Chapter 08 – Adventure (~)
5.6k 8 156
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...."

Rimu walked with a gloomy face on the road. Behind her, Kouta followed with curious eyes.

"Why did you follow me?" Rimu asked in annoyance.

"You seem to be doing something interesting, so I followed." Kouta grinned.

Rimu became speechless. This guy only desires excitement. After a certain incident in first grade, he stuck himself to the Nekomiya siblings in search of exciting adventures. Especially with Rimu, she often did some absurd things.

She knew the characteristics of Kouta very well.

"Well, if you want to come, that's okay. But it won't be interesting."

"No problem."

"However... this is also convenient. I will borrow your help later." Rimu smiled.

Kouta tilted his head in confusion. Why would Rimu ask him for help?

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"Just follow and see. The time should be just right."

Rimu walked towards a parked cargo truck in front of a certain electronics shop. She looked around and ensured the no one was watching her. Rimu smiled at the CCTV camera in front of the shop and waved her hands. She immediately entered the truck and signaled Kouta to follow.

Kouta: "..."

‘Holy syit, she is playing spy!’
‘Do you think you are the daughter of James Bond?’

Kouta quickly entered the truck while sweat poured down his back.

This adventure is quite different from before.

Kouta had assumed they would do some pranks like drawing mustaches on sleeping classmates or maybe setting up a Surströmming1https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming Extremely pungent. trap in the school cafeteria or something at that level. However, he was wrong.

A mere elementary school is not enough for her. She planned to go intercity, then national and then international!

"Rimu-chan, where are we going? Can we go back home later?" Kouta felt terrified.

This freight truck will obviously go to another city, what will he do if they get lost?

What can two grade schoolers do in a big city, lost and homeless?

Those thoughts terrified him the most.

Rimu shook her head with disappointed expression.

‘Aren't you too cowardly for a man?'
Even Riku did not cower from fear when we were lost on a school trip in 6th grade. He remembered the way perfectly.
As for me, I went to Akiba & Shibuya very often so I remember every transit route.'

"Just follow me and we will be fine."

Rimu's words calmed Kouta and he nodded.

Not long after, the driver of the truck came out from the store after delivering a few electronic devices. He checked the goods in the truck before locking the cargo. Rimu and Kouta hid in the corner so to not catch the driver's sight. The truck started to move.

Kusanagi City was a newly built city created on an artificial island. Its size was about half of Singapore and it did not have a long history, established about 10 years ago. The city design and infrastructure were quite advanced, not losing to other medium level cities in comparison.

Rimu had no qualms about living in this city. The air was clean, the parks were beautiful, and moreover, there was an easy access to transportation.

The only inconvenience about this city was that there were still no big department stores until 2021. For instance, since no one sold Raspberry Pi in this city, she had to go to a department stores in other cities if she wanted to buy these particular items.

She remembered the cargo truck’s schedule for packing new goods because she once had a part-time job in that particular shop in her previous life.

And the reason why she had infiltrated this truck was because she saw the logo on the side of it. The logo had a golden triangle with a huge capital ‘R’ on it. It belonged to the Ragna Corporation. They owned a department store in a neighboring city. This was Rimu's destination.

It was not like there wasn't any public transport where she wanted to go but her funds were quite limited right now. She wasn't willing to spend even ¥1 before her objective was met.

'Kukuku, a free ride to my destination... Killing 2 birds with one stone.'

Rimu chuckled. Kouta, on the side, was looking at her evil smile silently, he already regretted following along.

♦♦♦

 

[Fifteen minutes later.]

Rimu created a small hole on wall with a cordless drill that she sneaked out from their shed. The noise from the truck's engine was enough to hide the sound of the drill. In a few seconds a small hole inconspicuous to the naked eye was created.

The small hole was enough for Rimu to make sure of their current location.

"As expected, the journey was smooth... Well, they put a lot of delicate machines in this truck, so I guess it's natural they would have to pick a less bumpy route."

Kouta's eyes stared fixatedly on the hole as if he was suffering from a mental disorder. Rimu sighed and created another hole on the opposite side.

A few minutes later, the truck stopped in a certain building.

Rimu for signaled Kouta to prepare to leave. Not long after, the truck's driver opened the cargo space to restock the goods. They patiently waited until the driver's attention has shifted before they slipped out. They avoided the people and walked quickly towards the emergency stairs.

"Haa..hah... That was dangerous, Rimu-chan... What if we got caught earlier?" Kouta straightened his breath.

"Hehehe... If that happened, I would blackmail him. He is just a low position worker, if two elementary schoolers accused him of being a kidnapper, who do you think people will believe?" Rimu smirked.

Kouta could only stood speechlessly.

‘This girl is truly evil! I mustn’t offend her in the future!’

156