Chapter 58 – Intermission 2 (~)
2.3k 11 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Side:Akina)

The school bell rang, indicating the school day was over.

Some of my classmates immediately packed away their pencil cases and textbooks and prepared to go home, taking their bags along with them. But I did not. I just simply put my stuff in my locker in the back of the class and that was it.

Our class locker used our Student ID, so I wasn’t not worried about my stuff getting stolen.

If someone asked how I was supposed to study if I didn't bring my books home, I could answer that I already secured photocopied versions for all the 5th grade schoolbooks, a copy for every subjects. And that I also bought another set of writing tools for home use so I did not need to carry one either.

When the teacher gave us homework, I always finished it as soon as possible on the spot secretly. Except, only when the homework was too much and was impossible to finish in a short time, I would bring it home.

Thus, I did not have anything inside my school bag besides a single notebook and a pen that was hidden inside my sleeve. The pen could also be used as a hidden weapon when there was an unexpected situation.

Aim for the eye!

Well, I'm joking. Good kids shouldn't try that at home.

After closing my locker, I took my school bag and walked to the door. But, the class vice-rep, Kinoharu Satoha stopped me before I could leave the classroom.

"Arakawa-san, can I have a moment?"

"...What?" (*displeased*)

"Hiik...!!"

I stopped my steps and looked towards her direction, wondering what was her business with me. But for some reason, instead of responding to my question, Satoha flinched and made a weird noise like she was a crushed frog...

This again... Everybody always looks at me as if they had seen a ghost.

Is something wrong with my face?
Your reaction is making me hurt, you know?

Kowakunai yo~ Tabeteshinai yo~

I admit that my facial expression is not that good for socializing. Even so, this kind of reaction is too much, isn't it?

"Th... this... Please give it to Mamoru-kun."

"...Okay."

With her slightly trembling hand, Satoha handed a bunch of papers to me. The contents of these papers were about the tasks given by our homeroom teacher to the class-rep. It should be Mamoru's duty to carry out these tasks. But because he was absent, the vice-rep had to do these tasks in his stead.

That idiot! Talk about irresponsibility...

I put the papers inside my bag.

"Anything else?"

"...Uhm, if you could... Please tell him to come back to school... I can't carry out these tasks alone..."

Satoha said hesitatingly with an anxious look. She talked as she carefully picked her choice of words.

Though, I kinda understood what she was thinking.

After Mamoru was selected as our class-rep, Satoha volunteered as the vice-rep candidate right away. Like she wished, she successfully became our vice-rep. However, it was Mamoru who did all the tasks.

Perhaps at that time, she only thought that having a position in the class made her superior. And since Mamoru carried out all the tasks, the vice-rep position was just an empty title. But now that he was absent, she had to carry the burden by herself.

"Okay."

I nodded expressionlessly and walked away.

Well, there was no problem if it was just telling him to go to school. Whether he would go or not was not my business. Right now, rather than thinking about that, serving His Excellency was far more important.

Unlike Mamoru, His Excellency was a special existence.

 

On the surface, his father was just a researcher in the medicine field, treating diseases and curing sickness. But the truth was, that his family was a family that hunted supernatural beings like demons!

Three years ago, they even vanquished Satan and extracted his blood1 (chapter 33). In other words, they were a family of demon hunters! (× Not really)

However, this fact was perfectly concealed from the masses. Perhaps, excluding me, no one was aware of this truth. His Excellency especially forbade me from talking about it or mentioning it anymore, including in private.

I still remembered our conversation back then.

Riku(?): "I see... You have noticed, A-kun?"
Akina: "So, it was true?!"
Riku(?): "Indeed, it is as you said! ...But this must be kept secret from everyone, okay?" (*smug face*)
Akina: "...Why?"
Riku(?): "Umm ...Eeh... AH! This is because of our ancient pact. Our activity must not be known! Yes, that's it!"

I did not know the reason why they would hide themselves in the dark. It must be something deep that was outside of my comprehension.

In anime and manga, the Power Rangers or Magical Girls always hid their identities... So it wasn’t that weird, I think.

But as I watched the many animes, I gradually understood. If the existence of demons was known to the public, it would definitely ensue chaos!

In the end, I was just a kid that only had a swallow understanding of the world. I shouldn't have doubted His Excellency. But he was always kind and never blamed me for this.

Such a kind person, always maintaining the peace of our city from the shadows...

I'm proud of becoming his right hand, even though no one will know.

The right hand of a demon hunter!

While walking through the corridor, I took out my phone and activated an app. Instantly, His Excellency's position appeared on my phone. The app told me that he was on the rooftop right now.

Hehehe... The truth is, I secretly installed a GPS app inside the phone that I gave him (chapter 32). As long as his phone was turned on, I would know his location anytime I wanted. Not only that, it had an eavesdropping function so I could listen to everything else that was happening near his phone.

His Excellency did not know about this. He might have been mad if he had known.

Though, I never intended to tell him in the first place. Let this become my secret that I'll carry to the grave.

With that said, I immediately walked to the stairs, and then went to the rooftop.

 

Chuuni + kuudere loli...

70