[32] True Might of the Fifth Hokage! Uzumaki Naruto, You’re Late!
102 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[32]

 

Nikko

 

"Ha..ha..." 

TAP

TAP

...

Tap.

 

Nikko paused with her hand on the stair rail, turning back to peer up the shelter tunnel and saw nothing but darkness. She'd came too far to see or hear what had became of Shikamaru Nara, who'd told her to go--leaving him effectively alone with a potentially dangerous foe.

The girl with jade hair felt a trickle of sweat pour down her cheek. "Shika-kun...I'm sorry," she said to the air. "I can't!"

Holding her lank arm Nikko began to spring back up the same channel, cursing Neji Hyuuga again in her mind. If he hadn't cut off the chakra to her left arm she'd be much more useful, able to perform a Time Jutsu--

Alas.

"Ha..ha...hang..in there...!" Nikko's thighs burned from all the running but she continued the same pace until reaching the top. She heard the sounds of swordplay, pulling Idate's engraved black knife from her cleavage preemptively. 

There, at the mouth of the shelter was a short woman with flowing white hair. The torches lit up her tan face, sneering at Shikamaru whom was bracing himself for her incoming attack. She was another samurai from whatever village it was, sent to obliterate one jade beauty by the name of Utsuri Nikko.

The woman's weapons raised, two short kodachi swords. She wore a traditional samurai yukata of red and white, with white obi socks and wooden clogs similar to Nikko's own pair.

At Nikko's abrupt interruption the woman turned, exposing shark teeth. "My! Look, the prey decided to come to me!"

Shikamaru looked over at the girl he loved, seeing one arm dangling, a rip in her lilac kimono from an earlier attack. In her shaking good hand was a small black knife, primed horizontally in front of her crystal amethyst glare.

"Nikko-chan! No! Get out of here!" He yelled.

"I can't do that, Shika-chan," she said, sounding a lot more serious than usual, "...I won't let you be taken from me."

While the thought was touching it was also interrupting the moves he had planned. Shikamaru would now have to rethink his strategy completely.

He wasn't given the chance.

"Taken? Oh, so he's your lover then, girl?" The woman asked, splaying her arms apart to keep her dual kodachi aimed at both of them. She looked from Nikko to Shikamaru, giggling, "I'll kill him first. Consider it my sympathy to his soul--!"

Shikamaru cursed inwardly before jumping back, planning to use his Shadow Strangle Jutsu. His shadow flew from him and went to his target, who saw his intent. "Ah. You're a Nara. Pity I have to kill you, boy," she said before running to the wall. Her small legs dashed across the wall. He didn't even have time to react before she was swinging down her right arm. Even moving his shadow would be too late.

Shit. This is bad, he thought.

With such a small time frame his only recourse was distance. He narrowly evaded the head shot by skidding to the left, drew a kunai and flung it towards her. She knocked it away with her sword and spun in the air, landing on one knee. "I missed," she said with a lick to her mouth.

Nikko ran over between Shikamaru and the woman. "Back off! The one you want is me! Leave him alone, bitch!"

Shikamaru watched as the woman ran, arms wide apart--

He quickly did the hand signs for Strange Jutsu again, praying it would reach her in time.

It didn't.

Her speed was too fast. She made it to Nikko in mere moments; flipping her bladed hand offensively to her chest before making a jump towards Nikko. His blood ran cold a moment. It was hard to see in there, and when he heard the sound of flesh being gutted he thought for sure it was Nikko who had been injured, but the woman stumbled backwards. Nikko's knife dripped blood. 

"How--?" The woman sputtered. She clutched her abdomen, blood pooling between the fingers.

"Simple." Nikko said, "You're short. I'm not."

"Tch--! My Kodachi are longer than that puny knife!"

"It doesn't matter how long the blade is." Nikko replied.

Shikamaru smirked. Nikko was smarter than she claimed to be. The only weakness the woman had, her height, had been used against her. Nikko had managed to avoid the blade and countered with her knife. And because the distance she had to attack with was much shorter, the injury was deep.

"Damn you!" The woman spat. Her white hair streamed out like cobwebs. "...You'll pay for this!"

Shikamaru patted Nikko's good arm. "Smart thinking." He took his opportunity and snagged her in Shadow Strangle. A dark hand rose up, crawling around the samurai woman who was too anemic to struggle. "Huk! C-Curse you!" She yelled, kodachi falling down. 

Within two minutes she went limp, dead. 

 Shikamaru dropped his hands. "Well that was a drag," he said, sighing.

Nikko lowered her shaking arms. She'd gambled big time, banking on the memories of Nana. During history class they'd watched a movie about the medieval era, and she recalled the jousting tournaments held at court. Because of that, she guessed her chances of winning were higher. The lucky part was that the woman had aimed for her heart. Nikko had turned her body sideways at the last second, barely avoiding a direct hit.

Tears of fear and relief Nikko let out. Shikamaru pulling her to him in a tight embrace. "Shhh. It's over." He murmured.

"Shika--hic, I was so scared--she was going to kill you--" Nikko sobbed. She buried her face into his neck. Shikamaru could feel his vest getting damper but he didn't mind it for they were the caring sweet tears of Nikko.

"...Sorry I worried you." 

He lifted her chin and gave her a soft, sweet kiss that she returned. She deepened it, clinging to his vest desperately. Shikamaru brushed her sweaty bangs away and pecked her forehead. "You were more worried about me than yourself." He stated with a frown, "I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt, Nikko-chan. I swear...my heart stopped...when she came at you."

Their mouths met again. 

Time stilled for awhile as they swapped spit--Nikko slowly being moved towards the wall, until bumping it. Shikamaru twined his fingers through her right hand, placing it onto the wall above her head. 

A loud crash broke the moment.

It sounded like a bomb had went off, and the entire shelter shook. Nikko and Shikamaru looked at one another in alarm. "What the hell was that?" He asked. 

"Nothing good. Should we head on down the shelter?"

Shikamaru nodded. A fresh bead of sweat dotted his jaw. "...Yeah."

 

Naruto

 

Almost--

He was almost there, dammit--

Swss

Tak, tak, tak

Naruto stopped jumping just in time. Three shuriken lodged into the tree trunk just in front of his face. He swung down the limb before dropping to the forest floor. His team mates Shino and Kiba likewise followed suit. "I smell blood," Kiba said. "Lots of it."

Akamaru yipped. 

Naruto had no idea what was going on but it appeared that they were under attack. He made a few clones and sent them out to investigate, keeping himself hidden within the brush. 

Poof, poof, poof-

His clones were now nothing but smoke. "Damn. I can't tell what's going on!"

"Let's split up." Shino suggested. As Team Leader Naruto had to follow Shino's orders and as such nodded. The trio separated, Naruto going back the route he'd came from, hiding himself against the trunk of a maple. He swallowed. They were so close to Konoha and shouldn't be getting attacked, so just what the hell was happening?

He didn't have to wonder long. His ears picked up a melody. It sounded haunting and dissonant, like the instrument was crying for the loss of someone. Naruto's chest began to ache along with the song as if mourning--

With a shake of his head he did his best to ignore it, but it was the worst ear worm in history. His head swayed a bit as though drunken--Naruto's strength left his body and he plummeted to the ground.

He awoke seconds later to the image of a beautiful woman with black hair and red eyes standing over him. Wearing a kimono of white and red, like it'd been soaked with blood, and carrying an instrument. A biwa. 

She smiled. "You are most handsome. My name is Megumi Uwata."

He struggled to sit up. She giggled a little, "Your energy has been drained. I need it to feed my army. Such a large amount of chakra you have."

Naruto grit his teeth. This Megumi person couldn't be here for anything nice. With a big strain he got up onto one elbow, right arm shaking to pull out a kunai. "...Why the hell are you here?" He grunted.

"...We Uwata only have one purpose in living." She grinned widely, closing her eyes. "The Utsuri Clan's extinction."

His blood ran backwards--

Nikko was in trouble!

"You won't lay a hand on her!" He shouted. Naruto tossed the kunai towards her but it was reflected by some type of shield, bouncing off with a ripple before even making it to her body. Megumi's red eyes widened. "Oh, so you know her reincarnation? Tell me, has she ensnared you within her web of deceit?"

Naruto's blonde brows lowered. "Shut the hell up."

Megumi's head tilted a little in thought. She glanced over her shoulder before relenting. "Such a shame. You could have been a great help to us. At least...I can use your blood." 

She jumped backwards and then vanished. Naruto looked at the ground near his nose, straining to move. If he didn't get to Konoha then Nikko could get hurt, or worse. He had to make himself move. 

He then heard a dog yipping, and a body sailed through the forest and thudded into the trunk by his head. It was Kiba, and he fell over, unconscious. "Kiba-kun!" Naruto yelled. "Shit! I can't fucking move!" 

Naruto had one choice. He needed "that" power.

Shutting his eyes he tried to speak to the inner demon within. 

("Hey! You! Get up!")

Kurama growled in the darkness of his cage, moving his feet a little. ("Come here again? Humans can no nothing on their own")

("Shut up and help me! Nikko is in danger!")

Kurama's sharp eyes opened and he leaned to the cage bars. ("Why should I bother offering aid to her?") He asked, baring fang. 

("Because you're in MY body, that's why! In case you haven't noticed, I'm stuck right now!") Naruto yelled. He put his hand on the bar. ("I won't let anything happen to her! I gave my word!")

Kurama stilled. Finally, he turned away. ("...Then take it.")

Naruto opened his now red eyes, hauling himself up from the ground. He looked to Kiba lying, seeing his lungs rising and falling, before leaning forward and running on all fours. "Urrrah!"

Megumi's biwa plucked that damn tune again. Naruto heard it and shook his head to clear it. "Not gonna happen, lady!" He leapt to the trees and followed her kimono figure, gaining speed with every bound. Finally he was near enough to--

His clawed hands flew through her barrier and slashed the back of her kimono. Megumi fell to the ground, biwa sliding away. She struggled to sit up, squinting a red eye at Naruto who jumped from the tree and shouted, "Eat this!"

Megumi's hand rose. She flicked it backwards.

In that moment an invisible force sent Naruto careening wildly. He managed to land on the side of a tree and once again came for her. Megumi stood up and shouted, "Shisha kara tachiagaru, my kinsmen!"

"Oooohh...." Naruto heard. 

Right before his eyes several beings misted up from the ground. They were all samurai and looked like the undead, brought back to life. Some had severed limbs, others gashes in their front which leaked a purple oozing fluid. 

Naruto, seeing that he now had several enemies instead of one quickly performed shadow clone jutsu. Seven clones sprung forth and charged the beings while the real one pulled his hand back, waiting for assistance of the his nearby clone to ready a Rasengan.

"Urrrahh!"

Megumi quickly leapt away as Naruto touched down with his swirling air attack. Undettered, he ran to close the distance. "You're not going to---hurt my girlfriend!"

He shot his hand out, "raSENgan!"

Megumi's barrier fell away under the attack, causing her body to slam through the forest until smacking a tree trunk, cracking it's wood. She fell forward and spat up blood. There was an evil glare in her red eyes. "You shouldn't have any chakra left--" she said before coughing more blood up into her hand. She stared at it as Naruto came to finish her off.

His clones were busy fighting the risen dead, who had drawn blades. It seemed they were at an even match for the moment.

Naruto stepped in front of her. She lifted her shaky head, glaring at him. "...You're a beast. Those eyes...that aura..."

His clawed hand clenched. "Yeah, what about it?" From his back pocket he pulled out a kunai, readying it to strike if needed.

Megumi tossed her hand to the trunk and used it to stagger upwards, spitting more blood up. Naruto didn't think she would need a finishing move, so he dropped his weapon. Her gaze wavered a little as she said, "Aponi--they--"

Aponi? Naruto had heard that name before. His eyes widened. 

That was back then--:

 

["You can? Well, then can you see what I should do? Because I'm totally lost..." Nikko sighed and cupped her hands into the water, wetting her green shimmery locks. While cleaning her hair and face she added, "You weren't there while I was with Sasuke. A lot happened, and..."

"I...I miss him, Aponi. You want me to find my true love, and--I did! But you see what happened! Sasuke's gone!" Her hand cupped around her belly as she choked out, "And so is--"

"....He took it, Aponi! My---"] 

The image left his brain. He leaned over and grabbed Megumi by her front. "Who is Aponi! Huh?!"

Megumi smirked through the blood between her teeth and replied, "They're...Quetzalcoatl---hak--they'll devour your soul--she'll take it, to--"

"--To what!" Naruto shouted. His body was shaking. Just what the hell was Quetzalcoatl, anyway?

Megumi's red eyes rolled backwards. 

Naruto swallowed hard and stood up, trembling. Nikko had always been a mystery to him and was now even more of one. He had a lot of questions and nobody to ask. 

Poof

Poof

His clones were done fighting, as their leader had been destroyed. Naruto sighed and looked to see Kiba wobbling to his feet. His other ally, Shino, dropped down. "So," Shino said, "Looks like Konoha's under attack."

***

Nikko

 

BAM--

The shelter walls shook again. Either it was an earthquake, or something crazy was happening outside. Nikko and Shikamaru had made it through most of the tunnel and were now situated well inside it, nearing the exit. Her hand in his tightened. "...I hope everyone is okay," she said.

"..Same here."

Finally they reached the exit of Konoha's Shelter, and found the door unlocked. The large iron door was cracked a peg, and Shikamaru put his finger to his lips. Nikko nodded.

Slowly he opened the door.

It let out at the base of the Kage faces. To their left was the Academy and Jonin Standby Station, to the right the Intel Division and Yamanaka's Flowers. Shikamaru thumbed to the flower shop, took her good hand and the two set off running through the wide dusty streets. So far so good, but Shikamaru couldn't see over the wooden fences to be certain, but had a feeling whatever was thumping so hard couldn't be far behind. 

"Nikko-chan, you need to find Neji-kun." Shikamaru looked forward, knowing the Hyuuga clan was straight ahead. "...We're being followed."

"I'm not leaving you Shika-kun, forget it." Nikko glared at him. "I'm still a Time User."

He sighed. "I know. Which is why you need to find Neji. He'll be able to restore your chakra flow. When he does, come back."

While it sounded logical Nikko had her doubts that Neji Hyuuga would do anything more than lock her up and throw away the key. She stood rooted to the spot. "I'm sorry. I can't."

"Thought you might say that," Shikamaru said with a sigh. He rubbed his ponytail. "...Well, we'd better think of something and fast."

Two large thumps brought that idea down to a screeching halt. The ground shook as one, two giants descended down from the Kage faces and headed their way. Nikko and Shikamaru turned and ran down the street, "This way!" He pulled Nikko into an alleyway to get easier access to shadows. 

"This is such a drag," he said down to Nikko. 

The giant sumo wrestlers thumped past their location. Shikamaru breathed a sigh of relief but it was short lived; the pair ran back in a hurry. It seemed that they were running from something. 

"Big brother! She's scary!" The one on the left said in passing.

"This was your idea Raijin," the right answered. 

Tears streamed down Raijin's fat face. He slobbered out, "Bad idea! Bad! I only want food, brother! Where is the food!"

Nikko and Shikamaru blinked at one another. They had no idea that the two brothers were only part of Kill Nikko because there was food involved. As such, Nikko dared a glance outside the alley and saw a sight.

The Fifth Hokage had pounded the earth, her fist cracking through it entirely. Her fist was the paint and the ground her canvas. There was so much rubbage now that one couldn't see what was on the other side of it. Tsunade pulled her fist from the ground and jumped over it.

Raijin and his brother yowled and held each other. "Fujin, get her! You're stronger than me!" Raijin said.

"Okay big brother. Then we can eat!" Fujin said, planting his feet apart. He lifted one foot and the ground split, causing Nikko to grab Shikamaru, who then jumped onto the roof of Yamanaka's flower shop to safety. 

Tsunade pulled off her green coat and set it down. She cracked her knuckles. Fujin screamed and turned, leaving Raijin alone. He shivered in fear as Tsunade jumped down in front of him, "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

"Easy! Let's do easy way!"

Tsunade smirked. "...Alright, then. Go get your brother. The both of you are going back to prison."

Fujin nodded tearfully. "Brother! Come back!"

Raijin stopped thumping away and jumped up, his landing blasting through Yamanaka like pancake batter on a skillet. The building began to crumble. "Shika-kun!" Nikko cried as the roof began to fall around her feet.

"Hang on." 

They landed down below, Nikko cradled in the genius's arms. Tsunade, seeing who it was, raised a brow. "Oh. It's about time the both of you show up. I've been looking everywhere." To Raijin and Fujin she then said, "You! Get back to your cell! If you're not there by night fall, you can forget about dinner!"

Both brothers fled, streams of tears left in their wake.

Tsunade eyed Nikko's lank arm which dangled by her side. "You're injured."

"No; Neji-san did this. So...I couldn't escape." Nikko admitted. 

"Doesn't seem like it helped much. Where is he?"

"He allowed me to come out." Nikko replied, looking up at the sky, "But I'm past my curfew."

Tsunade chuckled and collected her fallen jacket and slung it over her arm. "Come on. I have a mess to clean up."

Shikamaru and Nikko followed the Fifth Hokage through the city until reaching the border wall. There Nikko could see just how many enemies there were, she sucked in a tight breath. Casualties. Many Konoha Jonin had fallen on account of her. She was set down, Shikamaru clasping her hand tightly. "You okay?" He asked.

"No. No! They're dead...because of me, Shika-kun." Nikko bit her lip. 

Among the dead were quite a number of samurai clad warriors, all carrying varying sizes of swords. Kakashi, Lee, TenTen, Choji and Ino were busy fighting. Nikko looked around but didn't see Hinata. "Oh no..Hinata-san isn't here," she said.

Tsunade jerked her thumb over. There, after palm striking a female samurai was one Hinata Hyuuga. She was utilizing Byakugan, and as her foe dropped, she sighed and wiped away sweat. Nikko jogged over to her. "Hinata-san! You're okay!"

Hinata's light eyes widened. "Eh..? Utsuri-san, Shikamaru-kun, you're alright. I'm so glad." A smile lit up her face. Seeing Nikko's lank arm she said, "Uhm..if it's okay with you, Utsuri-san, I can fix your arm."

Nikko grinned. "Yes! Please, I'd love to have two arms again."

With a shy grin, Hinata's brows lowered as she focused on invisble chakra lines within Nikko's body. She was surprised; Nikko had two sets. She'd never seen so many pathways before--all tied to her heart. Hinata ignored her observations and tapped Nikko's wrist. She saw the chakra flow once more down her arm.

"Man! Much better--ow!" Nikko's arm cut began to throb in agony. She winced, gave Hinata and thumbs up, and said, "...Yep. Oh! Now that I can use my Time Jutsu...I can fix this mess."

"Eh?" Hinata asked.

Shikamaru quickly gave her a frown. "Nikko-chan, you shouldn't..."

The girl shook her head. "It's fine. I can save these people, Shika-kun. Don't be alarmed, okay?"

Tsunade who had heard the conversation raised a brow. The Hokage was curious to see Utsuri Nikko in action and see how she compared to Hana Utsuri. Her golden eyes watched Nikko bite her thumb and perform the Time jutsu hand seals. 

So, she's going to reverse time, Tsunade thought with amusement. Nikko was more noble than she gave her credit for.

Time slowed to a snail like pace before flowing backward. The dome perimeter Nikko used stretched her ability to it's full, encapsulating the entire town--and she fell to her knees to keep it steady. "Ha..ha.." Nikko strained, as time began to reverse. A translucent version of herself extended out, a ghost of her own actions redoing everything. 

I have to save these ninja, she told herself. 

And so Nikko used lots of her chakra reversing time. She kept the jutsu flowing until seeing that everyone was still alive. Then, she immediately released it.

Shikamaru was no longer beside her. 

Nikko stood, waiting at the gates for the samurai to make their big entrance. At the first sounds of combat she froze time. "Ha...ha...just, a little more," she told herself.

Pulling Idate's knife from her person she climbed the guard wall and jumped over, seeing fifty samurai just waiting to attack. Among them ones she'd already fought. Nikko hopped down and went over, "...It will be a lot of kills..." 

Still.

Nikko carefully began to slit each samurai's throats, giving them an apologetic look beforehand. The amount of guilt she felt was only overpowered by the need to save the fallen shinobi of Konoha, so she kept her killing spree going until not seeing any more enemies. 

By that time she was spent, and fell over in complete and utter exhaustion.

Naruto, who had just fought Megumi Uwata, made way to Konoha with Kiba, Akamaru and Shino. Just beyond the gates lay of slew of dead samurai. Among them, lying in the center on her side was Nikko Utsuri.

"Nikko-chan!" Naruto shouted, half stumbling to get to her. His blue sandals slid in the dirt before reaching her. Carefully he lifted her into his arms, giving her a shake. Her head lolled. "Dammit. Nikko-chan!"

He saw her lungs rising. 

Kiba and Shino made it over to them, Kiba whistling. "Holy hell. Did she do all this?"

"...Utsuri Nikko is a formidable shinobi," Shino remarked. 

Beside her lay Idate Morino's knife. Naruto gathered it as well as her form and made for Konoha's gates. 

 *****

(Here's a potential future version of Nikko with Naruto. Unsure if I'll keep this design but eh.)

 

 

 

 

4