Chapter 61 – Rimu’s Birth Secret (~)
2.2k 17 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[Nekomiya Residence]

[The Twins' Room - 16:45]

After the bath, in the twins' room.

Ever since Nia stayed for a night yesterday, the twins didn't bother to return the bed into its original shape again.

Rimu lay in the bed with depression. Her eyes showed a hollow expression as she recalled what happened a few minutes earlier. That was the second time she experienced the nightmare after her time-travel.

'Not just once, but twice...'

Once again, Riku had tickled her waist. It was far worse than the previous time because, now, Riku was merciless in his act. He didn't even let her shout "Yamete~" and continued even when she cried and wet herself.

'Now I knows the feelings of a women loli who got violated...'

She turned her glance from the bed to Riku who sat in front of his desk. Her feelings become complex.

On the one side, she felt wronged. But at the same time, she was unable to get angry.

"To think my sense of taste was connected with you..."

From Riku's mouth, she had learned that shocking fact.

It turns out the reason why Rimu was very good at handling the extremely spicy food was that Riku shared some of the taste. From his hypophysis, the sharing was only mild, and it wouldn't matter that much if it was just a light taste since mostly it would go unnoticed. However, if one of them ate some stimulating food, the other would definitely share the burden.

This was a bit unbelievable, but since Riku knew perfectly what Rimu ate, that was enough proof to believe it. Besides, there was her case of time-traveling. Other supernatural things no longer seemed strange anymore.

'In the previous timeline, Riku did not mention any of this. So I didn't even know....'

Now that she thought about it, when she found out that she had resistance against extremely spicy food was in her university days in Tokyo.

At that time, Riku should've been at Harvard, very far away from Rimu to mention anything. Besides, their relationship has already become awkward by that point. The act of communicating itself was very difficult for her.

But if this shared sense was true, then it was her who wronged Riku.

She rose from her bed.

"I'm sorry, Riku... I didn't know about this."

"Nah, I'm the one who needs to apologize. I went too overboard. I'm really sorry about earlier."

Riku said awkwardly, he didn't expect that Rimu would apologize that easily. Her words made him very guilty about his act. In any case, it was wrong of him to bully his sister that much.

However, his guilt was quickly erased after hearing Rimu's next words.

"That's okay, I understand. It was bad of me for being so cute... (*smug*)
Heh, even my brother can't help but be mesmerized by my loli body!"

Riku: "... "

Looking at her smug face, Riku seemed foolish for feeling guilty. His hands unconsciously reached towards Rimu's cheeks...

...and pulled them hard.

"Owie, Iw hərts! Iw hərts! Iw hərts! (It hurts! 3x)"

♠♠♠

 

[Seigo's Study Room]

In another room.

Seigo was busy paying attention to the liquid in the tube in front of him. The purple-colored liquid inside the tube was boiling and letting out a white mist. That mist was redirected to a pipe and condensed into a clear liquid that looked no different than the regular water in another tube.

Yes, this was the true extract of the Moonlight Roses that Seigo took from Kisara's underground greenhouse. The clear liquid was been freed from its dangerous substances and was safe for human consumption.

When his attention was fully focused on the filtering process, Mikoto entered the room and brought two cups of coffee.

"It seems the children are getting along well just fine. I just saw them earlier in their room."

She placed one of the cups on Seigo's desk and drank the other one. Before coming to this room, Mikoto peeked in the twins' room. She couldn't help but smile after she saw Riku messing with Rimu's cheeks.

Seigo nodded as he took the cup and sipped the contents.

"I see... This great me was very worried but it seems that worry was unneeded. My progenies getting along with each other is good news. Rimu is a very willful child after all, and Riku is too dense and stiff."

"Really, I wonder who they are imitating..."

Mikoto chuckled. She moved her attention to the clear liquid tubes in front of them. Looking at them, her expression became cloudy as she remembered a certain fact about their children.

It was the fact that Riku and Rimu was born as paired identical twins1 The next few paragraph is a copy paste from this link: <link>.

Identical twins were also called monozygotic twins, meaning one fertilized egg. This occurred when one egg was fertilized by one sperm as usual, but the egg split in two shortly afterward. Each half then grew into a baby. Because they originally came from the same egg and sperm, 100% of their chromosomes were identical.

This meant they were the same sex and had the same genetic characteristics, like hair and eye color.

But in very rare cases, identical twins could be different sexes. These twins began as identical male twins. Like all males, they both had XY sex chromosomes, instead of XX like all females do. Very soon after the egg split in two, a genetic mutation caused one twin to lose its Y sex chromosome, changing it to an X0. This mutation was called Turner syndrome2<link>.

Since there is only one X chromosome, the twin looks female but has developmental difficulties starting at birth and fertility problems later in life. The other baby isn’t affected.

Of course, the baby that was affected in this case... was Rimu.

"Rimu... will she be fine?"

Mikoto became anxious.

Although she was not studied in the medical field, she had read some articles before and knew that most people with Turner Syndromes had shorter life expectancies, mostly due to heart problems and diabetes.

But of course, Seigo just shrugged it off, calming his wife. He spread his arms wide and bragged with a smug face.

"Humph, who do you think I am, my beloved wife? This man before you is the greatest scientist in the galaxy, Nekomiya Seigo! The one with IQ 400 in the International IQ Test! Such problems was no problem in front of this great me!

Rimu will be fine. I assure you in my name."

In fact, when the twins was still in Mikoto's womb, Seigo already did some precaution after he saw their fetus from the ultrasound imaging monitor. He injected a low dose of synthetic chromosome3<link> to Rimu to replace her missing X chromosome. He had to do that to ensure Rimu will grow normally like other child without any problem.

 

And sure enough, Rimu and Riku were born normally without any defects. However, Rimu's insulin levels were a little low, which made her absorption rate of glucose not good. This in return, would make Rimu accumulate fat faster and have a high risk of diabetes.

As for the solution, Seigo pointed at the clear liquid in the glass tube.

"This is the improved Moonlight Rose solution that the great me and my beloved assistant, Kisara had researched. This can help people break down cholesterol and glucose in their body and convert it into beneficial proteins."

With a proud face, he explained further.

"After regular consumption, no matter how much Rimu eats, she won't develop diabetes!"

Mikoto nodded with understanding.

Even though her husband was quite eccentric, his abilities can be guaranteed. She felt that as long as he is beside her, everything will be alright.

The dark truth behind the loli.

69