Chapter 24: Movements [2]
4k 13 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Emily, Ray and Amana left for the infirmary, Garret decided to test out the skills of each student one by one.

Which meant that he had them foght him one on one but with the condition that he wpuld only play defense against them.

Even when they heard those conditions, most of the class had despairing expressions on their faces since their professor is known to have impenetrable defense.

And so one by one, they tried break through but alas not a scratch was ever made on him. Although there were a few individuals that had caught his attention.

"Hmmm you've got great talent kid but that ain't enough"

Brian gritted his teeth in frustration as he pointed his spear at Garret once again. It's been 2 minutes of fighting and Brian still hadn't landed a legit hit yet.

"..Shut up. I'll make you bleed"

Brian then proceeded to unleash a flurry of thrust towards Garret but he blocked all of it. All of a sudden, Brian appeared behind Garret as he activated his class skill.

 "Spear arts [Absolute Pierce]"

Brians's spear made screeching sounds as it's figure flashed straight towards Garret's chest but-

"Oho~ very nice, as expected of a spear master but it's still half-baked I'm afraid"

The professor caught the tip of Brian's spear with his fingers as if it was child's play. Brian's eyes held rage from the humiliating display of difference in power.

"Well time's up. Everyone is dismissed. We will continue this next time"

Everyone let out a sigh of relief but Brian was still eager to continue on but he understood that he was no match for the professors at this stage and so he relented.

Jun on the other hand didn't get to have his turn on the class but seeing Brian's prowess and Ray's display of amazing composure in combat made him want to train more than ever now that he had unlocked his skill.

However he had another problem to solve before that and that was to get his sword appraised.

"...I can't afford the appraisal fee here in the academy so my best bet is to go with Lily's household's appraiser"

Jun sighed thinking that it would be very awkward to visit Lily's house just to get a cheap appraisal but he shook off that worry  as Lily called out to him.

Jun thought he might as well take the offer since he was broke and it would be kind of rude towards Lily specially now that she has been opening up to him just recently.

Jun felt that he was finally making friends after coming to the academy and it was all thanks to a certain pink haired boy.

"Although I wish he wasn't so greedy..." Jun lamented as he joined up with Lily outside.

-----

Inside a dim lighted room within the academy were two individuals looking through certain records and files of the new batch of freshmen.

One was a demonkin with short black hair and two short horns on her head while she handed out some files to a desk.

The other one was a mature beauty who had long silver hair and silver eyes that seems to have endless depth within them. 

She had all the right curves in all the right places, her looks would be summed up akin to a goddess but her reputation in combat is likened to that of the devil.

She was Selena Rivie Uvelia, the headmaster of the academy and the last member of the Uvelia household.

Selena took a cup of tea as she drank it with a blissful face. She took a peek from the report as she asked her secretary, Windy Farren, about it's content.

"So is it true that he has awakened?"

Windy skimmed through the report once again before replying.

"Yes, he indeed has maam. From what Terrin has observed, it seems that he had an external awakening of some sort"

"Oh? external huh, what was the source?"

"According to him, it was right after he had made contact with a peculiar sword with chains on it's handle"

Selena paused for a moment before asking a question.

"A sword? Where did he get that? I have no recollection of there being special swords in the first layer"

"No, it wasn't his in the first place. It's reported that it's a found treasure by another freshman by the name Ray Irisville. He also broke a record of finding a new area there"

Selena then thought for a minute while looking outside the window.

"An Irisville.., so it's that greedy geezer's kid but I could have sworn that he only had a daughter in this place" she said confused.

"Well he does have a daughter here but the second years are still stuck on the upper 20th layers until now. It will be a while back before they return"

"Ray Irisville is his brother's son which he took custody of after his dissappearance. I swear maam, you should be aware of the top clan's affairs for once" Windy said exasperated.

Selena made a sorry expression since it's been multiple time that she has been scolded by her cute secretary.

Selena wasn't interested in politics in the first place and she was always busy with other important stuff regarding the labyrinth, the alliance and-

"So did the fallen cause the incident in the first layer?" she asked in a serious tone.

A stifling pressure was oozing out of her while she sat normally in her seat although her secretary was brushing it off like it was a usual occurence.

"No, it was caused by another student by the name Donovan Yorden and Shivan Teller. They are also found to be followers of your nephew,  Brian Silvious"

Selena then sighed when she heard her nephew's name.

"...Did he order them to do it?"

"No, he did not" She answered straight away considering the feeling of the headmaster.

It was a relief for Selena to hear that her once cute nephew had not gone down that path but she fears that it was only a matter of time.

"We will let it be this time, we can't interfere too much with student's affair and we can't always protect them either"

"Now that he had awakened, this cramped world will start to see changes at last or so at least that was she promised it would"

Selena then reminisced the day her old friend recommended to admit a black haired boy to her academy.

Her old friend made a bet that day, that he was the one that will free them from this sham of a test by the Gods.

Now that the gears of fate has started to turn, all she could do now was pave the way for their growth.

It was a sign of an ending of an old era and the rise of the fated generation of liberators or the era of their fated destruction.

"Those youngsters have a lot on their plate this time, don't you agree Windy?"

"Indeed they have maam but you yourself have a lot of business to take care of. So let's resume our work shall we"

Her secretary then pulled out a lot of paperwork from her vrace as she smiled at her boss.

Selena on the other hand was on the verge of tears as she pulled out her pen reluctantly.

"I wish you forgot about this stuff even for a minute"

"Nope, this is the result of you dilly dallying on the lower layers for the first three week of the opening so let's get to it"

"....I swear I hate this job" she mumbled as she started to process the mountains of paperwork on her desk.

-----

In the infirmary where there was only two people present. There was a very heavy atmosphere surrounding those two individuals.

One was a pink haired youth who was grinning from ear to ear while counting the rising value of Del's in his vrace.

The other one was a beautiful green haired elf who had a perplexed expression on her face as she transffered a huge amount of money to the one that had bested her in combat.

By the time that she had woken up, she found herself in an infirmary and realized that the bastard had taken her there.

Right after that, he requested that she fork out some money to buy a necklace from him which further confused her.

Of all the things to ask of royalty, he opted to request her to buy something from him. He could have asked for her loyalty, her secrets and even her body.

She couldn't backed out of any of his request by then since she had given out her word and the promises of elven royalty must be upheld at all cost because their words reflect their connections with nature and the power of the spirits.

Once she breaks one of her promises , her connection with spirits would no longer be strong, at worst they would ignore her completely.

As much as Amana disliked Ray, she had to fulfill the request of the victor if she still wanted to retain her honor and power.

Alas her worries were unfounded as he only requested such a simple condition and nothing more. 

Ray even showed the Eclipse Earings to show some good faith in the transaction. Although he had implemented a price before it's appraisal data.

To which was acceptable since he could have just literally asked her to give the money without exchanging the item in question.

She also felt that the item was something that's high leveled and had suspected that it might have come from the area that he had discovered lately.

Moreover, Amana realized from the mana emanating from the item that it was not fake at all. 

Her vrace then ringed as the transfer was over, indicating that she had paid 350,000 Dels for the item in total. 

Ray then immediately handed Amana the earings as soon as he got the payment.

"There, we're done here" Ray said as he stood up from the bed.

Seeing Ray nonchalantly finish his business with her as if there was nothing more he could have gotten out of the deal was annoying to her for some reason.

It felt like she was being belittled in a sense and such she called out to him one last time.

"..Why did you request something as trivial as that? You could have gotten something more from me...so why?" her voice seemed to break as she asked Ray who was at the exit.

Ray looked back at her as if he was looking at some idiot.

"Are you for real? That's all I ever needed from you and besides-"

He then turned around as he gave a smirk.

"Just look at your face, you looked like you were about to cry, princess~"

"I'm not into that creepy stuff anyways so next time don't try to go accepting bets like it's a gauranteed win, your next opponent won't be sane like me afterall"

After leaving that message, he left the scene unbothered. A few seconds right after, the nurse came back to the infirmary.

"Oh you're finally awake....wait are you ok?" the nurse asked Amana.

The elf princess just sat in the bed while she tried to hide her crimson like face from the eyes of the nurse.

"...Y-you b-bastard..." she mumbled with raging fury.

147