David The Gray Mage Chapter 16 Daring Display
360 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Breakfast ended pretty quickly after the excitement died down, the others were still a bit dazed by what they had just witnessed and had a lot to think about, the two professors in particular were planning on giving the headmistress a visit and have a little talk about David, while what the other girls would do was as of yet a mystery.

Valentia to tag along with David and Syndra, but Cassandra dissuaded her and anyone else for that matter as everyone would have time with David this regardless, rather than building a relationship as a group she recommended that everyone should first build a relationship as a individual with David before making that step so David would me more comfortable in the future, this was likely Tobia’s intention all along, Cassandra merely followed the idea convincing everyone.

Now having finished their meal both Syndra and David stood up, the rest of the group had all already gone to do their own thing, everyone before leaving gave David a few glances, but he didn’t notice that as his head was too occupied with something else at the moment.

-Alright…since we finished breakfast, do you want me to guide you around the academy?

-Oh! Please!

David replied, being extremely excited as he wanted to visit the library ever since he heard about it from Syndra, his goal was to finally acquire some more knowledge about magic, even though he didn’t have enough points for advanced knowledge, it wasn’t what he particularly wanted or needed that as David instead was keenly lacking in regards to common knowledge amongst wizards, the basics of the basics so to say, and while Syndra assured him that he didn’t need to know those things at the beginning as everyone would start from 0 zero just like him, he still wanted to use his time to study up before getting to the actual classes so he would at least be prepared regardless, Olga and Hyura for example were just like him freshmen, but they clearly knew about magic theory much better and more extensively then him even though they never used magic before which was different from what Syndra had told him.

Syndra explained that as well, telling David that Olga and Hyura were special cases, Olga was actually just a apprentice apothecary at one point, but through one incident where she was required to make a semi-magical concoction Olga succeeded and showed the people in her area how truly gifted she was in making brews, obviously Olga couldn’t make real potions as that would require magical abilities, but Olga was steadfast and continued proving herself as a young genius until one day the officials of the southern alliance got wind of her and made her undergo the magic test to see if she possessed any talent in magic.

As it turned out Olga did indeed possess talent and not ordinary talent either, she had a extremely high Nature affinity plus a 4 star rating on her soul making her a excellent candidate to become a potioneer as her apothecary background gave her a perfect start, and with her abilities proven without a shadow of a doubt, Olga was quickly send to the Ravenwing academy by the southern alliance’s recommendation as they hoped to grow a powerful potioneer for their alliance.

Of course not everything could go as planned, in particular when it concerned the board of directors or the board of nobles which how the girls liked to sarcastically call them, one of those nobles seemed to have something against the southern alliance, because of such grudge they made things difficult for Olga by immediately making her live in the “dorm” for troublemakers, giving the excuse that Olga posed a serious danger to her students because of her frequent experiments she made back at home when she brewed concoctions which usually ended up in all sorts of hazards ranging from, explosions and fire to poison gas and horrible smells, this excuse was enough to put her In the “dorm”.

Even though Olga always put safety first and never did her experiments with people nearby, Olga had yet to cause a single incident involving her experiments as she always did them in controlled environments where she could do whatever she wanted.

And in regards to her extensive magical knowledge, obviously the southern alliance gave Olga the best education they could muster before they send her off coupled with her natural studious nature she learned very quickly.

Hyura on the other hand was a noble of the Iron Blood alliance, it wasn’t rare for nobles to be educated in magic before being send to the academy, but as current trends went, nobility usually always began their studies in magic in an educational facility like the academy which is why most nobles before coming here weren’t well educated in the arcane as most nobles usually didn’t become wizards or were expected to as it all depended on innate talent whether or not you could or couldn’t become a wizard.

This innate talent once again was revealed through a process known as the magic test where your affinity and soul would be graded, a magic test could only be undergone once the person turned 14 right before the time they came of age as this too was considered magic and something that could harm the users soul, but since it was a extreme minimal amount of magic doing it at 14 was considered fine.

Hearing those things David once again could hear a lot of buzz words like magic test, potioneering, affinity and soul star rating.

David really wanted to know those things in detail, and asking Syndra would have probably been fine, but David started to think that maybe he was beginning to rely on Syndra too much at this point, he previous did have such thoughts which is why this didn’t come out of nowhere, besides David had time, he didn’t need to know everything right away, he had an entire week to learn the basics and it wasn’t as if Syndra was the only person who would help him, the others were very nice as well from the way they all agreed to become David’s guide.

Syndra on the other hand didn’t think like that, the entire time she was fully expecting David to ask one question after another just like when they sat in the restaurant, but to her disappointment David wasn’t doing that and instead just listened to Syndra as she showed him around, he would occasionally say something or ask minor questions to keep a conversation going, but overall he didn’t ask anything major which made her feel as if David didn’t have anything to say to her making her feel insecure as her ultimate goal was to become intimate with David.

Both David and Syndra had their own thoughts at the moment as they had their own hesitations, the atmosphere between them wasn’t bad but it wasn’t good either, luckily it didn’t last long as they quickly arrived at the academy library.

-Hey…look at him! He’s so handsome!

-You ain’t kidding?! Who is he why didn’t I hear of him? And is that the swamp monster next to him!?

-Shh, don’t say that out loud you idiot! What if she hears you! Don’t think just because she is passive that she won’t actually do anything to you for calling you that, out of all of those people in the monster dorm she is the most dangerous in my opinion, Hyura can send you to the infirmary, but Syndra’s mother is a Archduke and the current general of the army, no matter what happens if you offend her things won’t just end with you getting in the infirmary.

-Right, and in regards to that handsome guy, I think he is the guy from the rumors, the commoner who is said to possess devilishs looks? He fits the bill perfectly!

-True, yesterday I also heard that he was going to live in that monster dorm with the other monsters because of his common heritage, I already feel pity for the poor guy, who knows what those monsters will do to him…you know if the male dorm really won’t have him why don’t we ask the staff to switch him into our dorm, if he is allowed to live in a den full of female monsters why not then live with us?

-Oh you wish! And don’t give me that excuse Hilda, I can see your perverted thoughts from a mile away!

Such whispers went around the moment people saw Syndra and David walk side by side towards the academy library, Syndra was extremely worried about those whispers and felt awkward whenever they were mentioned, it was exactly this which she was worried about the entire time when they were sitting back then inside the restaurant, rumors like these would be endless and while Syndra didn’t mind as she got used to them, she didn’t know about David as he was still new here, after all nobody liked to be associated with what was considered negative.

David obviously also heard those whispers and saw how reclusive Syndra had suddenly gotten, her hands were crossed and her head was down as a chilly air surrounded her, her face was hidden by her long hair, David had already seen Syndra act like that back in the restaurant, he couldn’t back then as he didn’t understand much of the situation, but it was different, this mindless enmity made David feel disgusted, and while he didn’t want to treat Syndra differently just because her looks which he found attractive he also didn’t want others to talk about her like that, David do anything to others, but this time he could show them.

-Syndra lets hurry up! I want to see the library quickly!

David said, coming closer to Syndra as he suddenly grabbed her arm and wrapped it with his, his sudden action surprised not only Syndra but everyone else as well, Syndra in particular got red immediately all the way down her neck as David sudden touch came out of nowhere, on top of that it was so intimate as she had only seen a person touch someone like this when both individuals were extremely close to one another, Syndra never imagined that she would be one day on the receiving end of such treatment and honestly she felt extremely good too, the close proximity she was to David let her smell and feel his direct body heat, on top of that her arm was close to his body letting her feel all kinds of shapes through his shirt which were very manly turning her imagination wild.

But all of that couldn’t compare to David’s smile who was smiling just at her, that smile was the reason that made Syndra forget everyone around them and finally relax, she again felt reassured within David’s presence and her feelings only grew stronger through it as well.

Everyone else who was seeing this on the other hand didn’t share the same thought, rather to them watching someone as handsome as David wrap his arm around a swamp monster like Syndra made them feel as if they swallowed a bug, to them it was truly putting a rose on top of cow dung, but at the same time they could also tell that David wasn’t doing this because he was forced or anything, his genuine smile and sincere voice was unmistakable which forced everyone shut up as they could no longer whisper after witnessing that.

David himself, he was embarrassed obviously, he never was this close to a girl before, on top of that grabbing a girl as busty as Syndra the he was doing it inevitably allowed him to feel something incredibly soft by his arm, the softness rivaled that of Vanessa’s but it was also very different too as if they both had their own flavors that he couldn’t pin point.

David didn’t know what Syndra thought of his action, but looking at her he could tell she didn’t dislike it which he was glad about, in either case he simply wanted to use this action as a show to everyone that he wasn’t forced into anything and that he was close to Syndra, he also wanted to get away as quickly as possible dragging Syndra as they sped up their walk finally entering the academy library which was arguably the biggest building within the academy grounds and also the most lavish even for wizard minimalist standards.

========================================

If you want to read more, over 10 chapters of this series is on my site https://kakemonoko.wordpress.com/ please check it out if you like.

9