Chapter 44 – Staying Over Part 1
3.2k 9 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Living Room]

After the bath.

For now, Nia is wearing one of Mikoto's shirt while waiting for her clothes to dry from the washing machine. The shirt was too big for Nia's posture as it completely covers her bottom as well, as if it was a one-piece dress.

"I'm sorry, Nia-chan... I don't think any of Rimu's clothes gonna fit with your body." Says Mikoto.

Mikoto apologizes as she glanced at Nia's twin buds. They certainly look very promising in the future.

Nia who notices her glance reddened. She obviously understood what Mikoto's gaze meant. In the side, Rimu puffed her cheek and making displeased expression.

'Mom... What the heck are you comparing that lump of meat for?' (× secretly rubbing her breasts)

"It's fine, Mikoto-san. It was me who is at the fault... If I only more careful, this wouldn't happen." Nia replied meekly.

"Anyways, until your clothes dry, make yourself at home." Mikoto smiled.

"Yesh, thank you very much." Nia bowed.

Mikoto pats Nia's head and returned to the kitchen, and because Rimu has taken a bath with Nia, Riku went to bath alone. Left only with the two of them, Rimu glanced at Nia.

"Let's play, then?" Says Rimu as she took out the PS2.

At first, she planned to spend her free time to improve her relationship with her brother. Now that she knows he would become a successful CEO in the future, why not create a cordial relationship with him?

It would be certainly become her assurance if somehow her future plan to get a stable job failed. If that happened and she become jobless, Rimu decided to just mooch Riku and live a NEET life instead!

Or that was supposed to be the plan.

There is nothing to do anyway, she decided to kill some time while waiting for Riku to be done with his bath.

"Oh? Playing with you, Rimu-chan? Yes, yes... sure!" Nia's eyes sparkled. "What game are we going to play?"

"You decide... but on second thought... we don't have any game that can be played on two screens...
Let's play CNK1 Crash Nitro Kart. How is it?" Rimu asked.

"Okay!" Nia nodded.

With that, Rimu inserts a CNK disk into the PS2 and presses the power button. She took out 2 controllers and plug them in. After a few moments, the game is ready to play.

"Let's play Cup Tournament, CPU difficulty HARD, and stage is Nitro Cup. Done." Rimu quickly choose the stage.

"Ah, all of the characters have been unlocked, then I'll chose the cat..." Nia says as she choose Pura as her character.

"Then, I'll chose Dingodile." Rimu also finished choosing her character.

Nia didn't think that, she would regret playing with Rimu afterwards.

Crash Nitro Kart, or in short CNK is a racing game. However, it was not a simple race from start to finish. While racing, the player can accelerate, steer, reverse, brake, hop or use weapons and power-ups with the game controller's analog stick and buttons.

Yes, weapons... That means, the players can legally obstructs their opponents by launching various kind of shenanigans. Not only that, every stage have special 'shortcut' that can give a great advantage to the players and shorten the distance required to finish the race.

"Kyaah!! Rimu-chan, you're terrible! You're purposely dropped TNT right in front of me... Poor kitty." lamented Nia.

"Kukuku... There is no need for mercy in the battlefield! Now, eat my dust!" Rimu laughed as she slide-boosted all the way to the first place.

"Eeeh? You can do that weird movement? That's cheating..." Nia shocked.

Rimu who had play this game for a long time in her past life, obviously had a great proficiency playing it. She can do slide boost and Sacred Fire by instinct, and did not have any problem using every shortcuts even the most ridiculous one2CNK shortcuts: <link>.

Watching Rimu performs high-leveled shortcuts makes Nia dumbfounded. In an instant, Rimu manages to widen the lead by a large distance each time she used those shortcuts. Nia tried to follow suit but her efforts are in vain as she didn't have the necessary skill to pull it off. On the contrary, instead of shortening the distance, she fell to the last place.

"Gyah... again? Rimu-chan could jump over that easily, but why I can't... This is unfair..." Nia couldn't help but cry. "Rimu-chan, can you teach me how do that *broom broom* thing (slide boost)?"

"Okay, but let me finish the lap first." Rimu nodded. 'Hmm, perhaps I can use this as my Youtube content. I'll record all of the shortcuts and upload it later!'

At that moment, they heard the door behind them opened. Both Rimu and Nia immediately looked back and they saw Riku, who had finished bathing, appeared.

"Riku-kun... Good afternoon." Nia greeted.

"Just right in time. Riku, come here and join us." Rimu invited.

"Oh, you're playing CNK? Okay, wait a sec. I'll bring some juice first." Riku nodded.

They played the game together for a while. But suddenly...

*Zaa~ Zaa~*

"Huh?! It's raining." Riku glanced at the window.

"Oh, you're right... Strange, today's weather forecast says that the weather will be sunny all day for this week..." Nia nodded.

"That's not what I meant, though. With this kind of intensity, the rain probably will last for a few hours before it stops...
But at that time, it would be night time already. You can't possibly go home alone at that time, right?" says Riku with a concern.

Nia digests what Riku said for a while before she shouted in realization, "AAAAAH!"

Now that Nia thinks about it, Riku's words have some truth in it. Her house is quite far from Nekomiya's residence because their house is in the opposite direction from their school. She couldn't just break through the rain with that distance. But, waiting for the rain to subside until the night before going back to her home is also not a good choice.

A little girl (with oppai) dares to wander in the middle of the night?

That only invites trouble, in various ways!

"Wh... What should I do... My mother will be angry if I don't go home..." Nia panicked.

Rimu who heard her panicked words, trying to console her.

"Don't worry, Nia. If it comes to that, I'll accompany you home." said Rimu confidently.

"NO!" (x2) Both Riku and Nia simultaneously rejected her idea.

"...Oh, okay..." Rimu cowered.

For some reason, Riku and Nia unitedly shouted with dreaded expressions, shocking Rimu greatly.

'Is that really a big problem walking at night?
I often work overtime and go home in the middle of the night in my past life and nothing happened.
'

Is that what Rimu had in mind, but looking at the serious expression on both Riku and Nia, she decided not to argue.

Scary.

A moment later, Mikoto appeared from the upstairs.

"Then, just stay over here for today, Nia-chan. I'll call your parents for you later." Says Mikoto.

"Well, that's reasonable enough than walking out at night." Riku agreed.

Rimu also nodded, she didn't have any reason to reject Nia to stay over. Nia thought for a while, before agreeing with the solution.

"...I understand, then I will be in your care." Nia bowed.

"No need to worry, Nia-chan. Make yourself at home." Mikoto nodded.

Nia feel relieved with Mikoto's kind words. She had some anxiousness for staying over at someone's house. But her worries soon disappeared after seeing the hospitality of the Nekomiya family.

♦♦♦

 

Left the living room, Mikoto secretly grinned. The kids don't even notice anything suspicious. She took out her smartphone in her pocket and opened her LINE app.

  ✉️ » Kirihara Kisara  
   
: Kisarin, emergency!
      Can you hack the Weather Control System
      & make it rain today?

      Please hurry!
       
              Wat happened? :  
          Oh well, I won't ask :
Its probably your precog power again, right?     
 
                Done, all is well :
 
  : ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️
     Thanks, Kisarin!
               
                   

She didn't think it was that easy to convince Kisara to do something like hacking the city system. Mikoto didn't even need to say anything and Kisara had already moved her hand.

Perhaps because Mikoto had done lots of 'miracles' in her youth that she had regained her complete trust. She felt bad for exploiting it for her private matter.

"But it's okay for once in a while, right? Good luck, Riku. Go ahead and experience your youth!" Mikoto smiled. 

Unbeknownst to Nia, she had entered the tiger's den.

99