Chapter 52 – 🤘👉✋👌
3.1k 11 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rimu quietly spend the time as usual in the classroom. She also tried to asks her classmates if they have any PS2 games that she can borrow. She approached one of the group of boys and asked them.

"Hey... Daichi, Akihito, Chouji... Do you have DVD PS2 I can borrow?"1Rimu calls everyone's name except few people without any honorifics.

The trio class 5-5 troublemaker... A-kun, C-kun, and D-kun looked at each other before they replied her.

"PS2? I'm sorry Rimu-chan, I didn't have any. Hou about you, Akihito?" D-kun replied.

"Unfortunately, I don't have too." A-kun said.

On the side, C-kun interjected.

"If DVD PS4, I have a lot... If you want, I can bring them tomorrow." He then continues, "You don't have to worry, they are stand alone games and I already finished all of them."

"Ah, now that I think of it, your family is kinda rich." A-kun responded.

"Nah, the PS4 is actually my brother's. He used his part-time job money to buy it." C-kun shakes his head.

"Uh, no... Thank you Chouji... But I don't have a PS4..." Rimu politely declined.

She quickly ended the conversation and sit back in her seat.

Unfortunately, her hopes meet with disappointment. Rimu didn't continue to ask another groups anymore as she already knows the outcome.  There is no one in the class other than Kouta who owns a PS2 console. But even then, his PS2 has been exchanged with a second handed PS3 last year.

The console was considered old stuff by today's standards anyway. Its technical support has long been discontinued, and the parts are no longer manufactured. No game producers would be so idly creating a new game for this console anymore.

Other than collectors and gamer enthusiasts, people won't actively try to hold on this console. At least, none of her acquaintances she knows do. Either left it rot somewhere in the storage or might as well auction it and get a brand new latest game console.

Perhaps, if Rimu searched long enough, she could find someone who still have PS2 games. But even she did find them, then what?

It's one thing if she asks her acquaintances, but to borrow from some strangers, then that would be awkward.

"Oh well, I shouldn't be too greedy. Borrowing from Kouta is already enough for now."

In the end, she decided to just sit down obediently and wait until the lunch break.

♠♠♠

 

Few hours later, the lunch break.

The moment the bell rings, Rimu quickly prepares to leave. She then uses hand gesture to Kouta, signaling him to move.

Rimu:

Kouta:

Received the signal, he swiftly walked to the direction where Rimu pointed at ()... The class rep, Kurokawa Asahi's seat. Noticing Kouta approaching her, she immediately turned her glance. But looking at his troubled expression, she frowned.

Kouta scratching his head even though it was not itchy. His troubled expression can be seen clearly in his face.

"What's wrong, Kouta-kun? Do you need something?" Asahi asked.

"Yeah... I want to ask for early leave, for me and Rimu-chan." Kouta embarrassingly said.

Originally, Rimu signaled to him to distract or deceive the class rep, so they can sneak out smoothly. But unexpectedly for her, Kouta decided not to lie.

His reasoning was because, his hunch tell him this is won't be the last. In his thought, Rimu will definitely skip classes again in the future. So, he might as well be honest from the start and try to gain Asahi's cooperation.

"Huh, early leave again?" Asahi looked at him with incredulity.

Again.

Just a week ago, these two blatantly skip classes midway and went off somewhere. And now, they dared to skip classes again?

Asahi then looked at Rimu's seat, which is now empty. The person herself has long gone, carried both her own and Kouta's schoolbag. Her glance immediately shifted back to Kouta again.

Unaware what on Asahi's mind, Kouta cupped his hand, asking Asahi to do some favor.

"Please, make an excuse for our absences in the remaining classes." Kouta pleaded.

"This is the second time you two skipped class. What are you two doing anyway?" Asahi questioned.

"Uh... that, I'm sorry but I cannot tell." Kouta awkwardly answered. He truly didn't know what Rimu will do.

Asahi frowned from Kouta's answer.

Didn't want to tell?

What are they doing, ditching school together?

Then, she unconsciously gasped for a probability that appears on her mind.

'Don't tell me... Both Rimu-chan and Kouta-kun... They have an illicit relationship?
Oh no, this is a scandal! I must inform Nia-chan later about this!'

Asahi closed her eyes and thinking deeply in her mind. Since Rimu has already gone, then Kouta too will ultimately go even without her agreement. It's already no use trying to prevent them.

She sighed in helplessness, but ultimately agreed.

"Okay, but I'll take today's pudding share from you two for myself. You have no complain, right?"

"No problem, thanks."

Kouta nodded and he immediately left the class. Now that he obtains the class rep's cooperation, his worries went away. A pudding or two is a cheap price. Anyway, he wouldn't be able to enjoy it today.

But why, did he felt that he had forgotten something important?

♦♦♦

 

Meanwhile, 5 minutes later...

Nia who had rested well enough in the infirmary immediately returned to her class. Alas, she was one step too late. When she arrived in the class, she was greeted by the shocking news from Asahi's mouth.

"That bastard... How dare he run away!! Moreover, he and Rimu-chan...?! ???"

Asahi quietly observes Nia's reaction while savoring three cups of pudding. Somehow, the pudding's taste was better than what she had remembered before.

 

How Japanese Elementary School Lunches worked: <link>

Spoiler

[collapse]

71