Chapter 8
1.5k 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1.

I wanted to run. I wanted to run back home, lock myself in my room, and never come to school again. Why was she here?! Why?! What did she want to do to me now? I almost felt like I was going to pee myself.

“Are you the witch that cursed Amy?” Melanie asked.

The sorceress looked over at me. “Amy? It’s a nice way to shorten Amanda. I like it.”

Melanie slammed her fist on the desk. “Answer the question!”

The sorceress made a tsk noise over and over again. “A witch? Is that what she told you I was? I’m a sorceress, young lady.”

“Why are you here?”

“It just so happens that when Mr. Malski retires at the end of the year, I’m taking over. I’m familiarizing myself with the office today.”

I finally found my voice. “Did you do this just to watch me, Steve and Dean?”

She was still smirking, but she shook her head. “Not at all, Amy. I was selected for a few specific reasons. I’m qualified, I’m a hard worker, and Mr. Malski happens to be my father.”

That was confusing. When I first met this woman, she looked like she was eighty. “A-what?”

“If you thought the old woman who greeted you and Steve last Friday was what I really looked like, you’re mistaken. It’s just a form I take whenever I see people doing something illegal. They generally find it amusing to be caught by a frail old woman. You should have seen young Mr. Garnet when he was greeted by an elderly woman he never knew lived next door to him.”

“What all did you do to him as a punishment?”

She closed her eyes and sighed. “You still believe these to be punishments? That’s a very false belief, Ms. Richards.”

“Then what is this? What’s the point behind changing me into a girl or taking away Dean’s basketball skills or doing nothing to Steve?”

“Your life was written on your face the moment I met you. You had little drive for yourself, you liked to please your friends and family, you didn’t want, like a normal human being. Steve didn’t think anything for anyone, and mostly cared for himself, he wouldn’t have cared if he was left alone by everyone around him. Dean was a jock who believed he had the right do whatever he wanted, such as when he and his friends committed the panty raid. You think this is a curse, Amanda, but you’re wrong.”

“Whaddya mean?” I asked.

“These are challenges.”

2.

I sat there feeling a little dumbfounded. Challenges? Seriously? Was this woman as out of her mind as I felt she was? “What are you talking about?”

“This all sounds crazy,” Melanie said, folding her arms under her breasts. “How could these be challenges?”

The sorceress - Ms. Malski, I guess - sat back further in her seat. Her smile didn’t leave her face, and I wanted to punch it. “Dean needs to overcome his belief that a ‘sissy’ is just a weakling. When you see him out in the hallway a little later, you’ll see he’s done nothing to accept that idea at all.”

How would Dean look now? He was just playing basketball poorly when I saw him on Sunday, was he visibly feminine now?

She continued, “Steve needs to overcome his selfishness. I’m all but certain that had he told you what you were getting into that night, you would have stayed at home. Instead, he held that information back from you and forced you to help him.”

Overcome his selfishness? Steve wasn’t overly selfish, at least no more than any other teenager. And I really could say no, even when he doesn’t tell me what we’re doing. I just don’t, because he’s my friend.

The bell rang, we had five minutes to get to class. “Alright, girls, time for you to get to your classes.”

I stood up. “Wait, what’s my challenge?”

She ignored my question. “Amanda, you’ll find that your teachers have been told about your situation. They believe you’ve had gender reassignment surgery, but you’re allowed to use the girls’ restrooms and locker rooms. I imagine there’ll be a little bit of gossip about you over the next few days, but don’t worry too much about it.”

“What’s my challenge?” I asked again, but she stood up and walked past us. Melanie and I stared at one another for a second, then followed her out into the hallway.

3.

My first class of my last week of school with at least a little masculinity. Granted, I was also having my first period at the same time, but even though Little Adam was tiny, he was still there for a little bit longer. Didn’t give me a bulge, I noticed. Sigh…

My first class was algebra. Mrs. Williams was the teacher, and she gave me a somewhat disgusted look when I walked into the room. Nobody else seemed to care that where Adam Richards was, Amanda Richards replaced him. How are girls who used to be boys referred to? Trans-girls? You’d think a trans-girl showing up out of the blue would be at least noteworthy to them.

I walked my desk and sat down, waited for Mrs. Williams to take role call. I heard somebody behind me whispering to somebody else, which actually relieved me. Better to be the subject of whispers than of silence.

Much to my surprise, nothing about class changed. I don’t know why I thought it would, considering I was just as decent at algebra as I was when I was a boy. I almost fell asleep in the middle of class, which could have been related to my change, I wasn’t sure.

When the bell rang, I gathered up my stuff like I always did. Something about this all just felt too normal. Why wasn’t somebody jumping up and shouting “Adam’s a crossdresser!” or something like that?

As I went to stand up, I nearly collided with Jake Matthews. “Whoa,” he said, quickly stepping out of the way. “You okay?”

I flashed a slight smirk. “Yeah, just… Today’s been weird.”

He nodded. “Um… Adam, right?”

I shook my head. “Not so much anymore.”

“What name did you pick?”

I didn’t pick it, but… “Amanda.”

He chuckled. “That about makes sense. People have been talking about you all day.”

This was the first class of the day, man. “Really? Nobody’s said a whole lot to me.”

“I bet a lot of people got it out of the systems on Sunday. That’s when I noticed you.”

Really? People saw me on Sunday at that basketball game? Holy shit, and I thought I was being really low profile. Who noticed me?! “You saw me at the game?”

“Yeah. You were hanging on to Steve’s arm, I noticed.”

What?! “Huh? I wasn’t hanging onto his arm.”

“Not literally, but you two were sitting together, and he had his arm around you a few times.”

Did he? Had I let him put his arm around me? Why would I have let him do that? Then again, I do kinda remember asking him to move his arm at least once. Crap, was I basically flirting with him on Sunday? “Did I look like I enjoyed it?”

He shrugged. “I dunno. You didn’t seem to mind. Why?”

I shook my head. “Not important. I’m just… It’s been a busy weekend.”

I walked out into the hallway and was immediately struck by a surprising sight, and I knew exactly why nobody had laughed at me since I got to school. Dean Garnet, standing at his locker, wearing a light blue blouse and a flower print skirt and a pair of sandals. His buddies were snickering at him from a couple lockers away, and he looked very red-faced.

Wow, when Ms. Malski said he’d be a sissy, she wasn’t kidding. He was even holding his books like a girl did - like I was doing, actually - and he’d done an even better job shaving his legs than I had. What in the moist barrel of fucks?!

4.

My next class was a test. A big test. It’s the same test that I’m sure every transgender person has to go through (though not in the same way that Ido), especially if they’re a teenager. I took a deep breath, then took the plunge…

...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the girls’ locker room looked exactly like the boys’ locker room. Exactly the same, except that there were no urinals in the restroom that was off to the side. It smelled a little different, because the boys’ locker room smelled like boy sweat, while the girls’ locker room seemed to smell more like hair spray.

I walked into the locker room like someone about to walk on hot coals. How would they react to me? Clearly my “transition” was well-known, or at least known enough. How would this go? How would this work? Crap, crap, crap, crap...

“So, did you really get a sex change, or are you just good at crossdressing?” Emily Clarke asked. I spun around and saw her standing there, topless, no bra whatsoever, just wearing a pair of tiny, tiny gym shorts. Four days ago, I’d be staring at her breasts because they were a pair of naked breasts in front of me. Now, I was comparing them to my breasts. “Hey, Richards, my eyes are up here.”

Dammit! Dammit! “Sorry, I was just…”

“Staring at my boobs? Yeah, I noticed.”

I sighed. “Not the way you think.”

“Whatever. You’re still a boy, obviously.”

Shake your head, shake your head, shake your head, shake your head, shake your head

I folded my arms under my breasts. “No, I’m not. I wasn’t staring at your boobs because I like looking at them, I was staring at your boobs because you’re bigger than me, and I was comparing myself to you.”

“Yeah, right. I’ll believe that when I see it.” She poked me in the left breast. Then again. Then again. It was hurting already because my breasts were really tender, but three pokes later, it was getting annoying. Then she suddenly grabbed me by the breast, and I kinda screeched and pulled back.

“What the hell?!” I screamed, my face turning red. Everyone was suddenly surrounding us.

“Okay, those feel really real. How the hell did you do that?”

“They are real!”

How?”

Oh God, oh crap, oh nonononononononono… Why would I need to explain this on my first day? Why? What mean, rude, ridiculous God would make me explain this?! And on my first day!

“It’s obviously hormones,” someone said from behind me. I turned around and saw Shanna Duggan making her way through the crowd of other girls. “There’s a bunch of different kinds of hormones that doctors can prescribe that can cause that much growth in a few days.” She folded her arms under her breasts. “She’s obviously not finished her transition, right, Amy?”

I reached under my shirt and rubbed at my breast, but like I said, I was tender. “Yeah. Almost, but not done.”

Shanna glared at Emily. “See? She’s a girl, just like you and me. Just because she was born a boy doesn’t change anything.”

Emily shook her head. “Whatever.” She looked at me. “You wanna play dress-up and pretend you’re as much of a woman as the rest of us, go ahead. I don’t care. Maybe we’ll even go shopping together some day, since you don’t have too bad a taste in clothes, but don’t stare at my boobs again, understand?”

“Yeah,” I said. I breathed a sigh of relief. Yay! I could get changed now!

“Here,” Shanna said, holding something out for me. It was a sports bra.

“Huh?”

“I already know that Melanie doesn’t have any because I’ve had to loan her one before, so take it.”

“I didn’t even know you knew Melanie.”

“We used to be in the same grade, but I was held back this year. I didn’t need to take gym, I just like to.”

I took it and blushed, again. “Um… Thanks.”

She shook her head. “No prob. It’s a lot more comfortable than just letting your girls flop around while running the track.”

I shook my head. “No, I meant… With Emily.”

She flashed me a smirk. “Hey, my older sister went through this, it’s okay.”

“Your older sister?”

“Yeah, Kristin. She was born Kristopher, but she wasn’t right that way.”

Shanna had only moved to town a couple years ago, and I didn’t know she had a sister, let alone a sister who used to be a brother.

“Kinda like you,” she said.

“Huh?”

She gave me a look. “Seriously? You hadn’t noticed?”

“Noticed what?”

“Melanie told me you’ve never had a girlfriend, and that you always hang around your friend Steve. You do everything with him, and when he asks you to do something, you don’t have a problem doing it. Amy, even when you were Adam, you’ve always been Amy. Now, you’re just becoming who you should have been in the first place, as opposed to who life chose for you to be.”

I sat down on the cement bench in front of the lockers and thought about what she’d said. I looked back on my life as Adam, and I realized one very difficult, very obvious truth.

I really shouldn’t have been Adam.

5.

When I walked out of the locker room, a little self-conscious because of the stupid gym outfit we all had to wear. Boys had it easy, because they got a basic tee-shirt and looser shorts. Girls, on the other hand, got a pair of skimpy shorts and a tank top. It was like boys got to dress athletically, while girls had to dress more provocatively.

Okay, not provocatively, but less athletically than the boys do.

Wow, I think I’m turning into a feminist.

I glanced over at the boys standing around on their half of the gym. The gym attendance was set up so that boys were on one side of the gym (closest to their locker room door) and girls were on the other side of the gym (closer to our locker room door; wow, I’ve used it once and I’m already saying I belong to the girls’ locker room). At first, we were asked to sit down, but eventually, Coach Walker stopped caring and just told us to sound off when he took role call. For the most part, we didn’t even stick to the preset “sides” anymore.

This was no more apparent than when all the boys decided to walk over to our side of the gym and engage in conversations with their friends or girlfriends.

But nobody walked up to me.

I stayed mostly to myself, off to the side. I talked to Shanna a little bit, but she had her own friends to talk to, and I was kinda shy. I mainly just sat there, thinking about my life as Adam. Shanna said that I was the wrong person when I was Adam. Had I really been wrong? I didn’t feel like I’d been wrong. I mean, yeah, I’d never found a girl to date, and I did hang around Steve all the time, but Steve was my friend. And so what if I’d never dated a girl? Not everybody has to go through high school dating, do they?

I sat down on the floor and hugged my knees to my chest. I was doing a lot of that now, but then again, I don’t think I could do that as a boy. Was I the wrong person as Adam?

“Hey, Adam,” someone said. I looked up and saw Steve standing there, looking nervous. “Can we talk, or… Do you want me to go?”

I shook my head. “No. Sit down.”

He nodded, then sat down. “So… How ar - “

I cut him off. “Amanda.”

“Huh?”

“Amanda. My name’s Amanda. Or, Amy, if you want.”

He nodded. “I like Amy. What, uh… What changed?”

Wasn’t right that way, kinda like you

“Was I… Wrong... As Adam?”

He raised an eyebrow. “What?”

33