David The Gray Mage Chapter 13 Plans
310 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Master Tobias x2

Immediately the moment the Tobias the owl finished speaking the two professors stood up from their seats and gave him a respectful bow, everyone else quickly did the same to the feathery dorm manager, David too wanted to bow but since Tobias was sitting on his shoulder he couldn’t move without disturbing him which is why he simply gave the gave the owl a polite nod which seemed to be acceptable.

After the formalities everyone immediately went back to their normal state, expecting the owl to say something they all were quiet, Tobias the owl waited for everyone to sit down before he finally started his part, swiftly jumping off David’s shoulder before landing on the dining table at the center of everyone.

Observing the owl, David couldn’t help but think that Tobias was gorgeous, his white feathers had a beautiful luster underneath the sunlight coupled with his big eyes which spoke of untold wisdom made Tobias into a incredible sight to behold, he wondered for a moment what exactly creatures like Tobias and George were, but that thought only lasted for a few seconds before Tobias started speaking.

-Ahem, first of all, good morning everyone, I hope you rested well and I hope you’re ready as within a week from now on the academy will finally start its new semester, this year we have 2 students in the second year and 3 freshmen who will for the first time begin their real studies, I hope that the seniors in this dorm will properly guide their juniors and in regards to the teachers there is not much to say other then I hope you teach these children well, this about sums up the official stuff…now lets get to the main topic for today.

Suddenly, all of the eyes within the room turned towards David the moment Tobias uttered those last words, David could tell what was coming next as Tobias had said they would talk about this today when everyone was gathered, he didn’t know yet what they would discuss exactly, but he had a suspicion that it had likely to do with the fact why he was in this dorm.

And he was right as Tobias immediately started the topic with that.

-As you all know by now as informed by your teachers, from today on Sir David here will start living with us inside our splendid little dorm, he is our newest addition and while he may be a commoner he is also someone of immense potential as judged by our headmistress who gave Sir David a full scholarship to our school, I am convinced that Sir David will reach greatness one day, because of this I hope that you all will be supportive of him and help him whenever you can, with that out of the way, I should now start to explain why it is that Sir David came to be living here, this is likely what has been on everyone’s mind is it not so?

There was a brief silence after this as everyone looked at each other, I too didn’t know what to think really, Valentia had already explained to David briefly that this dorm had been built by the academy to send all the people they deemed troublesome so as to prevent future problems.

How this prevented problems wasn’t something David really understand as this dorm more then anything seemed to serve to isolate individuals more then anything else, why they were here to be isolated was another thing he didn’t understand, Tobias explained it was complicated, the political climate of the academy wasn’t stable, and from what David remembers from the conversation yesterday a board of nobles seemed to be in a direct opposition against the headmistress of the academy which he understood from Valentia who gave such a sharp remark.

Ultimately the one who came to say what was on everyone’s mind was Cassandra the female knight.

-Quite honestly, yes, I can’t imagine why someone like David who doesn’t seem to have any connection to the academy would immediately be sent to live in this dorm, we all have our reasons to be here and we all basically accepted that, but I feel that its unfair for someone innocent as David to be involved in the political crossfire of the academy, honestly I didn’t think it would be so bad that unrelated parties like David would be involved, so finally, what is the reason?

Eyes focused on the owl, Tobias again cleared his throat before speaking up, a bit regret present in his voice as he spoke to everyone.

-I understand your concern and displeasure against the actions the academy has taken, I won’t say anything to justify their actions as the academy today clearly isn’t the one that had been in past, again I will say that the current headmistress is doing her all to revert back to our old ways, but as everyone knows it an uphill battle from here…and as for the reason, the board of directors of the academy decided that because of David’s common birth he won’t be allowed to live with the students of high birth…

-That’s bullshit!

The one who said that with a clearly pissed of tone was Valentia, she clearly had a lot of discontentment with these board of directors as displeasure was clear on her face, everyone else in the room didn’t seem to be fazed by girls sudden outburst and Tobias too seemed to be used to it as he merely gave a sigh, no one seemed to be keen on stopping Valentia either as she started to go on a rant.

-Everyone knows that those pigs are only doing this to spite the headmistress and shake her position, since when did the academy ever consider birth to be a qualification of where a person would stay, its already ridiculous that we have to stay here and do what we’re told by them, much more so David who is involved in this because the headmistress gave him a pass!

The others while not saying anything seemed to agree with Valentia as they looked just displeased, David who was still quiet the entire time and just listening finally felt like he should say something as he turned towards Tobias.

-I think I understand now slightly what is going, honestly I didn’t expect to be immediately put In such a situation as soon as I came, but then again I’m not going to complain, after all if it wasn’t for the headmistress who gave me the chance to study here I would have never come in the first place, becoming a wizard is a dream many people dream of and I am not going to waste it, so don’t worry about me mister Tobias, I don’t really mind staying here and to be honest I already like everyone here, just by talking to them I can tell they are all very nice people.

-…!?

Hearing David suddenly say something like that, got everyone clearly stunned as they didn’t expect for him to already have such a positive opinion of them, his words didn’t sound fake either as he always used the same sincere tone whenever he spoke giving others a very a good impression of him.

Tobias especially was that said this in front of everyone, Tobias to a certain extend already understood David’s personality, in fact he used it to his advantage in this meeting hoping he could calm these ladies with his calming aura and it worked perfectly, and while it wasn’t nice to use someone like that the owl was a firm believer of white lies as he only cared about whether or not others were happy, even if it was through dishonest means.

And then finally with those heavy topics out of the way, the dining room quickly returned to a tranquil state, Tobias took advantage of this period of tranquility to quickly put another word in as he raised his beak.

-Now that we finished with the talk, there is only one last thing I want to announce, as we only have a single week left until the new semester starts, I figured that everyone here should help David get familiar with the academy and its campus, plus since he is the only person who everyone doesn’t know about anything yet I also figured that you all should take turns showing David around to better your relationship! For this I made a small little plan I thought of in-between my shifts…now where did I place it?

Saying such things the owl suddenly started to rummage through its feathers inside its wings, not understanding what it was doing David watched the owl intently before Tobias pulled out a small square folded piece of paper from within his wing, that piece of folded paper quickly unfurled itself until it became a huge scheduling plan for every day of the week, what was magical here was the fact that it unfurled by itself and that there were no creases on the paper when it unfurled, in either case under each day there was a name underlined to indicate whose plans it was that day, and from what David could see the plan clearly started today with the first name being Syndra!

-You call this a small plan?

Vanessa remarked, clearly making Tobias a bit embarrassed as he chose to ignore that remark before showing everyone the plan, David was slightly overwhelmed by this, on top of that he was also a bit uncomfortable about everyone helping him out like this since he didn’t want bother anyone, it was nice for Tobias to think of like this, but on another hand it seemed a bit too extra to David though he didn’t dare say that as he simply tried to think of a way to stop this.

And while he was thinking that, everyone else on the other hand seemed to be thinking about completely different things, some of their eyes alighted the moment they saw the plan while others looked to be very interested, regardless of what everyone thought, they all had the same idea at that moment which was…

The perfect opportunity to get to know David.

Being the only male in the dorm, and also a extremely handsome one at that, obviously everyone had some interest towards David the moment they saw him, it was only after really seeing him talk and act that they noticed that he wasn’t repelled by them, he even gave the initiative to touch two of the girls with a simple handshake something neither of the girls had ever thought possible with the opposite gender demonstrated that David was simply different from the other guys.

The few who knew about this special aspect of David which were only Valentia, Syndra and Vanessa already had plans working in their heads on how get closer to David.

At this very instant the dining room became a room of mass gear shifting, Tobias was immediately satisfied with what he saw feeling the fresh breeze of spring coming his way.

-Any objections? If you already have plans, please speak up!

-None x6

The spoke in unison, momentarily making David’s mind go blank as once again events he had no control over were decided without his input, he felt a bit pushed around, but then again they merely had pure intentions which is why he let it pass.

Unbeknownst to David those pure intentions weren’t nearly as pure as he had imagined, woman after all were far more prone to scheme then any other animal especially when it came to a mate.

========================================

If you want to read more, over 10 chapters of this series is on my site https://kakemonoko.wordpress.com/ please check it out if you like.

7