David The Gray Mage Chapter 25 Suspicion
1.1k 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-(cough cough)

David coughed heavily as dust entered his lungs caused by the explosion, his ears were still ringing from the loud explosion that happened right beside him but overall David felt fine as it didn’t seem like he was missing anything.

-Young man are you okay?

-Yes professor, (cough) I am fine how about you?

-Could be better to be honest, luckily my magnificent moustache is still intake so everything is fine!

The professor joked, making David smile for a second before he looked around, the shield spell the professor cast was still active at this moment, but soon enough it too dissolved into the ether, David actually wanted to see how everyone else was doing and whether or not they were safe but unfortunately things were too difficult to make out as the dust still hadn’t settled yet, professor Anton knew this as well which gave him an idea as he turned towards David.

-Young man, I think you need to leave now, the other professors will soon come and start questioning what happened here, and you don’t want to be here when that occurs, do not worry I will talk them while you will immediately go back to your dorm, Lady Vanessa and Lady Cassandra should be there by the time you get to the dorm, quick use the dust curtain to make your escape I can only give you so much time, oh! And I almost forgot! This is yours, you are after all the clear victor of this little test.

The professor said, pulling out the same golden key out of his chest pocket as he quickly gave it to David before urging him to run back to his dorm, David didn’t understand why he really needed to run, he was honestly still a bit disoriented, but he decided that since professor Anton was nice it couldn’t be anything bad so he didn’t question it too much before running towards the direction the professor told him to quickly disappearing as David popped out on the other side of the dust cloud from the opposite side of where the other professors/teachers were becoming unseen.

All this while, professor Anton made sure that David really ran away and as soon as he did he used his magic to contact Syndra telling her that David was fine and where he currently was.

Syndra in turn who was worried to death and wanted nothing more than to charge into the dust cloud to find David immediately stopped as soon as she received the professor’s message, Syndra was delighted the moment she heard of David’s well-being and knowing where he was and where he was headed to she didn’t even hesitate before telling what she knew to the other two who quickly followed Syndra as they all ran towards where David was.

Meanwhile the dust cloud quickly started to fall, David had already put a good distance between him and the dust cloud as he disappeared between a few buildings, in the end only the professor stood near the explosion site watching as all the other staff were approaching him.

Already professor Anton could feel a headache incoming from having to explain all of this, the small crater near him caused by the explosion didn’t help his case either, he knew that what happened today was partially caused by his own negligence and underestimation of the student’s ability, him putting student’s into danger would likely put him into a very difficult situation but he had no choice but to swallow it.

The only saving grace he could think of at the moment was that at least he succeeded in making David escape, the professor was still a bit shaken when he thought about David’s potential, and most importantly the amount of Mana he possessed.

Just thinking about what could have caused something like this made the professor sigh as he looked into the sky.

-The world is changing fast, can we humans adapt to it is the question.

He wondered all of a sudden feeling very old even though he was usually very energetic for his age.

Switching back to David.

David was already out of the scene before the dust cloud settled, he ran with all his strength searching for the path back to his dorm, he didn’t know yet whether or not someone was chasing him as he didn’t bother checking, but he didn’t need to as David was instantly rammed the moment he turned a corner falling to the ground.

For a moment David thought that he was caught, but the moment he felt two soft and bountiful mounds of flesh pressing down on him and the familiar smell of lavender he knew who had just pressed him to the ground.

-Syndra?

-David!

Syndra shouted out, the corner of her eyes slightly red and even a bit misty as she looked at David as if she couldn’t be even more thankful then she already was.

David didn’t know how to react to such a Syndra, he was still clueless regarding their odd relationship, but at least David understood that Syndra really cared about him which is why David wasn’t opposed to Syndra, he patted her head even while putting one hand on her waist to calm her as they laid on the cold ground.

-Hi, it’s okay I’m fine.

David reassured Syndra, as she checked his every nook and cranny for any type of injuries he may have sustained, luckily there were no such injuries other than a few bruises he got from Syndra ramming him into the ground just now.

David still wondered how Syndra had found him that quickly, he was sure that no one saw him escape, but maybe he was wrong?

-Ahem…while I don’t want to interrupt whatever it is you two are doing, I think we really need to leave before someone finds us.

Getting suddenly interrupted by his thought, David only now noticed that it wasn’t only Syndra who was here, behind here he could see Olga and Valentia staring at them on the ground with a clear blush on their faces while their legs awkwardly rubbed against each other, David too realized why they reacted this way as Syndra’s and his position wasn’t the most moderate thing to witness especially with how David had positioned his hands which looked very much indecent as his hand was very close to Syndra’s buttocks.

As if her invisible tail was being stepped on, Syndra too only now started to get back to her senses as she immediately jumped away from David in embarrassment, she had very much lost her head because she was worried for David, but now that she knew that he was fine her mind quickly cooled to the point she noticed everyone else that was present.

-D-David seems to be fine! I Checked his body to make sure!

She even gave an excuse making both Valentia and Olga look at her with doubtful gazes, it didn’t help that Olga already knew what was really going on here, while Valentia started to make her own conclusions as she couldn’t help but think that the behavior of her rival was very odd.

Trying to ignore their gazes, Syndra swiftly came back to David as she helped him get up, while she was doing that she felt that she needed to tell David the truth causing her to whisper to David as she said.

-Olga, she knows…

-What?!

Syndra’s words were a bit shocking to him, it hadn’t even been a day since he had done it with Syndra and already someone figured it out somehow?

How could this be?!

His mind was in chaos, but he quickly tried to put things into order as he forcefully pushed those thoughts out of the way.

At the same time Valentia judged that they couldn’t continue dawdle like this, she knew that they had to quickly leave already as the staff could be here at any moment.

-Anyways, let’s go already, we talk once we get back to our dorm.

Everyone agreed to this, Valentia led the way while Syndra followed closely behind her, she originally wanted to stay near David, but David told her that maybe she shouldn’t be so obvious with her behavior in regards to him which made her a little sad. But also understanding as she was really uncontrollable lately.

David in turn took this opportunity to get closer to Olga, he lightly tapped her shoulder to get her attention which he did before whispering to her.

-Syndra told me about what you knew…can we talk about this tonight?

His sudden proposal seemed to have shaken Olga as she didn’t expect Syndra to tell David, this entire time Olga only really wanted to talk to Syndra as she didn’t feel ready to confront David with it, but now that he knew, things had elevated to a point she absolutely didn’t expect whatsoever or could guess the outcome of.

On the other side, Valentia noticed Olga’s and David’s small interaction, her suspicion only grew more as they finally made it back to their dorm.

========================================

If you want to read more, over 10 chapters of this series is on mysite https://kakemonoko.wordpress.com/ please check it out if you like

4