Chapter 38 – Expanding Business
4.4k 13 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That afternoon, Rimu did her special training while wearing the training gibs underneath her uniform. Each of her limbs was holding 0.5 kg worth of weight. It feels like carrying a bucket of water in each of her hands while wearing military boots at the same time. It was still quite light as it didn't cause any inconvenience during movement, for now.

Because of her bad talent, Rimu has to spend twice the effort but half the result. Training karate moves is just a waste of time, is what Kyoko's thought. So Kyoko changed the training to polish her physical aspect instead. As for karate training... heh...

Who cares?

Rimu just needs to be there as a mascot to boosts club popularity!

♣♣♣

 

Feeling exhausted from the training, Rimu took a bottle of juice from the fridge after returning to her home. Kyoko had explicitly stated to Rimu that she must wear the training gibs at all times, even in sleep. She allowed to take it off only during bath time.

"Haaah~ This is quite inconvenient. I still didn't understand why Kyoko makes me wear this." Rimu sighed.

A trip from the school to her home with the gibs was not a comfortable one. She had to spend extra energy with each of her steps. Even opening the fridge makes her arm feels tired.

But on the other hand, she couldn't help but acknowledge that this training method is good for her workout.

There is no such thing as a free lunch in the world.

In order to avoid the fate of becoming fat, a suitable effort is needed to be paid!

Rimu glanced at a package box in the table of the living room. It's a delivery sent to her name. Apparently, her ordered Pen Tablet has arrived during her school hours.

"Hahaha, at least... With this, I can increase my drawing efficiency. Without further ado, let's test how much the time and effort I could save!" Rimu grinned.

She took the package and went straight to her room.

The moment she entered the room, her eyes fixed on Riku who was napping on the bed. That itself is fine, there was no reason to forbid anyone from sleeping. The problem is, Riku didn't sleep on his bed at the upper part of the bunk-bed, instead, he occupying Rimu's bed in the lower part.

 

Rimu twitched her mouth as she grumbled in her mind.

'Mumumu... What are you doing, Riku... That's my spot!
If you want to sleep, go ahead sleep in yours!'

Fortunately, Rimu noticed him early, or else she could have thrown her school bag at him out of habit. If that happened, her plan to curry favor with him would be ruined!

Anyway... It was unthinkable for Riku to mistakenly entered Rimu's bed.

'Perhaps he was very tired so he found climbing the bed troublesome?'

Rimu shakes her head, thinking about that is just a waste of time. Rather than that, testing her new tablet is more important. Putting her bag aside from her desk, she sits and opened the package. With a click, she turned it on. The tablet itself already have OpenCanvas6 installed so she could immediately use it.

The moment when her pen touched the tablet screen, Rimu felt an indescribable sense of joy.

This is it!

The sense of touch of the pen, it was easy to hold and the thickness is perfect. The texture of the screen, not too slippery, but also not too hard, it's as if she draws on a real paper. The tablet gives a good performance despite its cheap 3k yen price.

Since the tablet has its image processing software installed, Rimu could save time and effort greatly. She didn't have to draw in the paper and scan it before she could process it anymore. After calculating the time, she could estimate the time to draw a pic is about 2 minutes. Not only that, if she limits her color choices to only 6 or 8, she could save another few seconds.

"Yosh! All that left is just work grinding!" Rimu clenched her fist satisfiedly.

Work grinding is a state where you keep on grinding monotonous labor. It was one of her good expertise. In her previous life, Rimu often did this in her company as she designed various characters with their unique poses and all. Only a little brainpower spent since she only needs to complete her work mindlessly like a robot. Compared to that time, drawing a few illustrations is nothing.

If one picture costs her 2 minutes to draw, then by calculation...

Character illustration left: 14 pics.
Chapter illustration left: 100 pics.

Total estimated time: ±3.8 hours (±2 mins / picture) -> 6 hours (with occasional rest included)

Forget about a one-week time limit she promised Kurumin-sensei yesterday. She could finish everything today!

'But, let's pending it after dinner. I couldn't possibly turn into auto-mode if my stomach is empty.'

With that thinking in mind, Rimu decided to do something else. Since she got a powerful tool to assist her, why not expanding her business further?

Rimu turned on her PC and browse a certain shopping site. She right-clicked the page and selected "View Page Source", then she searched with a certain keyword. A moment later she found the 'hidden URL' in the site with her search.

"Hehe, it really exists... To think this URL already existed back in 2018, I'm very impressed." Rimu's eyes glimmered with excitement.

She immediately copied the URL and entered it. A few seconds later, the shopping site changed and its list of items switched to another list with dubious items. One of them is a VCC1Virtual Credit Card.

Rimu selected the VCC and purchase one with ¥1.000 value. With a click, she confirmed the payment via PayPay, and instantly, her ¥4.144 balance reduced to ¥3.144. The VCC only valid for one month but that was irrelevant to her.

After Rimu obtained the VCC, she immediately used it to verify her Paypal account2Caution: As for now, Paypal doesn't need such a thing.. With her Paypal account verified, now she can receive dollars.

"Kukukuku... Hehehehe... Hahahaha!! At this moment, I, Nekomiya Rimu went international!"

Rimu puffed her non-existent chest with a proud face and laughed madly, completely forgot Riku was sleeping behind her. Awaken from the noise, Riku watched his sister speechlessly. He could only sigh.

'Why does everyone around me is so weird...'

103