Chapter 48 – NYAN!
3.2k 9 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the second floor of the cat cafe, Satsuki poured out all of her complaints to Kayoko.

About this month household money which decreases from before, her husband bad habit like snore at the night, scandal of her relative, and lastly was the change of her son behavior.

Kayoko unavoidably have to listen to her ramblings whether she want it or not. She already got used to Satsuki's bucket mouth1blabbermouth ever since their junior high-school era. Almost no secret is safe if it is in her hands.

'That was your family's kitchen secrets you're blabbering on. Are you sure it's fine to mention it to outsiders like this?'

Perhaps Satsuki did not realize it, but her conduct is the same as exposing her family's naked and shameful videos to the public!

Fortunately, there are no customers on the second floor. They are busy playing with cats downstairs so no one except Kayoko listened to the  Mimasaka's dark scandals.

Kayoko could only offer sincere condolences for Mimasaka's household. Their fate was sealed the moment Satsuki entered their family.

"...And so, my son is currently shut himself out in his room. No matter how much we talk to him, he just keep silent and won't say anything.  I was helpless and don't know what to do... What do you think, Kayo-chan?" Satsuki sighed.

"Hmm... From my view, he probably failed at something and that failure damaged his confidence." Kayoko answered.

"Then, what should I do as his mother in this case?" Satsuki impatiently asked. There was hope in her eyes.

Since Kayoko said that, perhaps she had a solution from the problem she currently faced. As expected, asking for advice to Kayoko is the correct choice!

However, Kayoko's next words stuns her greatly.

"Do nothing... Just let the time fix everything." Said Kayoko calmly.

"What? How could you say something so irresponsible?"

"If your son is not talking about it, then that means he didn't want you or anyone to interfere. He is a boy, so it's not strange that he has his own pride." Kayoko sip her tea before continues. "Your interference is only counter-productive."

'Especially if his mother had a bucket mouth... If he had talked to you, then the next day he will become a gossip material in the neighborhood, won't he?'

Or so Kayoko want to say, but decided not to and just keep it inside her heart.

Satsuki fell silent as she took what Kayoko said to her mind. Just as she pondered in her mind, Kana walked in carrying two glasses of parfaits.

"Your order, two Angel Parfaits has arrived, nyan~" Kana says with a smile as she put the 2 parfaits on the table.

"Ah, thank you Kana-chan... But, is it just me or is there only you working now?" Satsuki couldn't help but notice.

"That, all the part-timer maids except her are already in their 3rd grade, so they resigned to focus on their studies... Haah, so the only left is just her and that good-for-nothing Kappa..." Kayoko answered in Kana's place.

"Un... that's rather... unfortunate."

The so called Kappa is one of her students from the Karate Club, 2nd grade of senior high. His role in this cafe is to be in charge of food preparation for the customers. He got that nickname because his haircut looked like a kappa, clean on the middle, or in other words, BALD. Perhaps his baldness is already at an incurable state.

As for his real name... already erased from everyone's memories!

"But, you still remained here. That's commendable to you, Kana-chan. Without you, this cafe might be out of business." Satsuki praised.

"Ahahahaha, the pay-rate here is too good to give up..." Kana says shyly. 

In the end, everything revolves around money. With just her pitiful allowance, there is no way she can hang out with her friends and maintaining her social standing.

What will she use to pay her shopping routine if it's not money? Cabbage leaves?

Just a mere mass resignation, doesn't mean she had to follow suit.

"You forgot the NYAN!" Kayoko interjected.

"NYAN~!"

Heard Kayoko's warning, Kana instinctively shouted. She cursed her own carelessness in her mind.

'Oh, no! I hope Kayoko-sama won't cut my salary for that...'

In this cafe... No, in this city, Kayoko is the LAW

Don't mention about the owner of this cafe, even the City Governor himself is unable to go against her words. If she commands to go east, nobody dared to go west. (× Except Nekomiya family)

This was something she and the other part-timer learned while they were working here.

"However, this doesn't change the fact that this cafe is in dire straits, right? There are only 2 part-timer left, how can you manage everything with just you 522 employees, Kayoko, the owner and his wife?" Satsuki asked anxiously.

Facing Satsuki's concern, Kayoko only smiled.

She looked downstairs, focusing on a certain married couple, who came out from the back door, carrying lots of cat foods3. Instantly surrounded by the cats, the couple looked very happy when they played with them.

"No worries, I am indebted to the two of them who let me stay temporarily in this cafe. I will do what I can." Kayoko spooned one mouthful of the parfait as she talk.

"Besides, I have already called someone skilled to help. She should be here soon."

Someone skilled?

It was rare for her to give "skilled" evaluations to others. Satsuki and Kana were very interested in the person Kayoko talked about.

*CHIME*

Shortly thereafter, the front door of the cafe opened, and a woman with her umbrella shyly peeked from outside.

"Good evening...? Kayoko-senpai, I have arrived..." Sakamura Kumi nervously said.

"Oh there she is." Kayoko said as she finished her parfait.

Looking at how Kumi's timid behavior, they almost doubted Kayoko's words.

This is the said "skilled person"?

 

89