Chapter 2 Lowly Bugs
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 Lowly Bugs

 

King wakes up to a room by himself with a splitting headache, he shifts his head towards Ash's bed. Gone, King gets up in a flash, gets dressed immediately tumbling around the room knocking everything over, and leaps out the second-story window searching for Ash.

Running on the rooftops, he hears a rough-sounding voice threaten: "You, surrender or we will put you down!"

Second bounty hunter barks: "If we turn you in we will support our kids for generations!"

King jumps down to find Ash over an unconscious woman and an aura burning the ground around him like lava touching nature. The hunters fail to notice the ever-growing circle of fire just thinking about what they could do with all the money they are going to get.

He leaps into action talking into Ash's ear: "Ash keep it together, or else you are going to get me and the women killed. Don't worry I will handle this."

Ash begins to control his temper and falls to his knees with the pain of fire burning into his eyes. King begins by snapping his fingers, one of the three bounty hunters' heads explode. Then dashes at speeds that break the sound barrier and stops in front of one, killing him from the sheer force of the wind.

Turns his head to the last bounty hunter, his face contorted a wicked smile: "Tell the other bounty hunters if they ever look at us I will rip their heart out and burn it in front of them, now run."

King's eyes burned bright with fire.

The last bounty hunter runs away in such shock that he is vomiting while running. A view that pleases King to no end, so much so he starts to laugh.

King letting a roar come out: "That never gets old don't you think Ash, wait, who is that woman anyway and why is she unconscious."

Ash is still in pain trying to hold back to the best of his abilities: "She was hit by one of those pieces of garbage and I came because she said my name before falling into the unconscious state."

King was confused but thinking wasn't always his strong suit. Ash told King to pick her up because he needed to focus on keeping his eyes under control. He hauled her over his shoulder.

They went back to the tavern just to be yelled at by the sweet barkeep and her mother. They forgot to tell them they were leaving and didn't drop the key off so they couldn't get into the room without the spare key.

She gave both of them an earful, not letting King get a word in: "How dare you walk back in here after stealing the key and not tell us you were leaving!"

She was cut off by Ash who is looking more and more malicious: "I don't have time for this, take this money and let us through damn it."

His eyes started to glow red under the black blindfold and he threw 20 gold coins which are about a brand new house worth. Ash inched by straining in every step.

King took the older-looking woman upstairs who was still unconscious but breathing.

King picked up a few coins on the nightstand: "Hey Ash, I am going to walk around town a bit. Do you want anything?"

Ash calmly as he could: "No, I am perfectly fine, go enjoy yourself. I am going to try to figure out who she is and why she knows my name."

King said in a hurry trying to leave and go have fun: "Well alright, see you, have fun with whatever you are doing."

King closes the door with a slam which almost knocks the door off its hinges. Finching from the force of the door being slammed, he takes a deep breath, or else he will level this whole town.

Ash then sits down and relaxes, still keeping his eyes in check. Soon after the old lady wakes from her sleep to see a guy looming over her with power seeping out like a poison gas if inhaled.

The lady ask still discombobulated, "Where am I and how did I get here?"

Ash answered with haste trying not to let his power out: "I will be asking the questions, how did you know my name, who are you and answer before my temper gets the better of me."

Old but fairly fit lady feels her head to where the point she got hit at: "It's because you are my son of course but your father took you while I was recovering, the moment I felt that aura it had to be you."

Ash hides his surprise under question: "But how do I know you are not lying? And wait, how did you feel my aura? I know basic mages can feel it but you are an old lady."

The lady gets up and hugs Ash tightly, holding a firm grasp: "I know you never had one of these from your father, I know you are my son Ash. Now how I know is simple, I was a hero, saving the world. It was your father who was the person trying to destroy the world. Also the gods but when we saw each other, we didn't want to fight anymore. It was love or so I thought, I had you and he took you away in the dead of night."

Ash started to cry but his power stabilized because it wasn't anger, it was a relief. He had a mother who loved him, a parent who loved him. When King got back from his partying around the town Ash told him and was so relieved when he saw a smile on Ash's face.

He gave Ash a hug: "You are my brother I will always be there for you even when I am not needed. I am here. All you have to do is ask."

Ash nodded saying his thanks to King, turned around to tell his mom what he planned to do: "Mother, I need to get revenge for what he did to us so I am going to look for him."

Ash's mom told him holding a face that doesn't match the answer: "I know no one can touch you but keep it under control. I know hatred burns deep down inside you just be careful or your loved one might get hurt."

Ash gave his mother a last hug and left going down the wooden stairs where the mother and her daughter were cleaning up the place. Ash went to her and said sorry he had personal reasons.

Ash and King were walking out the front door: "I will take my leave and go."

The bartender's daughter tugged on Ash's coat and with a smile: "This is for you, please come back again."

She smiled at Ash and pointed her tongue at King and laughed at him.

King let out a little chuckle: "You really are a cutie."

They both left with a smile on their face and kept walking to go find Ash's father and get revenge.

0