[36] Hinata & the Hot Spring?! Gaara’s Surprise!
125 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[36]

 

"What're you doing here, billboard brow?" Ino said, arranging her flowers. Yamanaka Flowers had just been repaired after the prisoners Raijun and Fujin tore it apart, and Ino was once more stuck at work while her team mates trained. 

Sakura had just walked in looking a little down spirited. Ino was used to her depressive episodes, and as she expected, Sakura's fire roared to life at her insult. "Can it, Ino pig!"

"Heh. The only pig around here is you." She stuck out her tongue, "Bleh!"

"Grrr....will you shut up for once! I'm not here to argue with you." Sakura took a deep calm breath. "I'm actually here for...Naruto-kun."

"Eh? Naruto-kun? What's up with him?" 

"Ever since Nikko-chan...kinda dumped him, he's been down. I thought some flowers would help him feel better." Sakura sighed and shuffled her feet. She expected Ino to have a remark about that but her rival remained quiet for a time. Finally, she replied, "It might. Come to think of it, Shikamaru-kun has been acting off too."

"Shikamaru-kun? Is he sick?" 

"Yeah. Love sick." Ino sighed and tossed a flower down onto the counter. "That girl, Nikko Utsuri, has been stealing hearts left and right."

Sakura looked to the flower. At least Sasuke hadn't been stolen, she thought. After that thought came another: What if Sasuke fell for her, too? "I don't get what's so good about her anyway," Sakura remarked, "...Just 'cause she's pretty....I'm prettier than her!"

Ino rolled her eyes. "Sure sure. Anyway, are you going to get some flowers or not?"

"Hmp." 

***

Sakura, followed by Ino, walked down the street with their bouquets of flowers. Ino looked at her selection, Alstroemeria to symbolize her true friendship with Shikamaru, Black Eyed Susans for encouragement and motivation, and red zinnia's for endurance. It was a perfect combination sure to kick start that lazy genius into cheering up, Ino thought smugly. 

Meanwhile..

"You always choose the same flower!" Ino rebuked. 

Sakura's one Freesia flower stood alone. She quickly hid it behind her back, "I--I just couldn't decide!"

The two were arguing so loud they only stopped when they heard a feminine laughter. Their eyes flew to where it came from, seeing Nikko and Neji sitting on a bench. They looked like the perfect pair. A painting from lands far away--- Ino clenched her flowers. "Look!"

Sakura's eyes widened. Neji Hyuuga was opening a bottle of juice for the lovely heart breaker, Nikko. She thanked him, saying, "I loosened it up for you."

"Perhaps." Neji replied.

Ino and Sakura seethed. Yet another guy snatched up by her. "Just look at her! Acting all high class! Pretty soon, there won't be any guys left!"

Ino pushed Sakura towards her, saying, "Go! Give her a piece of your mind!"

...And Sakura was pushed just before her. Nikko looked up from her drink, saw Sakura, and flushed. "Oh! Sakura-san!"

Sakura gave a nervous laugh. "Ah ha ha...fancy running into you here."

"It's been a long time. Since...the Land of Tea," Nikko replied. Her gem eyes looked away as sadness filled them. Sakura's mind recalled Idate's death and how Nikko had mourned over him. She had taken awhile to recover, and only because Naruto had cheered her spirits. At that moment Sakura decided that she needed to get those two back together. That way....that way Nikko couldn't steal any more hearts. It was the perfect plan. 

"Yeah. The Land of Tea. Gosh, that's been ages ago." Sakura laughed, "Say...are you busy tonight?"

"Eh? M-Me?" She pointed to herself.

"Yeah! Me and Ino-chan thought it would be a great idea to have a girls night." She smiled brightly, "You, me, Ino and Hinata at the hot spring! What do you say?"

Nikko blinked. Clearly she wasn't expecting that at all, and looked to Neji. He gave her a tiny smile and nod. "It may do you some good. And give you a chance to gossip."

She shoved him, "I don't gossip, Neji-kun."

"Are you sure you're a girl?" He teased. 

Sakura almost dropped her flower. Neji Hyuuga was flirting---it was news worth sharing---but even more, he looked so happy beside her. Sakura knew at that moment he was in love. Hurriedly she said, "Come by tonight. 9pm sharp. Okay?"

"Well...if you're sure. Okay, then. I'll be there." 

***

As Nikko prepared for her first girl's night ever, Ino and Sakura concocted the perfect plan. All they needed was one thing:

*knock knock*

"Hm? Hey, Sakura-chan, Ino-chan. What the heck're you guys doing here?

Naruto looked bad. Like, the not-showered-in days bad. He yawned, which made Ino and Sakura hold their breath. "Ew! Naruto-kun, you're disgusting!"

"Leave me alone." He snapped. He was about to shut the door again but Sakura stuck her foot in the crack of the frame. "Not so fast! We're here for a very special, one in a life time opportunity."

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

Finally she had his attention. Sakura and Ino then began to discuss their plan, which included one fox boy....

Nine o'clock arrived.

Nikko got into her clogs and waved to Neji, who grabbed her wrist at the last second. With a squeeze he said, "...Don't be scared. I'm sure they're nervous, too."

"You knew. Am I so easy to read?" She asked, flustered. Neji merely smiled and turned away. "...If you know how to read." Was his parting answer.

Nikko left the Hyuuga Clan and wondered why she didn't leave with Hinata, after all, they were going to the same place. Perhaps Hinata was already there, she figured. With that in mind Nikko hurried along, swinging her bag onto her shoulder a little higher. She'd brought a towel, lotion, and tea to drink. She had no idea what to bring and didn't have the typical things, so it would have to do. She just hoped she didn't embarrass herself too badly.

A figure was waiting by the hot spring. As she went nearer, she could make out Hinata's form. She was wearing her normal shinobi gear. Nikko briefly wondered if Hinata was even going to strip down, and said, "..Hey. You made it here before I did."

"Oh, yeah. I uhm, I ran," Hinata said hoarsely.

"Everything okay? You sound a bit...sick."

She waved her arms wildly. "Fine! Fine! I'm just fine. Don't worry about me--why don't we just go ahead while we wait for them?"

"...Sure. Okay."

Nikko followed Hinata to the changing room within the hot spring. She looked around; the entire place was vacant. Weird. "I wonder where everyone else is. Sakura-chan and Ino-chan...should've been here by now."

"I'm sure nothing is wrong! Maybe they just...went to get snacks."

With a shrug, Nikko took off her kimono. As she rummaged through her bag she dropped her lotion and bent over to pick it up. Behind her there was a clattering sound, and she turned to see Hinata on her butt. Her face was flushed bright red. "You okay? We've not even got into the water yet and you're red." Nikko teased.

"...Ah ha ha..." Hinata gulped and leapt up. "I'm feelin' pretty good, actually. The best I've felt in days."

"If you say so."

Nikko watched as Hinata struggled to undo the zipper of her jacket. She tugged and tugged but it wouldn't budge. "C'mon, you dumb thing!"

"Here, let me help you." Nikko calmly zipped it back up and back down, releasing the stuck portion. She gave Hinata a reassuring smile. "Us girls have to help each other, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, totally! I uh, couldn't have said it better myself."

Nikko raised her hand to Hinata's forehead. "Hm. You don't have a fever. Are you feeling okay? You're acting a little strange."

"Fine! Let's go get in the water while we wait."

Hinata bolted out of the changing room and cannon balled right into the steaming water. Nikko, with a raised hand, blinked in bewilderment. Perhaps Hinata was the type of person who could feel free to be herself when alone, she mused. Oh well. 

Nikko dipped her feet into the steaming water. The mist from the water rose and gave her skin a dewy glow as she lowered into it. "Ah. This is so nice! Don't you agree, Hinata-chan?"

"Yup. This is the best. Up there with ramen," she replied. "Ramen?" Nikko piqued, "You like ramen?" 

"Er--I uh, love it. Yep! AH HA HA. Oh no, what's that?" 

Nikko looked to where Hinata was pointing, not seeing anything through the steaming fog. "...I don't see anything."

"My bad."

Nikko lowered her nose to the water, blowing bubbles from her mouth. She was sure Hinata had to have eaten some strange food to be acting so oddly, but didn't press the issue. As the effects of the hot spring relaxed her mind, she asked, "How...is Naruto?"

"He's doing great! You know, going on missions and stuff." Hinata nodded. "Seems like he's totally, completely over you. Uh, no offense or anything."

"..."

Nikko cupped water in her hands and stared at her reflection. "I see," she mumbled. "That's...great." At least one of them was, she thought. 

"W-Why do you ask? Are you interested in him or something?"

"...It doesn't matter, now." Was her depressed answer. She leaned her head on the side of the rocks and stared through the steam up into the night sky, pondering everything that had happened since she had entered the body of Ichikashima no mikoto. "Have you ever...felt like you don't belong, Hinata-chan?" She asked hesitantly.

Hinata waded over beside Nikko, blinking. "That's...probably something everyone has felt, right?"

"True. Maybe more so, for someone like me." With a sad smile Nikko shut her eyes.

"...What uh, makes you bring that up?" Hinata asked.

This was the part where girls confessed feelings and gossiped about guys, Nikko thought. It must be my turn. "Well...truthfully, I don't feel like I'll ever belong anywhere."

"That isn't true. You belong here, with us."

"You're only saying that to be nice. I'm not who I claim to be, Hinata-chan. The girl you see...she's a lie." Nikko threw her head back and chuckled at the ridiculous predicament she called life. "...Here, I'm a beautiful girl...but truly," she sought to stare at Hinata, who's white eyes were wide, "truly, I'm not Nikko Utsuri. I like you Hinata-chan. You're pure hearted and will one day...be great. The one who stands beside you will be Naruto. I'm sure of it."

"Naruto and...Hi--me? Eh?! No way!"

Hinata sprung up from the water. The towel around her fell down, and she squeaked, "I totally like Kiba-kun! It's uh, true! You've got to believe me!"

Nikko giggled at the girls flushed cheeks. She flicked Hinata with water, "Okay, okay. Whatever you say."

Finally Hinata calmed down and leaned against the rock wall, looking over at Nikko. She squint her eyes. "Say, you said you aren't Nikko Utsuri. Just who are you then?"

"Haha! Nana--call me Nana. O-Only when know one is around, okay? It'll be our secret!" She held out her pinky finger, and Hinata looked at her hand a moment before shaking on it. "Okay. Our...secret."

"Hehe. Want to know another secret, Hinata-chan?"

Immediately the girl responded by closing the distance and leaning her ear near Nikko's mouth. With a giggle Nikko whispered, "....Naruto...will be the seventh Hokage."

"EH!"

Hinata's limbs flew left and right before grabbing Nikko's tightly. "You--! Can you see into the future or something like that?"

"...No," Nikko replied. She swallowed a lump in her throat. "...but I have saw it with my own eyes. Once. When...I was Nana."

"...."

"Sorry, sorry, I'm probably worrying you right about now. Forget what I said, okay?" 

"...No. I won't forget." Hinata replied. She looked down her nose at Nikko, who quickly grew surprised by the deep expression of such a pure hearted girl. Hinata reached for Nikko's cheek, stroking down the side of her pale skin and added, "...You knew all along."

"Hm? Knew all along...what?" Nikko's cheeks were turning crimson and it had nothing to do with the hot water and all to do with the soft hand touching her cheek. 

"...From the beginning, when...at that time, you...chose him, knowing he would be Hokage."

"It's true. A-At first...I avoided Naruto and his team. B-because I didn't want to be drug into all the trouble it would cause. But...Gaara-san had me come here. So...of course, I needed the strongest person around to stay alive..." Nikko realized she was rambling about things Hinata had no clue about and clamped her mouth shut. 

With a little press, Hinata's breast where pushing Nikko's. She lifted her chin up. "Then, did you ever really love Naruto?"

"Eh?"

"Did you ever...love Naruto? Or was it all because he would be Hokage?"

When Nikko didn't answer the question Hinata wrapped her arms around Nikko and pleaded. "Tell me. Please..."

"H-Hinata-chan...." 

Seeing that such a sweet soul was hurting, thinking Nikko had done Naruto wrong, Nikko explained: "Listen to me. I never stopped loving him. H-How could I not love...such a big dummy? He...he's the one who...has helped me the most. I'll never stop loving him. He's everywhere I go---I want to see him again--" Nikko's bottled up feelings erupted and she sobbed, clinging to Hinata for support. "Naruto--why did it have to be like this--!"

All was quiet except for the sounds of Nikko's tears. 

Until, that is, Hinata smoothed away Nikko's green bangs which stuck to her glossy lips, and abruptly kissed her. "Mnp!" 

It was warm and soft, and altogether wrong---

Nikko broke away panting. "H--Hinata--" She didn't get to say more for Hinata shoved her against the wall and gave her a passionate kiss, this one rougher, harder. 

All of Nikko's senses pooled into that moment, and she whimpered, wrapping her hand into Hinata's dark hair and pulling her deeper. The strange mixture of shame and desire fueled her to part her mouth and taste Hinata's lips. They were sweet and wet with her saliva, and Hinata grasped her lower back, drawing their chests as hard as they could go. 

In her mind Nikko overlapped that familiar passion with Naruto, wishing it were him who was touching her. As their tongues flicked about, Hinata drew her hand down until it met Nikko's pelvis, rubbing it. "Agn~" 

It was so much like Naruto that Nikko half sobbed as she gave into that illusion.

Then the spell was broken--

"--H-Hinata-chan--s-stop this--" Nikko cried, pulling free. She held her hand to her chest and tried to breathe correctly. "...What's gotten into you?"

"..." 

"What...is it? Are you okay?"

"I...I..." Hinata clenched her teeth. "...Sorry. I just...lost my mind." Before Nikko could react she had climbed out of the hot water and vanished. Nikko rose up and cried out, "Hinata-chan!"

It was too late. Hinata was gone.

***

Naruto transformed back into himself and sagged against the alley wall before punching it. "Dammit!" He'd went there hoping for answers and only had more questions. Who the hell was Nana? How did Nikko--Nana, know he will be the seventh Hokage? If she loved him, why did she act like he had a plague?

He squatted down and held his fingers in his hair, giving a thorough shake to his blonde head. "She still loves me. What am I supposed to do?"

With more thinking which ended him with a throbbing head, he stood. "Tch! I'm tired of this! If ANYONE is gonna be by my side, it's gonna be Nikko!" Naruto took off running down the street, heading for the Hyuuga clan.

***

Nikko arrived back home. Somehow. She wasn't sure, but as her foot landed on the top step, Neji slid open the door. "...What happened? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"It's...nothing. Did Hinata-chan make it back?"

He looked over his shoulder. "Yes. She went to bed a few moments ago." Neji's silver eyes glinted. "Was it not a girl's night?"

"Right as always. Sakura-san and Ino-san didn't come. It was just me and...Hinata-chan." Her cheeks bloomed, still recalling the passion of the pure Hyuuga girl like a stain that wouldn't come out. 

"I see." 

Nikko went inside only to hear, "HEY! HEY HEY HEYYY!"

She swiveled and saw Naruto leaning on the front gate. He waved wildly to her, "Nikko!"

"W-What are you doing here?" Nikko asked, fearful. Neji brushed past her, jumped to the gate, and said, "Get lost."

"No, I won't get lost! Not without talking to Nikko first!"

The girl in questions huddled herself. It was haunting how she had just been talking about him and he'd shown up. "Naruto...you should go back," she told him.

"Why won't you look at me anymore?" He asked, having to crane around Neji's form to see her, "We need to talk and sort this out!"

Quickly she shook her head. "...I'm sorry."

"Multishadow clone jutsu!" 

Neji and Nikko watched as one hundred Naruto's popped up all over the place. She gasped, turned, and fled down the long hallway. "No!"

But it was too difficult to outrun so many clones. They closed in behind, "Wait! Don't run, please! Nikko!"

"We can't, Naruto--please, just leave," Nikko begged. She stopped walking and three of them collided into each other and fell at her feet. Nikko glanced away from them and added, "I'm...a lost cause."

"That's not true, dammit! We belong together and you know it! Why can't you just admit that!" 

One clone grabbed her ankle and she shrieked, "Neji-kun!"

He was there in a moment's time--sliding down the hall in his obi socks--and disabled the clones who then went 'poof' one by one. Neji yanked her to him. "It's okay. He won't harm you."

Another clone ran down the hallway. When the clone saw Neji holding Nikko, he shouted, "Get your damn hands off her!"

"Naruto, stop! We can't be together!" Nikko told him, "The Nine Tailed Fox...he'll come out!"

The clone stopped short. Neji, seeing it pause, quickly swept it's feet out and palm struck the clone in the chest. It went, 'poof'. Both waited for more clones, but they didn't come. Finally it had ended.

***

Gaara

 

"Lord Gaara! You've returned!"

Gaara carefully dropped down from his platform of sand just outside Sunas' gates. He looked down at the bundle in his arms, sighing. His journey to the Sound Village had ended with nothing but dead ends. Except..

All except for the baby he saved.

 

 

2