Chapter 26 – Even Your Soul Also Got Molested! (~)
4.4k 6 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Nekomiya Residence - Living Room]

Rimu sat on the sofa listlessly, listening to Seigo's reproach.

"What were you thinking, my beloved daughter? Going to the central district alone? Do you know how dangerous it is?

What if you got kidnapped by a suspicious organization and turned into a hostage?!"

Seigo looked up to the ceiling with his arms spread,

"Those evil organizations have been long eyeing my genius mind. There is no telling what they will do if they get hold of my beloved daughter. They might dissect you to get my precious DNA, or even to clone you and make your clone do inhuman work. Ahhh, your great father's heart is pounding hard by just imagining it..."

Mikoto gazed at her husband with incredulity,

'Sei-chan, your imagination is too wild! Who is gonna target who? All your patents are on Kisara's name. You've always remained low-key until now. And come on, an evil organization in this era? Aren't you reading too many novels, my husband?'

She shook her head hopelessly. This husband of hers was beyond help.

As for Rimu's little adventure, Mikoto didn't think too much of it. Since she knew of her daughter's time travel, she should have had her reasons.

 

♣♣♣

 

The scolding went on for a full 30 minutes before Mikoto went back to the kitchen while Seigo holed himself up in his study room, leaving the loli in the living room.

Riku glanced at his sister in front of him while munching the cake.

"...I got scolded..." She muttered slowly.

"Well, of course. You will if you do something like this stunt."

Riku sighed. Sometimes he couldn't understand what his sister was thinking. Her brain must be faulty!

"...I got cuddled..." She muttered again.

"Err... my condolences?" Riku tilted his head.

'Is that really a problem? We get hugged a lot by our parents, so one more cuddling shouldn't make any difference.'

Seemingly noticing her brother's perplexing expression, Rimu smiled wryly,

"Heh... you haven't understood yet, Riku,"

Rimu continued as she waving her index finger in front of his face,

"You don't understand the true terror of Kisara's hand. If you got molested by her... Even your soul also gets molested!!"

Riku: "..."

She couldn't recall how she had spent an entire afternoon at Kisara's lab. A chunk of two hours was missing from her memory. The next time she came to her senses, her hair was tied into twin-tails and her clothes were magically changed to a nekomimi-maid uniform.

What the ? happened in that span of 2 hours?!

Even to Rimu herself, this has remained a mystery.

Seeing his sister's broken smile, left Riku feeling helpless. Although he was smart, even he didn't know what should he do with his sister's lack of brain cells!

He glanced at the cake in his hand. He thought that Rimu should be cheered up by eating the cake.

With that thought, he said to Rimu while showing the cake in his hand,

"...Wanna eat?"

"...Itadakimasu!"

Rimu snatched the cake from Riku's hand and munched on it greedily.

Riku's eyes twitched with helplessness,

'There is still an intact cake on the table. Why did you have to take the half-eaten one from my hand?'

♣♣♣

 

That night, Rimu reflected on her actions. Today she had learned a lesson with a heavy price.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

When Rimu said she wanted beauty products, Kisara answered that Rimu was as good as she was, and she didn't need such things. However, Rimu already knew the harsh truth.

There was nothing eternal in this world, even her loli body would eventually lose its loveliness.

A few years later, her face would be filled with acne. Her skin turned dull and dry from ultraviolet light and pollution. Without constant care, it would be impossible to maintain her loli skin!

"Perhaps, Kisara could say that because she rarely went out of her house or lab... From a sterilized environment like that, there is no way acne would appear!" Rimu gritted her teeth in frustration.

She had suffered for nothing.

Even if she told Kisara about the future, most likely she wouldn't believe it unless Rimu told her about time travel. However, that was her classified information. Telling a researcher was the same as courting death!

'Well, if Kisara couldn't be relied upon, that was also fine. At most, I'll just eat anpan1Japanese Sweet Roll
and drink tap water for lunch from now on!'

With a determined face, Rimu opened her Twitter and Syosetu accounts to see if there were any other commissions.

From her Twitter, Arakano-sensei ordered 4 more sketches, Rimu quickly finished it in no time. While from the Syosetu account, she got a PM from Pumya, ordering 2 full illustrations.

Private Message

  
Pumya  ◉

Joined: July 2016

 

 

 

 

 

 

Good morning, Rym-sensei.

If it's convenient for you, I would like to talk.

This is about your company's illustrations that you have posted on my page yesterday. It has opened a new door for me. I feel like the scales have fallen off from my eyes.

I would like to hire your company as an illustrator for my novel, [Detective Academy].

For a starter, could you illustrate chapter 1 and 2, in short, when main character's friend got murdered...
...
...
(description omitted)

That's all from my request, I will sent the payment as soon as I received the illustrations.

Thank you and have a good day.

 
         

[collapse]

'Oooh, an order from Pumya-sensei... He was a mystery horror-themed novel author who would be successful 3 years later! My luck is not bad, to gain one more connection.' Rimu grinned.

Mystery-horror themed illustrations required different drawing techniques than normal cute ones. Rimu has to be careful so she could convey mystery rather than beauty or cuteness.

Fortunately, Yasaka was not the only artist whose style had been plagiarized by Rimu. She had an ample of genres in her arsenal. Mystery, blood, and horror were just one of the styles she had learned in her previous life.

Rimu spent 15 minutes to finish them, 5 minutes longer than usual.

"Come to think of it, tomorrow I have a promise with Nia... I shouldn't oversleep."

Having done with the matter, Rimu turned off her PC and dived into her bed.

110