Chapter 24 – Meeting Kisara (~)
5.1k 13 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry, there is a small glitch in this page so I had to use cheap fix to make the text readable.
If you read this chapter in mobile mode, you might have to scroll sideways.

Editor: Tgx

[Nekomiya Residence]
   
[07:32 - The children's Room]
   
Rimu woke up in the morning and found that she had two Direct Message
1Some site uses DM, and other uses PM, but those have the same meaning. notification on her Twitter.

The first message was from Kurumin-sensei with 15 lines of sentences full of formality. Basically, she praised her artwork and would like to hire Rimu to illustrate her novel as well as to negotiate about the price.

Based on her words, it seemed like Kurumin-sensei was a member of high society. Most likely a career woman. If that was so, then she was a promising customer. With her salary, she should be rich enough to order lots of commissions.
(× Not really...)

The second message was from Arakano Akio. She only sent a short message, ordering sketches for her novel's characters.

Rimu didn't know anything about Arakano-sensei as her genre wasn't her cup of tea. All she knew was that Arakano-sensei would be a very famous BL2Boys Love, aka homo novel writer in the future.

On the other hand, money was money. There was no reason to reject a successful future writer just because they catered to a... very specific taste.

As long as she wasn't involved in criminal activities, everything was okay.

"Hehehe, as expected of Kurumin-sensei, she is very understanding. Arakano-sensei too, although she only ordered sketches. This is still a good start." Rimu grinned. She clicked the link Arakano-sensei gave her and was instantly redirected to her novel in Syosetu, [When the Wolf Trampled by a Cat].

Rimu read her novel and found out that it wasn't as bad as her prejudice might have suggested. It was mostly slice of life moments, telling the protagonist's life at school. The novel stayed SFW so there weren't any "swords clashing in bed" scenes.

However... Rimu couldn't help but frown.

'Why does this MC look like Riku? Is it only my imagination?'

Although she felt suspicious, Rimu decided to draw to Arakano-sensei's description.

There was still time before breakfast so Rimu quickly drew Arakano-sensei's orders first since they were the easiest. There were 6 characters to draw, but since she only ordered sketches, it was quickly completed without the need for polishing in GIMP.

She uploaded the sketches to her Pixiv and sent the link to Arakano-sensei's Twitter.

As for Kurumin-sensei...

"This is quite troubling. Negotiating is not my forte... Well, honestly the fee was just an excuse, if Kurumin-sensei wants a discount, then so be it." 

Rimu typed her reply to Kurumin-sensei's DM.

   ✉️ @Kurumin


 
  Good morning Rym-sama.  
  I am Kurumin, the author of [The Chronicles of Mad Villainess].  
  Yesterday, I saw your drawing in my page and it was really amazing.  
  I read your PM and interested with your business.  
...... (11 lines redacted)  
  Thank you for the compliment, Kurumin-sensei.  
  As for the price, I believe we already give cheap price.  
  However, we can give a 10% discount for bulk orders.  
  In that case, I will ask for advance payment.  
 

   
While it was nice to earn an extra few bucks, the main point of Catnip Drawing Service was to create a connection with successful-to-be writers.

For her future prosperity, it was necessary to curry favor with those golden hens!

*DING*

At the same time, as she pressed the send button, she received a reply from Arakano-sensei who confirmed the transaction.

   ✉️ @Arakano_Akio


 
  Ordering: <link>  
  Sketch for everyone.  
  Can you?  
  OK ?  
  All done, here it is: <link>  
  Payment via PayPay: <QR Code>  
  Thanks... Payment done.  
 
                                     

Rimu checked her PayPay3PayPay is a Japan-based smartphone payment service provider PayPay Corp. account. She nodded with a satisfied face after confirming the ¥250 in her balance.

"Well, it is quite nice extra pocket money..." Rimu closed the Paypay tab.

Finished with the matter, Rimu went down for breakfast. She passed by Riku who had just taken a bottle of apple juice from the refrigerator. He was dressed neatly, contrasting with Rimu's pajamas and her untidy hair after waking up from the bed.

"You're going out?" Rimu asked.

"Yeah, it's a weekend, after all, I'll be playing at Kouta's house," Riku answered as he drank the remaining juice and put the bottle into the trash.

"OK, have a safe trip!" Rimu waved her hands, seeing him off to the front door.

"Ittekimasu~4Lit: I'm leaving!! I'll bring another Angel Whiff cake back later, you can anticipate it."

Said Riku as he put on his shoes and walked out of the house.

Hearing Riku's words, Rimu's smile froze.

♦♦♦

   

[09:06 - Outside]

After finishing her breakfast, Rimu changed into her casual clothes and went out. Her destination was Kisara's residence. Her house was quite far and it would take 3 to 5 hours on foot so Rimu rode a bus to get there.

'It's a pity that this is 2018... Only 2 years later this city would implement trackless trams.'

In 2020, Kusanagi City would be integrating trackless tram5 <link> as a model for inner city transport, developed based on ART6 Autonomous Rail Transit: <wiki> system from China.

Unlike the normal trams which ran on physical rails, the trackless trams used a virtual track. Completely programmed using GPS and various sensors to help the tram stay in its lane and warn nearby vehicles if their proximity was below a safe distance.

The biggest difference between China's ART and Kusanagi City's was that the latter would be equipped with solar panels and could operate 24 hours per day. It would also be completely automated and free to use.

Having a tram would be a huge big change for Kusanagi City... For example:

"Why are the roads packed?! This is the weekend! Why don't you take a day off!?"

Rimu became annoyed because the bus was stopped by a traffic jam.

Even on the weekend, except for national holidays, there were no breaks for a salaryman!

As such, during busy hours, the road was always packed. Though, all the traffic jams would be gone once the tram was implemented. And it would simultaneously increase worker efficiency, upping the city's development greatly... With the costs of many salaryman's lives7Death from overwork!.

However, these were future events, Rimu could only wait for that day.

 

Rimu spent 1 hour to reach her destination.

She rang the doorbell and waited in front of the security camera. Even if Kisara was in her workplace, she would magically appear in her residence without fail, as if she had teleported from her work to her home.

"The bookshelf in the third row should be her secret passage. I managed to find it by chance in my previous life."

A few minutes later, the door really opened. Kisara, still in her white coat, excitedly jumped toward her direction.

"Rimu-chwaaaan! <3 You came here for me? ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ"

"PEDO BUSTER KICK!"

*CRASH* *BANG* *SCREECH*

"GUOAAAH!!"

         
  Rimu used Pedo Buster Kick on Pedo Kisara
   
It's super effective!
 
     

♦♦♦

   

[15 minutes later]

Rimu sat on one of the chairs in Kisara's living room, munching on biscuits while watching TV. From the kitchen walked Kisara, carrying a teapot. She took a cup from the cupboard and placed it on the table.

"That was cruel, Rimu-chan... Why did you reject my loving hug...?" Kisara sobbed depressingly while brewing a cup of tea for Rimu.

"It was instinct, I did nothing wrong." Rimu slurped the tea without any guilt and handed the empty cup to her with pleading eyes, "This tea is delicious... Kisara, seconds!"

Kisara twitched and she smiled wryly,

'She moves completely at her own pace, doesn't she?
But that is what makes her adorable... making me want to hug her even more!'

After the second serving, it was Kisara's turn to ask.

"So... Rimu-chan, why are you here? Where is Seigo? ...and Mi... Mikoto?" Kisara asked, curious about her parents' whereabouts.

Rimu understood why Kisara asked the former, as she was his assistant.

But why did her voice falter at the latter?
(× Both of the twins never knew the dark side of their own family.)

"Mom and Dad are still at home. At this hour, Dad should be sitting on the sofa watching the news, and Mom probably gossiping with the neighbor. As for Riku, he went to Kouta's house to play." Rimu answered truthfully.

"!?" Kisara gasped.

So in other words, Rimu-chan went to the central district of the city alone, without any protection from adults?
What the ? is Seigo doing? This isn't Home Alone
8 <link>!
What if Rimu-chan got kidnapped by a lolicon and got mufufu-ed?
(× Rimu was currently in the said lolicon's home.)

Kisara massaged her temples. If she wasn't in the middle of her work, she could escort Rimu back. Alas, at this busy hour, a round trip to the Nekomiya residence could take 2-3 hours.

At best, she could only let Rimu play in her house until the afternoon while she snuck back to her work. Fortunately, she had bought a PS4 as a measure for relieving stress. Rimu wouldn't be bored until then. But suddenly, she remembered.

'Oh NO! Lots of my games have nude mods installed! They are not safe for children!'

    • Skyrim nude mod (loli).
    • Fallout 4 nude mod (loli).
    • Senran Kagura nude mod.
    • A lot of games with blood, violence, and loli.

This was not good! How could she let Rimu's innocent(?) eyes be dirtied by those filthy games?

If only she could hide those games and only show the safe ones... Unfortunately, all of the games were digital, everything was saved on the same hard disk.

Fortunately, Kisara didn't have to worry about this at all, as Rimu suddenly walked towards a certain room, Kisara's private library. She clicked something in the third row of the bookshelves. And voila, the bookshelves rotated, revealing a staircase headed deep underground.

"Wait!!! How do you know about my secret passage?!" Kisara shouted in panic.

 

117