have less than three weeks to work with'

I stopped at an isolated street where trash and garbage bags were littered everywhere and at the end of that street was a simple shop with a wooden sign that said-

(Delan's Weapons Shop)

"This is the place.."

The look and the name of the shop is exactly like from the novel meaning that I was at the right place.

*Kling

I stepped inside the shop as the sound of a bell resounded. I looked around the interior.

There were a lot of space inside where all the weapons and merchandise were displayed on the wall and some tables.

*Zzzz

'Hmmmm?'

The sound of someone sleeping got my attention as I scanned around, I stopped looking as I saw someone at the counter of the shop.

'..Oh man..it's him..'

A boy wearing a leather apron and had brown messy hair was drooling at the counter unaware of his customer. His face was also smuddered with oil.

"Ummm Hello.." I called out.

*Zzzz

"Hello.."

*Zzz

"Hello!"

"!?" The boy shot up in surprise as he immediately woke up searching around the shop.

His face paled when his eyes laid on me.

"Who are y-you!? are you the debt collector!?"

"Wait kid I'm not a debt-"

"A-are you here to c-collect the money!?. I'm sorry but I swear I'll pay it off s-so please have mercy"

He then bowed his head against the counter in a fluid motion as if it was practiced. He was shivering in fear as he awaited my response.

'..I kinda forgot about this setting, it just seems so out of his usual character in the latest arcs'

I sighed as I forgot that his debt was still in effect at this time.

"Raise your head please. I swear I'm not a debt collector or anything like that"

The boy raised his head slowly, tears visible from his eyes.

"You're n-not a debt collector"

"I'm not"

"...why a-are you here then?"

"..Is this place not a weapon's shop?"

"....It is a weapon's shop" he said as if he couldn't understand what was happening.

"....."

'This kid..I pity this guy'

"I'm here to buy one of the weapons here. I'm a customer" I sighed inwardly as I couldn't believe I had introduced myself that way.

The boy just stared at me for a few minutes before being startled once again but in excitement this time.

"A costumer! I can't believe it's a customer, I'm not dreaming right *pinch. It's...not a dream" 

He was in a world of his own so I decided to call out to him.

"Umm are you the owner of this shop?"

'I already know who you are though'

"Huh?..Ahh yes! I'am the owner of Delan's Weapons shop. I'm Delan Ironlart..and how may I assist you good sir?" he smiled as he rubbed his hand.

Delan Ironlart. A youth that was left to run his parent's shop at the age of 14 when they unfortunately passed away. 

Delan in Destiny's Play has the role of providing numerous weapons and items to the protagonist which ultimately led them to survive until the latest volumes of the novel.

The shop that Delan runs not only sell weapons but also sells weapons made by the Delan himself which were the items that made his shop special.

The special thing about Delan is that he has an innate skill, [Iron God's Burning Palms], which enables his hands to elevate the quality of minerals and such work effectively translates to a better weapon compared to other shops around.

He was only found by the MC when they got entangled in Delan's debt collectors problem and one thing led to the next and they eventually became friends and patrons.

'..Well time to get what I came here for'

"Where's your personal crafts?"

"...Wha- How did you know that-"

I pointed at his face and clothing.

"You're obviously a craftsman kid"

He got flustered a bit as he tried to wipe his face clean.

"...Sir I'm just a beginner and I haven't picked my class yet so I don't think that my crafts aren't up to par yet"

"...Kid just show me since I'll be the judge wether it is up to par or not"

"...Yes sir" he lightly smiled

Delan went to the back of the shop for a bit before presenting a box with full of weapons.

"Here you go sir"

"Hmmmm"

I pretended to ponder in thought as if I knew what I was looking at but in all honesty I had no idea what actual quality these weapons had although I had confidence that all of it were greater than normal not only because of Delan's innate skill but also his unfounded genius as a blacksmith.

They were all normal looking, plain even but had clean structure to them and after I scanned a little more, I found what I was looking for at the corner of the box.

'Gotcha'

"Hey I want to buy that" I pointed at the item.

"....Are you sure sir..even I didn't feel confident making that.."

"Don't mind it kid, I know that it's good just from one glance"

"..Ok sir"

'I feel like I'm stealing but not at the same time' I felt conflicted since I knew the original owner of what I was buying.

The weapon shop isn't just available to the protagonist but also to the villains which in hindsight Delan knew nothing about and one of those pricks became regulars as they became engrossed on the quality of the weapon they bought that it eventually became an item series.

Item series in this world refers to gradual improvement of a weapon through highly refined techniques which in the case of the story is Delan's technique.

'Sorry but you assholes won't be getting the good stuff'

Delan then placed the item on the counter as he asked me.

"...Sir are you a fan of it-magitech I mean?"

'Magitech'

The combination of modern technology and mana, a concept very much recognized by the system and that includes-

"I mean who doesn't like it kid"

I took the item from the counter.

In my hand was a metal colored semi-automatic revolver with a slightly larger barrel and body from usual ones, with black linings as designs for the frame.

149