Chapter 57 – When the Bowl is Dominated by Red
3.3k 18 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While walking on the road, Rimu glanced at Kouta and sighed heavily. It seems the topic of the talk she makes earlier was too hard to understand for an elementary grader.

Awkward silence.

The conversation did not continue at all and just cut off like that.

'If it was Riku...'

If it was Riku who she conversed, he would've grasped the conversation flow perfectly. Even if he doesn't understand what she was talking about at the first place, with his intelligence he would've comprehend it quickly without the other party even realized.

Perhaps the conversation flow will be like this:

- Riku: Electric-fueled cars, eh? Probably they're not popularizing it not because they won't, but because they can't.

- Rimu: Why they can't? Don't they care about the environment?

- Riku: Hmm... If I think of a reason, it's production costs should've still high and not suitable for mass production yet.
Only rich people with nothing to do with their money or car maniacs who will buy it right now.

And then the discussion could lasts for a long time.

Rimu shakes her head trying to disperse any unnecessary thought. It's no use thinking something that did not happen. In the first place, Riku won't play truant and skip school.

Yeah, he definitely won't do that.

Rather than thinking about such things, enjoying the scenery right now is more meaningful.

In the way toward the residential area, the greenery increases as more trees on the sidewalk appeared in their sight. The lush trees create shades that shields them from the sun. Cars rarely passed the road, instead of cars, people here prefer using public transportation like bus or just walk with their own legs.

Rimu took off her hood and mask and enjoy the fresh air. Looking at her took off the mask, Kouta did the same. All of the excruciating painful heat earlier instantly gone, now they only feel fresh air.

She then run around with a smile, feeling the sensation of the gentle wind strokes her skin.

"Ahahaha, the wind feels so good."

Kouta could only helplessly chase her figure, but he did not try stop her. Because he kinda understand the feeling. He was glad Rimu enjoyed herself. At least, her earlier gloomy mood seems completely disappeared.

But even so, isn't she running too fast?

He isn't familiar with this city yet, much less the way back to home. If he separated with her now, then the consequence will be disastrous!

"Wait, Rimu-chan... Don't run too fast!"

"You're just too slow! This is why you need more workout, Kouta."

"Oh, you bet I am. I do workout everyday, you know?"

Rimu slowed down her running speed and let Kouta catch up with her. She still running, but not as fast as before.

And when Kouta came closer, she stopped running and returned to normal walk.

"Heh, your workout is most likely workout of the finger by playing games. That didn't count!"

"You're rude, playing games also exercise your finger! It's very beneficial exercise!"

Kouta retorted. It seems he want to glorify playing games by saying such nonsensical excuse. Rimu only sneered, but she didn't outright deny his words.

This is called kindness!

"Yeah, yeah... Whatever you say!"

Rimu didn't bother to argue any further. Anyway, that's his business and it doesn't even matter to her. All she need to care is her own workout. She didn't have time to care about other people's lifestyle.

As long as she can maintain her angelic loli body and not grow into ugly woman, then nothing else matters!

"Although I kinda want to explore a bit further, unfortunately we only have about one and half hours so we can't do that. Let's just search something to eat and go home."

There are a lot of spot in Shizuoka that she want to visit, like Museum of Art and Sunpu Castle. But time was not on her side, she must back to home before Riku does or else she will be found out skipping school.

Kouta didn't really have any objection and agreed with her.

"Okay, where to eat?"

"I know one of a traditional restaurant near this place. Let's go there."

So Rimu said as she pointed to a direction.

Truthfully, she only knows the place from her memories in the future. It was on her college years that she had the chance of visiting that restaurant during study trip. From the owner himself, he says that the restaurant was passed on from his family generation to generation.

'Well, looking at more than 10 portrait in that restaurant means at least it's already existed before 2018... I just hope the taste didn't change that much.'

Five minutes later, they arrived in the front of the said restaurant. Though, it's quite different than the one in Rimu's memory.

The restaurant existed, but it was not as big as she remembers. When she came here with her peers in college, the restaurant was large and it's decoration was exquisite. In contrast, what she see right now is just humble small restaurant with just plank menu in front of the store.

Both of them entered the place and Rimu instantly found that the owner is also different. Seems the restaurant owner is still the older generation and haven't changed holdership yet.

No waitress and the seat is narrow and the kitchen is not in a separate room. The owner directly cook as the order comes. No matter where Rimu and Kouta sit, they would be able to smell the fragrant cooking aroma.

Well, it's about 7 years gap so it's normal that the details kinda different. Perhaps, the restaurant haven't prospered at this era.

Rimu didn't mind it too much and quickly sit in one of the chair directly near the kitchen and ordered something. Kouta followed suit.

"Order whatever you want, it's my treat."

"Eh, no no no. I feel bad, Rimu-chan. At least I will pay for my own share."

"It's fine... Just treat it as my apology and thanks for bringing you here... Owner, I want one bowl of red mapo tofu, extra red."

Her choice of order quickly attracted the owner attention. The owner seems not expecting to hear a little girl would choose that menu. So he need to confirm it again.

"Jou-chan, are you sure you want to eat that?"

"Yes, it's fine. This is for my diet. Oh, I also want iced orange juice too."

Toward the owner's question, Rimu only nodded confirming. She detached the sleeves on her nekomimi sweater and took off the training gibs on her arm, then put them into her bag. As if seemingly prepared for something.

"Then... Owner, I order the same thing as her."

Kouta also quickly decides what to eat. When you're not really sure what to eat in the restaurant, you will most likely choose to order the same thing with whatever your friend ordered.

Besides, ordering the same thing with the person you like is kinda romantic, right?

"Ai yo! Two bowls of red mapo tofu then."

"Heeh...?

But now, it was Rimu who is surprised with Kouta's choice. She then looked at Kouta with incredulity as if she doubted his sanity to choose what she ordered.

"Kouta, are you sure you wanna ordered the same thing?"

"Um, yeah... Why? Am I doing something wrong?"

Kouta asked back worriedly. Perhaps, she is a person who didn't like when someone copying her.

Did Rimu feel offended by his choice?

However, her next words is not anything that Kouta expected.

"You'd probably die eating that without preparation, you know?"

"Eh...? No way, right?"

"Ah, I said dying but that's an exaggeration. But you certainly won't feel good after eating what I order."

Rimu's explanation makes Kouta curious. If you don't feel good after eating it, why you ordered it in the first place?

But about 10 minutes later, when the owner served the dish they ordered, he completely understand.

"Here it is, ojou-chan... Also, this is for you, boy. Two bowls of extra red mapo tofu."


"Yay, itadakimasu."

Rimu happily started to gulp down the red thing in front of her, completely obvious with the stupefied boy beside her.

Looking at two bowls of red in front of him, Kouta's facial expression suddenly turned pale. Even if he haven't tasted it yet, from the aroma and the color itself already clear that this mapo tofu is super spicy, not for human consumption. And it's not just one bowl, but two!

Unexpectedly the owner gives him a bonus, but this bonus... he really did not want it at all.

Perhaps he will need to stay in the toilet after eating one of this.

He feels like he just lifted a stone and drop it to his own feet. Excruciatingly painful!

"What have I done!?"

Kouta could only facepalm. Now he regretted agreed too quickly on Asahi's condition back then.

If he know this will happen, he should've take his pudding share earlier.

78