David The Gray Mage Chapter 7 Transfer
378 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the Ravenwing tower, David was still in a trance as he thought about the things George had just told him about Syndra, why others treated her so coldly and why he wanted him to be friends with her.

David understood that, and told George that he wouldn’t act different; even if Syndra was scorned because of her looks, after all to David Syndra’s looks weren’t hideous at all, to him she was one of the most beautiful, no, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen so why would he treat her badly?

He momentarily stopped as he thought about this, not able to bear it as he slapped himself feeling the stinging pain of his cheek getting slapped, but not able to distract him from the despise he felt for himself.

-(You’re scum David! How could you think of her like that! She also just a person, the fact that you treat her well because she is beautiful to you is no different from how everyone else treats her because she is hideous to them, how much of a hypocrite can you get, if Syndra truly knew what you were thinking do you think she would be happy?)

David became extremely critical of himself as he harshly reprimanded himself for being just vain as those other people on the street and that waiter in that eatery, honestly it was a bit too much since David was also still just a human and humans tend to judge others by their appearance even if they don’t think that, the true reason why David was so harsh on himself was because he knew how it felt to be isolated, shunned and not liked by others, while David never had to go through what Syndra did because of her appearance he sympathized with her struggle to fit in as he too never once was able to do the same because of his soft and weak character, he got better now in this life but still now enough to really call himself a changed man.

David truly wanted to help Syndra, but if the only reason he wanted to help her was because she was attractive to him then he may as well not help her at all as he felt too much despise for himself to do it.

David wanted to sigh, never did he think that simply arriving in the academy would force him into such confrontation of his character, but at that moment David decided he would need to think more and ruminate over this issue before he came to clear answer, again, David didn’t come here to play, he came to study, studying was the priority, caring for others was good but David also needed to think for himself.

-Are you a new student? Ah! Are you perhaps David from Murrtail Village? Professor George had just now told me about you please follow me!

Standing in front of the receptionist, David found himself in front of a nicely clothed clean boy his age with a gentle smile, David silently nodded before following him, still not knowing where they were going exactly as they headed towards a corridor on the southern side of the tower within.

On a side note, the insides of the tower were completely different from how it looked outside, for some reason the insides were far more spacious then they should be and the corridor they were walking was long too something that should been impossible with the way the towers size and the way it was constructed, David wonder if this was also an application of magic and most likely he was right.

Other than the interior space, the insides were decorated quite the minimalist style with smooth stone floors, white ceilings a few pieces of furniture and the odd plant placed within certain parameters of each other.

Seeing this David remembers from his one and only book about magic that it described Wizards or most magic users to be people who value practicality over looks, while not everyone was like that, for over centuries the core philosophies of Wizards who pursuit knowledge and truth was that they desired to spend less to accomplish more, not in a sense that they wanted to cheat, but instead use their knowledge more meaningfully.

There was even a quote for this…

-Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.

His mutters seem to catch the attention of the receptions who lead as he suddenly turned around smiling towards David as he looked at him with a sort of impressed manner.

-I see that you already know of some bit of Wizard culture, though not surprising as that quote was made by the one and only Archimedes one of the legendary Archwizard’s who build the foundation of wizardry! On the topic of Archimedes did you know that…

David seemed to triggered something within the young receptionist as he for some odd reason started to tell David about everything involving the great Archimedes, it was clear that the receptionist was quite the fan of the legendary Archwizard, but it was unfortunate that David simply wasn’t in the mood to listen, still he didn’t want to be rude and tried to listen shooting off his own couple questions as they finally arrived within a big room with a huge magic circle on it that David familiar with as a similar one was illustrated in his book, the one he knew of had the function of gathering mana and making it his own, but this one was completely different which meant it had a different purpose.

-Ah! We arrived, almost forgot about why I was leading you here, sorry for talking on for so much, I hope I didn’t bore you to death! But anyways we are here, this is a teleportation circle, using this you will be transported to the academy, so if you would just stand inside of there…

The receptionist lightly pushed David into the circle, David felt iffy about it even a bit nervous as he turned around asking.

-Is this Dangerous? And when you said it will send me to the academy you mean this here isn’t the academy?

-Dangerous? Don’t be silly other then there being a 0.000000001 percent chance of you being stuck inside a infinite astral plane or only getting half of your body transported there is nothing dangerous about the circle! And in regards to the Academy for the sake of security and guarding our secrets the higher ups decided to put the Academy in a place only available through teleportation, don’t worry at weekends you are allowed to leave the school grounds and come back here and have fun in the city, and now without a further ado, study well young apprentice!

-Wait!

Before he could even say his objections, the circle underneath David shone with blue light blinding David as he stood within.

The next moment he felt himself being throwing into a long winding tunnel while his body distorted into all kinds of shapes and forms, the next him he opened his eyes he found himself in a room identical to the one he was in before, but this time someone completely else stood before him, a woman holding what looked like a paper bag as she held it towards him.

-Here, this will make you feel better.

Not one to say no to help, David quickly took the paper bag and unceremoniously puked his guts out inside while kneeling down, his head was beyond dizzy and his heart beat like a drum as he still felt the after effects of the transfer shaking through his body.

It took David 5 minutes to finally stabilize sufficiently for him to stand, the woman who was looking over him looked quite impressed as she remarked.

-Oh, it usually takes new students 30 to an hour to get used to the sensation of dimensional jump, the fact that you recovered in less then 5 minutes shows that you have both potential and also a bit training.

Her praised was followed by a slap to the back as she smiled at him, the slap was particularly strong and made David want to throw up again, but other then bile there was nothing in his stomach and he rather not throw up more than he had to.

-Where am I?

David finally managed to ask, noticing his baggage beside him as he took it and stood shakily.

-Heh? Didn’t Markus the receptionist not tell you? Welcome to the Ravenwing Academy!

She said, pointing with her thump towards the exit as bright light flashed into the room and slowly dimmed revealing the outside world as thousands of stars littered the sky, there was a wide open plaza right on the outside with numerous buildings with the biggest building having the Ravenwing insignia on it.

David marveled as he looked outside, unconsciously walking forward as he finally arrived to the academy.

Where David would finally start his life as a wizard.

========================================

If you want to read more, over 10 chapters of this series is on my site https://kakemonoko.wordpress.com/ please check it out if you like.

8