Chapter 01 – Back to The Past (~)
11.5k 37 159
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Editor: Tgx
Special thanks to Tgx who edited this chapter.

[Kusanagi City - Tuesday 10 April 2018 08:40]

[Nekomiya Residence]

Clouds scattered in the morning sky above Kusanagi City indicating that it would rain soon.

A young girl was squirming in her bunk bed, hugging her favorite alpaca plushies, sleeping comfortably. There was no school today because it was the anniversary of the founding of Kusanagi City.

As such, no one woke her up, and she was allowed to stay in her bed, comfortably.

However, that comfort was suddenly disturbed.

SFX: *Kaboom!!*

"UGYAAAAA!!"

SFX: *bam*

The girl fell gracefully from her bed, fortunately she occupied the bottom bunk so nothing serious happened. She rubbed her head with tears in her eyes. 

"Ouch... my head hurts..."

Her peaceful sleep was disturbed by the sudden thunder, causing her to fall over from her bed. Her body was hurt all over from the fall, so now her mood was at the worst.

She couldn't help but grumble in her mind.

'Damned weather, can’t you see I am tired after all those overtime hours. All I wanted is a good long sleep...
Oh well, let’s sleep again.'

Before the girl reached her bed once more, she heard a shout from outside the room.

"Rimu, what's wrong? That was such a huge noise."

"Mom!?"

The girl, Nekomiya Rimu, was suddenly woken up from her daze.

'Why is Mom here? I should be living alone in a cheap apartment in Tokyo...'

But that familiar voice, she wouldn't wrongly recognize her own mother's voice.

She thought she was still inside her dream, but soon later, she found out something was not right.

'Hmmm? Who spoke in such a cute voice?
And my hand, why is it so small, like a child's hand?'

Rimu touched her face flurriedly. It was a small face with a very smooth skin, not her usual face filled with acne. Her sleepiness immediately went away when she realized that this was not a dream.

She then checked the room.

'This double bed is... mine and Riku's bed from when we were little! ‘

WHAT THE  !!???

'Did I go back in time? Where is the calendar?'

Rimu searched the room and found the wall calendar hanging next to the door. She gasped after she looked at the year.

"2018!!"

'I went back 15 years, this means that I’m currently 10 years old, still in 5th grade of elementary school! Unbelievable!'

She suppressed her excitement and organized all the information until now.

Nekomiya Rimu was born in Kusanagi City as the younger twin in 2008, attended Kusanagi Elementary School, advanced with the escalator system to Kusanagi Junior High School, and then Kusanagi Senior High School. Later on, she graduated from the school with average grades.

After that, she applied to an average university, studied at the Literature Faculty and majored in English Literature, became a Bachelor degree undergraduate with minimum requirements and then worked at an average company...

...as a game character designer for eroge games.

Sometimes life doesn’t go as one expects. Man proposes, God disposes1 Human beings can make any plans they want, but it's God that decides their success or failure. . This is one of the examples of that idiom. An English Literature major undergraduate turned into a game character designer at a rundown eroge game company.

The last memory she has is that she returned to her apartment after working overtime, having a simple dinner, brushing her teeth, and falling asleep. And then she woke up to find out the year was 2018, 15 years ago.

Everything happened without warning, she was sure that she had not experienced any death event or anything before she "returned to the past".

There was no fire burning in her apartment.
There was no poison in her food.
There was no truck-sama.

Rimu sighed and opened her eyes. Everything has already happened, there is no use mulling over it. Instead, she was interested in her current situation.

Her eyes sparkled with excitement.

'This is like second chance. Like in those web novels, isn't it? Then, did I get a cheat?’

She has read all kinds of Mary Sue and stallion novels2Mary Sue novels where FLs are naive, goody-two-shoes, soft, optimistic and those things, ya know…
Stallion novels where ML are OP as hell and has his harem…
in her free time, especially novels with the theme of "reincarnation" and "turning back time".

The protagonists of those novels usually gifted with one or few golden fingers3cheats that can turn their life into easy-mode.

With that thought in mind, Rimu checked herself if she really got something like that.

"System!" ... No response.

"Status!" ... Silent.

"... Status open! ... Menu open! ... System open! ... Inspect status!"

Rimu started to become tired.

‘What happened, where is the promised cheat?’

"System call: Generate Luminous Element, Form Element: Bird Shape, Fly Straight, Discharge!"4 Sword Art Online - Sacred Arts

... Nothing happened.

"SYIIIIIIITT!!!!"

Rimu boiled with rage.

159