Chapter 55 – The Birth of Dark Merchant
2.7k 7 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Retracing the steps from the last time they visit Shizuoka, Rimu and Kouta quickly arrived at Matsuzakaya. They walked to the same computer parts store where Rimu had bought her Raspberry Pi.

Without further ado, she swiftly searched the stuff and put them to the shopping cart.

'This, this, and this...'

She checked her shopping list again to confirm everything she needs to buy and proceed to the cashier.

    • 7″ LCD Screen with LCD Adapter1F8QEZPXJH0TQXLX.LARGE_.jpg
    • Small Bluetooth USB Keyboard2
    • Mini Speaker
    • 5600 mAh USB Power Bank3
    • Mini Switch4
    • 16 GB Memory Card Class 10541SEUN5epuL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    • 3.5 mm Audio Jack6

All of the stuff quickly scanned by the cashier one-by-one before he calculates the total price.

"Everything in total is ¥13900"

"Okay, I'll pay with PayPay. I should scan this QR-code, right?"

"Yes, thank you for your patronage. Do you need to send these items with postage, lady?"

"Oh... there is such thing? How much is it and how long will it arrive if I send this to Kusanagi City?"

"We use Yu-Pack for our postage service. Small packages with a size of up to 60cm for the total of length, width and height, 34cm for the long side, and 3cm for the depth, can be sent with extra charge ¥320.
Your package should be arrived in 2-3 hours if the destination is Kusanagi City."

The cashier patiently explains. As expected from a professional, he didn't even questioning why his customer is a loli in a strange getup. As long as it is a customer, then he must faithfully serve with a smile.

Rimu pondered a little bit before come into a decision, ¥320 is not that much if it can free her from trouble carrying things. Especially fragile machineries.

Who knows if the stuff she bought got damaged from her carelessness on the way to home.

If that truly happened, she won't be able to do anything even if she cries blood!

"Then, please do so."

"Confirmed."

She then proceed with the rest of the deal while Kouta only stare at her with a complicated look.

'Crap, I didn't understand anything at all...
Since when Rimu-chan could do such difficult discussion!?'

From a 5th grade elementary school, this kind of conversation might be over the top. Much less, talking about money with the sum above ¥10000. Now he felt his resolution to pay for the train ticket before was so trivial and worthless.

Even his New Year money last year didn't exceed that amount!

Since when Rimu is so wealthy?

Is her so-called part-time drawing job that profitable?

Oh no! When he is playing with toys and games, Rimu-chan is already playing with money!

A sense of crisis suddenly appeared on Kouta's mind. How could he let himself, a man to be poorer than the girl he likes?
What worth he is from Rimu's view if he is just a poor bloke?

This must not happen. His pride doesn't allow this to happen!

His mind quickly formulated a plan to make money. Relying on his laughable pocket money is not the way. Rimu-chan also did not do so either. In that case...

'Yes... I can collect money from my classmate if I wanted to.'

For example, selling and resell toys, copying homework service...
Anything can do, even those weird FFF and RRR cult in the school can become his stepping stone.

How much money he can squeeze dry from RRR with a single Riku's photo?

"Hehehe." Kouta let out an evil laugh.

At that moment, the shady evil merchant, Kouta was born!

Rimu: ???

'What the heck happened with Kouta, suddenly laugh like that?'

Looking at Kouta's creepy smile, Rimu's eyes twitched. Not only Nia, now Kouta also turned strange! 

What happened with them today?

♦♦♦

 

Ignoring Kouta sudden strangeness, Rimu walked toward another store in the mall. Now that her hand is free from shopping goods, and there still some money left in her PayPay balance, she could change her schedule.

She entered the clothing store in the opposite venue. Her eyes quickly glanced at various clothes in the store. Rimu directly ignore the brassiere section, because sadly... she didn't have one to begin with!

'Hmph, the path of loli didn't require lumps of meat!'

Not long after she walked in, a saleswoman approached her in a smile.

"Welcome to Stella boutique, what can I do for you, boy... um, lady?"

Rimu looked at the saleswoman with a thought in her mind.

This kind of saleswoman is an existence that hard to deal with. She had experience it herself in her previous life how pesky they was. They would urge you to buy their product as many as possible even though she only visit the boutique only to buy a simple panties.

And then, before you know it you will bought so many unnecessary clothes and make your wallet dry!

It's better to be direct rather than bidding time dealing with them, not allowing them to recommend any clothes. Rimu quickly asked her a certain sweater in her memory.

"I want nekomimi sweater with a detachable zipper in it's hood and sleeves. Pink colored and 1 level bigger than my size. Is there anything that fulfill those requests?"

"Oh, please wait a moment... We should have that kind of sweater here."

The receptionist seems surprised by Rimu's detailed description but she quickly adjusted her expression.

Actually, the reason why Rimu remembered about this sweater is because in her previous life, it was Nia who bought it.

It was made from synthesized fabric, lightweight but durable. Inside it have a secret container that could be inserted with heating pad or water pad. Perfect for summer or winter. Moreover, the sleeves and the hood is detachable with a zipper and can be used as a normal sleeveless shirts.

Pity at that time Rimu didn't have any interest except for her PS4.

But now, since Rimu had returned to the past, she suddenly wanted to buy it. She quietly followed the saleswoman to the sweater section. Not long after, the saleswoman found the matched sweater and shows it to Rimu.

"Is this what you're searching, Lady?"

"Yes, this is it. I want the size 1 level bigger than me. Oh, I'll take 4 pieces. Black, White, Pink, and Blue."

"Oh, one size bigger...? Is this a present for your big sister?"

"Well, that's about it."

Rimu didn't correct the saleswoman. She didn't have any big sister to begin with.

The reason why Rimu chose a bigger size is because she didn't want to repurchase another sweater in the future. Rather than buying exactly her size and discard it when she outgrown them, might buy a size bigger and make it lasting for a long time!

'If I consider my height in previous life, this sweater can last at least for 5 years before I replace it with bigger size.'

Four sweater costs her another ¥1600. She immediately finishes the rest of the deal. Now, there is no more she wanted to buy. Done with all the shopping, she dragged Kouta out from the store.

"Let's go, Kouta. We haven't had a lunch, have we?" Rimu's mood was bright as she pulled Kouta.

"Ou... okay... Is this really everything?" Asked Kouta once again.

"Yeah, there is no reason to be here anymore. Let's go eat."

Looking at how cheerful Rimu are, Kouta could only smile helplessly. But then he fell into a deep thought.

'Wait, is this can be considered a date?'

80