Chapter 39 – Prodigy at 10, Genius at 20, Ordinary at 30
4.5k 9 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Kusanagi City East District - Underground]

Somewhere underground Kusanagi City existed a large scale greenhouse facility, installed with its automated irrigation system and temperature control.

In there, lots of greenery cultivated with care. A variety of fruits and vegetables could be seen with its green lush.

Although the greenhouse itself is located underground, there is no problem with growing plants despite the lack of sunlight. Proper artificial sunlight was installed to replace the sun. 

The size of the greenhouse is spacious, the size is almost similar to the Palace of Versailles18.2 km². It consisted of twelve floors and a quarter of it was dedicated to nurture hyper-oats (experimental phase)2Hyper-oats : <link>, a genetically modified food crop.

This hyper-oats gives more yields than regular oats and basically Kusanagi City's main supply of food, making the city self-sufficient and eliminate the need for importing food. Though, they haven't been disclosed to the public yet.

But surprisingly, not a single employee to tend the greenery despite its sheer size. Everything was automatically maintained by drones and stuff. There is almost no need for human hands to interfere at all.

*munching sounds*

Kisara relaxedly sits in the bungalow at the center of the greenhouse while chewing on a freshly taken tomato. Her hands occasionally moved to her laptop, typing codes after codes. She patiently developing programs for the newly medical pod that recently completed a few days ago.

"Life support integration done, all that left is just a live test." Kisara sighed in relief.

She pressed the enter button and uploaded her code to the central server.

'As expected, Seigo is awesome...
This medical pod could stimulate the patient's body to regenerate faster and could cut recovery time to half.
As long as the patient is alive, they can still be saved even at a brink of death!'

Kisara closed the software and opened her browser.

Now that her work is done, its the time to browse... porn sites!

"Guhehehe... VPN3Virtual Private Network activated! Secure channel, done! Firefox Private Window! Search query: YOUJO!"

With VPN on, Kisara could indulge as much as she wants with her degenerate hobbies. She didn't have to worry about her IP and browsing records got exposed by her company. At the same time, it also allowed her to bypass the government's internet censorship!

Her hands danced in the keyboard once more with a speed not inferior with Ye Xiu4MC of The Kings Avatar, a pro eSport gamer. <link>. Instantly, her laptop screen filled with lots of lolies with lewd poses.

"Murufufufu~ So cyuute! Those slender bodies, those pettan chests... Irresistible!"

Kisara's eyes had long turned to pink as she drooled looking at the monitor screen. She swiped through page after page, burning the image of the lolies to her eyes with huge creepy smiles, completely forgot her surroundings.

But a few moments later, suddenly a woman's voice shouted behind her back...

"FREEZE!! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!!"

"HIIEEE!! W...W...WH...WHA...WHAT..?? ...POLICE??! ...FBI!?"

Kisara instantly jolted from tralala-land as she frantically turned her head with restlessness and dread. Her chaotic mind has caused her judgment to be clouded. If she were in a clear-mind state, she might have noticed something was wrong.

Thankfully, the one standing behind her was not FBI or anything as she feared in.

"Mikoto! Seigo! It was you two!?" Kisara shouted.

"Yahoo~!" Mikoto cheerfully greeted.

"Yo, the assistant of mine! As usual, you'd never change at all, don't you?" Seigo wryly said.

Kisara bellowed in rage. She silently hit them while holding back her tears5Mental Image:
.

That previous shout nearly caused her heart to stop!

♦♦♦

 

Five minutes later, Kisara readjusted her breath to normal.

"So, why are you two here?" Kisara grumpily asked.

"Well, it's the usual thing, our house almost run out of vegetables, so I came here to take some," Mikoto answered.

Kisara nodded as she had comprehended Mikoto's objective. In her case, she could be considered as a regular here. Whenever Nekomiya household runs out of vegetables in their fridge, she visits this place to pluck some free vegetables. In any case, the greenhouse is also Seigo's hidden property, so his wife took some vegetables is not really that strange.

But her words still continued. Mikoto shifted her glance to her husband.

"But, I dunno about Sei-chan though, he might have a different objective than mine."

"Ah, as for me... I need to take a few of Moonlight Roses. I have to restock their extract supplies." Seigo says.

Hearing his words, Kisara's expression tightens.

The Moonlight Rose... It's a codename of a new rose breed. It was coincidentally discovered by Seigo as he did various genetic modification experiment to a certain type of rose.

From the testing, it was confirmed that this new rose contains some medical substances that can help greatly for regenerating damaged body tissue. Those substances were the main ingredient to the chemical solution used in the newly created medical pod.

The problem is, this rose is created by selective breeding from a certain kind of rose and a certain type of plant with the name Papaver somniverum6Papaver Somniverum: <link>, a.k.a opium poppy, the main source for illegal drug morphine and heroin.

This was the main reason why this greenhouse facility kept secret from a public view, as well as why not a single human got employed here. Even the government only got a rough report with a few details missing, so they won't place their sights in it. Since it would be troublesome if some curious bastard took an interest in it.

At first glance, it's only a bunch of roses, but if the roses got tested in the laboratory, ara fushigi... there is heroin in it!

"Haaah, go ahead, I won't stop you." Kisara sighed helplessly.

In the end, medicine and poison is the same thing, depending on how people would use it.

"Thank you Kisarin~!! Then, I won't be polite." Mikoto said with a smile.

"Heh, that's some words coming from the mouth of one of the founders of Kusanagi City." Kisara sneered.

She couldn't help but give the woman in front of her respect. Since their school days, Mikoto was a very strange girl. She often did some mysterious things that couldn't be explained with reason. However, everything she does always ended up well and turned into the correct choice. It's as if she has precog ability and could see the future.

Once, they joined the same club in the junior high and Mikoto presumptuously used all of the club money to get a lottery. Everyone was so mad but she only laughed it off. And then, a week later, she ended up winning the lottery and got a Porsche 911. The car itself was sold at a high price shortly after.

She is a girl who transforms a mere ¥70.000 into ¥28.725.000!

Kisara could remember all of the club member's facial expressions turned into(゚Д゚)when they saw a bunch of suitcases full of money in front of them. 

And this artificial island was a project that successfully realized because of her involvement.

"No, no, no... It was you who raised these vegetables, wasn't it? Then they belong to you." Mikoto replied.

The two of them stared at each other eyes with a meaningful look. They maintained that stance for a few minutes, until Kisara backed out first and bashfully redirected her eyes.

"Yay, my win." Mikoto gleefully says.

Kisara: "..." *cough* *cough*

'Damn...! You're already a mother with two kids...
W
hy are you still act like a child?
Moreover, it suited her so well makes it's so hateful!!'

"In the first place, this city won't exist without you though.
Even this greenhouse itself, we both know who is the owner. Isn't that right, Seigo?"

Says Kisara as she turned her head to Seigo's direction. However, the man in question was already gone.

"Wait... Seigo?! Where are you?!"

Mikoto sighed helplessly, she knows her husband's habit very well. Once he got an aim, he will relentlessly pursue it and forgot his surrounding. The moment Kisara okayed, he immediately went straight to the flower section, leaving the two women behind.

Ignoring her husband's antics, Mikoto speaks to Kisara,

"I'm not interested in claiming the ownership of this island, okay?
Doing so would only embarrass myself..."

She paused for a moment before continued,

"Compared to our senpais, my management ability was like a pebble in front of a mountain."

"That's true, your negotiation skills suck, you didn't understand stock trading, nor market value. 
Despite that, your absurd method gives the most profit than everyone combined... I can't comprehend that.
Thanks to that, a mere entrepreneur assignment from our college suddenly turned into this big."

Kisara shrugs, during their college days, entrepreneurship was a compulsory subject to every student regardless of Faculty they belonged.

This regulation is enforced at that time to reduce the unemployment rate in Japan. Just because the students' graduates from a college, doesn't mean it will ensure them to get a job they wanted to be. At most, only 10% or maybe less from the graduates got the job as they aimed to.

As for the rest, hehe...

Either they become cannon fodder for a black company, or become a NEET and *shiko-shiko* in front of their monitor every day!

At that time, Kisara studied at Keio University. She got grouped with Mikoto along with 4 more people. Everyone in the group is from different Faculties and there was no similarity between them.

    • Hime-senpai from Faculty of Economics,
    • Kurusu-senpai from Faculty of Law,
    • Shige-senpai from Faculty of Business and Commerce,
    • Hiroko-senpai from Faculty of Environment and Information Studies,
    • Mikoto from Faculty of Letters.
    • Kisara from School of Medicine.

At first, they intended to just make a simple convenience shop and just get a B or C and be done with it. But, when they got the first hurdle where the shop will be located, three days later Mikoto suddenly slapped a proposal to create an island!

And unexpectedly it got approved one week later!

Mikoto's contribution is definitely the biggest, but for some reason, she declined all the glory and just become a simple housewife. All of her shares all went to fund Kisara and Seigo's researchs.

Hearing Kisara's remark, Mikoto smiled wryly,

"Kisara, do you know the idiom, A prodigy at 10, a genius at 20, an ordinary people at 30 ?"

"Oh...? I see... Did you lose your precog ability? Does it have a time limit?"

"Well... You're not wrong... That's basically it."

Mikoto didn't correct Kisara's words and let her speculates herself.

She couldn't say it was not a precog ability, but because of her time-traveling. Last time, she was 25 when she returned to the past. So, of course, she didn't know anything after that. Besides, the moment Kusanagi City born to existence, everything also changed to the unknown. Because of that, her advantage of time-traveler also gone.

However, she didn't regret it even one bit.

Not long after, Seigo returned with a basket full of purple roses. Mikoto shifted the conversation to trivial idle talk before she took a bunch of veggies home. Kisara watched them went home until their appearance can't be seen.

"Now, that they are gone. I can continue where I left off!!"

With a quick motion, Kisara grabbed her laptop and continues to watch porn.

97