Chapter 276: Ogre
101 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why are you so hostile. We come to befriend you?" The miffy Amber is on her edge as the Dalish woman keeps spouting belligerent remarks despite their forbearing persuasion. 

Dalish and dark elves tendency to loathe humans is strong.

It’s something that probably originated from the many acts of aggression that occurred in the past.

Hiro sighs and look at the woman behind him who is shrouded in robe.

"Selene.."

The woman strides to the position between Amber and Mithra. She removes the robe covering her head.

"...what...elf? Real elf?"

The Dalish girl is open-mouthed as the delicate looking woman with snow white skin possesses ears that stretch even longer than Dalish. 

"I am Selene. The only elven survivor. These human had helped me in the past. They can be trusted."

Hearing that sincere tone, Mithra lowers her bow. 

But she shakes her head and raises her now and points towards the elven girl. 

"No. Could be an impostor. I will not allow you to approach my tribe even at the cost of my life!"

She shoots an arrow but her action is predicted as Clementine barges in and blocks it. 

Mithra leaps backward to distant herself from the group. 

"Surround her. Don't let her get away!" 

Hiro orders. 

"So you show your true colour, eh?"

Each of her opponent is now hiding behind a tree encircling her. 

"Gooooaaaarrr!!"

They are suddenly stunned by a frightening roar. 

Mithra, as an inhabitant of Korcari Wilds know this sound. If one is a Dalish living in this deep forest, even if one is a child, there would be no one who don't recognize the creature that produces that roar. In the area around the camp, there are several species of monsters which danger level is high, but this monster, ogre is the one that top of the list. 

It has skin that is impenetrable by arrows unless shot at short range. Fighting at close range is extremely life threatening as it possesses a raw strength that could bisect a Dalish body. To make it worse, due to all of its physical abilities being high, running away from it is nearly futile, it's truly a terrifying monster!

"But . Why is ogre here?"

Mithra furrows her eyebrows with cold sweat starting to appear on her smooth skin.

"Ogre?" Hearing her words, Hiro, who is from the other world recognize the word, "Ogre". 

He asks,

"Hey, is ogre that big monster with human body?"

"You know?" She replied in perplexed but nervous look. She knows how dangerous ogre is but it is usually lurk in region further from here. She wonders why it comes here. 

"Your majesty. Do you know what that is?"

Hiro nods to everyone's questions.

"Kyaaa!!"

Suddenly, they hear a girly shout. 

Mithra becomes panic but suddenly someone jumps from outside. 

He run towards her.

"Eh..Cammen?"

He reaches her without disruption by her opponents. She feels weird but that is if secondary importance now.

"That voice... It is Gheyna!"

Cammen tells her.

Several minutes later, a group of six Dalish figures are seen running desperately towards them. The one leading them is a familiar girl.

"Gheyna!!"

Mithra and Cammen call her.

"Cammen. Where were you? We had been looking for you?"

They run towards the two.

"What are you doing? Is that ogre's sound?"

A Dalish man answers her,

"Gheyna asked our help to find her missing friend but they we got too deep into the forest... then we found ogre."

Mithra questions with face of unbeliever,

"Impossible. Ogre can't be there!"

"We didn't venture into its region. But it seems to be getting nearer to us for unknown reason."

"Goaaaar!"

Their conversation is then interrupted by another fierce roar.

"I can't just retreat like this.. this draws it nearer to the camp!" Mithra becomes desperate.

"It seems you need help. You are not in position to deny help in this situation." Hiro comes out from his hiding.

The Dalish are shockingly wary of Hiro and his followers but it seems they are more concerned about the incoming ogre.

"Fine. Let's hide our presence!"

They hide behind trees, expecting the ogre. 

The mood of starting to let their guard down suddenly tense up when Gheyna points at a direction.

Gheyna has even better eyesight than Mithra.

She has only caught the sight of a shadow for just a moment. It just happens to be behind many enormous trees for just a single blink of the eye as far as her line of sight extends. 

So, it is more than possible she has mistaken it for something else. However, a ranger with the best eyes among the Dalish, Gheyna's excellent vision easily betrays even her own expectation. 

"It's the ogre."

Only she could see it for now but everyone else becomes nervous.

They point their bow towards the direction. 

After a while, a towering figure appears and is approaching with loud footsteps.

Then, it is apparent for anyone with eyes to see. A huge body is sluggishly  approaching them from between the trees. The only reason it doesn't move fast is due to dense trees.

It has jaws and a broad nose as well as balding head. Its single eye is large and its giant pupil roams to find preys. 

It is naked. Its gigantic penis is dangling left and right. 

Veins and muscles are bulging. 

"Gheyna... isn't that thing huge? Is ogre really that huge?"

Cammen swallows her spit and asks in panic.

They don't actually measure its size but by comparing it to the surrounding large trees, they could get a rough estimation.

"It is even larger than orcs."

Clementine says as if the words are being squeezed out if her. 

Hearing the word"orc", Sylvia, the former orcs' raped victim, strides furiously between them and the ogre. Its about thirty meters between Sylvia and the ogre.

"Hoi, stand back!" She ignores Hiro and others.

"Lightning!" 

A massive sword shaped electricity strikes the ogre from above. This is even larger than she usually unleashes.

"This is... Magic?" 

The Dalish are dumbstruck as they see magical attack for the first time in their life. The had seen other magic spells, but not arcane magics.

The ogre is on its knee and is standing up but another electric strike comes.

"Lightning."

The ogre is again forced on its knee. There is a minute of cool down period before her next attack. Despite its immobility, no one dares to attack the ogre. 

"Lightning."

Her third attack strikes its body and severe burns are visible on its durable skin.

While waiting for her next attack, Sylvia falls to her knees. The others walk to her and carries her.

She is breathing hard. 

"Lightning." 

Fourth attack strikes it, turning its body black. 

"Goaaaar!"

Its roar freaks out everyone.

After a minute, fifth attack strikes it. The ogre falls onto the ground, face down.

"Is it dead?" A Dalish asks.

"No.. it is still moving." Mithra warns but her voice trembles.

The ogre struggles to rise up.

"Lightning." 

Sixth attack strikes it but it is very small in size compared to five earlier attacks. 

Sylvia's breath is becoming frantic and her legs loose strength. 

Godwin, the large man carries her in a princess carry. 

As the sixth attach seems a lot weaker, the orc could stand up. Everyone immediately retreats.

Before it could make a step forward, seventh attack strikes him and this is even smaller than before.

Nevertheless, its body seems to suffer severe burns. 

"Goaaaar!"

Meanwhile, Sylvia faints on Godwin's hands. 

"What should we do now. Even those powerful magic didn't kill it." A Dalish man speaks and retreats behind a tree. 

Before it could walk, a large ice cone rises from the ground.

"Blizzard."

"What magic, this time."

The Dalish notices Selene stands before them and points her hand towards the monster. 

A girl with medium length yam coloured loose hair walks to Selene's back.

"I stared at its eye countless times. My hypnosis doesn't work on this monster!" The girl, Soraya Zoen speaks in loud voice as if screaming.

She knows hypnotic magic?" Another Dalish man asks.

Hiro replies,

"So, it either your hypnosis doesn't work on other than humans or this ogre is too powerful for your magic."

The ice cones summoned by Selene are hindering its movement and even stab into its body.

It is starting to bleed.

Selene could launch another ice attack but that would be redundant as it would destroy the existing ice cones. 

Finally, the monster breaks free after destroying the ice cones.

"Blizzard." Another comes appear.

"Goaaaar!!"

Clementine dashes at the restraint ogre. 

She leaps from an ice cone to another before stabbing the monster. 

As its hands are free, she are forced to continuously dodge them. 

She manages to inflict numerous wounds in its body and hands. 

As she slashes its face, its large palm pushes her away.

"Kyaa!!"

Clementine is pushed several meters and crushes to the ground. 

They pick her up. 

"She is alive."

Clementine is holding her body, writhing in pain. 

When she is about to stride, Hiro hugs her from behind with his larger body.

"It is enough."

She just let herself leaning on him.

"It seems to be severely wounded but still as string as ever." Stanley Barclay is complaining but he is now at the most front with Dennet. 

As the ogre destroys the cone, another ice cones attack it. 

"Please figure out something. Even I can run out of magic if this continues." Selene yells.

A barrage of arrows rain on it but it deflects them with its hands. 

Gheyna voices up her complaint, "At this range, our arrows won't pierce its body."

"No. Don't come nearer." Hiro's male followers who at the most front forbid the Dalish from closing in.

Brita walks to the front and crouches.

"What .."

"What is that girl doing?"

The Dalish can't understand Brita's action.

Brita yells,

"Sorry. It's still in the middle of the day. Without moon, I can't draw much if my power!"

Suddenly, her nest like hair stretches as if that hair is growing until her nape.

Her first is covered by fur.

Again, the Dalish are dumbstruck.

"She transform?"

"Sorry..This is the best I can transform." Brita laments. 

She launches herself at the ogre as it has just destroyed the ice barriers. 

The wounded ogre seems to be weakened. Its movement becomes sluggish but it still fights on par against the slightly transformed werewolf, Brita.

In fact, the ogre several times land big hit on her. As everyone starts to worry, Soraya walks closer.

She continuously shoots crystal arrows to it. 

The combination of Brita's werewolf agility and Soraya's barrage of small magical attacks starts to get better of the weakened monster.

Some of its punches land on large trees and large holes appear on nearby trees.

Mithra and Gheyna draw arrows from their quivers and bock them. Most of the Dalish men hold their bows ready to fire. Then, at the edge of Gheyna's vision, she sees her childhood friend, Cammen is quivering in fear, doing nothing.

"Gosh. What a useless man." She laments.

Brita retreats to Soraya's side and falls on her knees in exhaustion.

The ogre is remains strong and walks in long stride. 

The next moment, many arrows are flying towards it. The arrows hit its forelegs and body but its sturdy body repels them. Only Gheyna's arrows land accurately on its face and stucked on its face. It dodges before they hit its only eye.

It seems the large monster has very good reflex.

The aimed of that loosed arrows were not to kill the ogre. It was to draw their foe's attention and buy some time for Brita and Soraya to recover. 

"Inferno."

Selene's voice is heard. Dalish knows she just launches her magic attack.

A large blaze of fire appears on its body and engulfing it. 

They are then shocked to see Hiro is already jumping at the monster that is hitting air. 

He stabs a sword into its neck.

"Hiro, no... "

Brita jumps at it and punches its face to reduce its attacking strength. 

Its power is reduced but its hand still hit both Brita and Hiro.

They are crashed into the ground. 

While still being engulfed in flame, it tries to close in towards both of its attackers but Soraya slows it down with small magical attacks.

The Dalish girls are impressed by Hiro's gut as his sword is still pierced in the monster's neck.

"The monster is wounded an weakened but still looks unbeatable." Stanley says while they get to Hiro's side.

0