Chapter 54 – Arrived at Shizuoka
2.3k 6 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Wednesday, 18 April 2018 - 12:16]

[Kusanagi City Port Station]

In the busy hour of the city, two kids wearing surgical masks walked to the station. One of them wearing a hat even though the weather is quite hot. From the school bag they are carrying, no matter how you look at it one didn't need to guess they are still elementary school kids.

Their peculiar appearance gathered few curious glance from the pedestrian. But soon, they just shrug it off and continue to do their routine. At most, they just sent a warming glance to the two kids while worrying about their future.

There is no shortage of 'cultured' people in Japan.

Lolita, Gyaru, Harajuku, Bosozoku, Razoku...

Which one haven't seen these kinds of people roaming in the streets?
Oh, the last one is a no... They will be arrested if they dare.1Razoku is nudist, okay...?
Don't wanna to attach a link.

Comparing to that, these kids fashion sense could be considered tame.

The boy in the back quietly whispered to the 'boy wearing hat' in the front. The boy... Kouta's anxiety could be seen clearly from his voice.

"Rimu-chan... we're not gonna ride a truck again?"

Responding to Kouta's words, the 'boy wearing hat'... or Rimu only chuckled. If anyone closer enough to hear the boy's voice, they would find the boy was not really a boy, but a girl in boyish clothes.

Yes, for this trip Rimu specially changed her skirt to a short pants for more easier movement.

The training gibs that normally hidden inside her skirt also revealed, but unless one examined it very closely, it only looked like a long sock. And then her long hair was cleverly folded with a few pin and hidden inside the hat.

From just a glance, with the mask hides her mouth and nose, not to mention her pettan chest... her appearance is no different than a boy!

"Why should we? This time I didn't lack money so we can just use train instead of sneaking into stuffy truck. There are AC in the train, you know? No need to torture ourselves in this hot weather."

"Huh? But then why last time we have to ride that truck?"

"That's... That's because you joined at the last minute. I didn't know if I prepared enough money for us to round-trip the city."

Rimu quickly make an excuse. Hearing it, Kouta only nods in understanding.

 "I see... It turns out that was the reason. If you just tell me so at that time, I would've pay my share with my pocket money."

"Ah... ahahaha, is that so... That was an oversight of me."

Rimu awkwardly replied. She couldn't tell him the true reason was just because she wants to save money as much as possible. Even if he didn't joined in, her riding truck plan at that time won't change.

But now, since she had gathered quite ample fund, there is no reason to hold back anymore.

And so they walked to the station. At first, Rimu planned to pay their tickets with her PayPay balance, but this time Kouta insisted to pay with his pocket money.

"Anyway, I'll pay for the ticket! No buts!"

"O... oh..."

Seeing how resolute Kouta's will, Rimu only stood speechlessly. She couldn't understand why is he so insistent to throw his money.

The ticket money might be not much if compared to Rimu's earning in her PayPay, but it is still quite a big sum for an elementary school's pocket money. But in any case, there is no reason to reject free lunch. She let him do as he wishes.

*CLANG CLANG*

Kouta's heart bleed out when hearing the ticket machine swallowed up his ¥500.2Note: normal 5th grader elementary school kids allowance in Japan is about ¥200 per day, or about ¥1000 per week.
(currently, Rimu and Riku's allowance is double at that.)
He had actually saved his money frugally in order to buy some toys that he fancied, but it seemed that it had to be postponed. Compared to that, this is more important.

How could he let a girl pay out his expenditure, that would be uncool.

Fortunately, children only need to pay half of the fare, his loss is not that much. Kouta heaved a sigh of relief when he saw that the machine was still take out three ¥100 coins.

The train was fast, with air cooling system and comfortable seat. Occasionally, calming music is played throughout the speaker, changed every 3 or so minutes. Compared to when they had ride the cargo truck illegally last time, it was like the difference of heaven and hell.

Before they know it, the train has arrived at Shizuoka.

♦♦♦

 

*PSHHH!!*

[We have arrived at JR Shizuoka Station. Please check your belonging and ensure everything before get off the train.]

The moment the door opened, Rimu and Kouta stormed out. They walked out outside the station while avoiding the crowd. Kouta once again became fascinated with the novelty feeling. Now Kouta could understand the hero's feeling in a game he played when venturing into a new city.

But suddenly, there was a loli beside him who was insensitive to break the atmosphere.

"Shizuoka yo! I have returned!" Rimu shouted while raising her both hands.

*Whisper* *Whisper* *Whisper*

  • "What is that kid? So super-amusing!" - Gyaru 1
  • "Whose kids are they? I didn't see anyone who looked like their guardian." - Passerby 1
  • "Who knows, but it doesn't seem like they are lost kids." - Passerby 2
  • "Hey, that kid with hats is a girl, isn't she?" - Male Student 1
  • "How cute." - Female Student 1

*Whisper* *Whisper* *Whisper*

Rimu's loud voice not only make Kouta shocked silly, but also gathered curious glance from the surrounding. Facing a lot of warming eyes assaulted both of them, Kouta instantly want to find a hole to hide.

For an instant, he had the urge to walk away and pretend Rimu is a stranger. But of course, he quickly shove off that idea.

'It's already too late anyway even if I walked away...
They already branded me as a weirdo too, aren't they?'

"What are you doing, Rimu-chan? This is embarrassing." Kouta whispered nervously.

While Kouta was tense because of the attention, the source of the trouble, Rimu herself was completely cool. She just waved it off as if it was not her problem.

"You're too paranoid, Kouta. You're forgetting we have wearing a mask. People here won't even know our face anyway. All will be forgotten once we going home.

Rather than worrying about that, let's hurry up to Matsuzakaya!"

The faster they finish the shopping, the faster they go home.

Thinking about that, Kouta gritted his teeth and quietly followed Rimu.

 

71