Chapter 206 – Birthday Plans & First Tier Seal
3.5k 20 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or the Gamer. Please support the official release.


Daichi was in Kensei's library going over various books on the Nara clan. The veteran ninja had collected and recorded information on various clans from all over the world. Their jutsu and fighting styles.

Daichi looked over some of the information and he was impressed. 'There is no way the old man could have gotten these kinds of info without fighting most of them. The information here. It's like a treasure trove.'

The young Genin was looking through two books in particular. One was on the Nara clan and the other on the Yuki clan and Ice Style users.

'The Nara clan uses Yin chakra in a special ratio to create their hidden techniques. Over time their bodies acclimated and they gained a genetic advantage to using their style. But it can be taught to someone outside their clan. In the beginning the Nara clan developed techniques to hunt animals but over time they realized the battlefield applications and thus several variations of the Shadow jutsu were born. They formed an alliance with the Yamanaka clan and Akimichi clan and helped them with long range support.'

Daichi closed the book and thought about the situation. 'I know how to use the Shadow Imitation Jutsu but if I use it in public, there will be a lot of problems coming my way. Some might even accuse me of stealing clan secrets… Looks like I can only use this jutsu in the dungeons.'

Daichi leaned back in his chair and thought about the enemies he would face in the future.

'In about two weeks Naruto's birthday is coming up. I can't believe it's almost October. And soon March will come by with Naruto's graduation and the start of Canon. And whatever problems that comes Naruto and Sasuke's way would sooner or later become my problem as well. Because why wouldn't it… I'll have to fight guys who can regenerate from near death, immortal zombies, someone with godly eyes and the assholes who put them all in our path. I'm definitely going to kill Obito and Madara. That's a given. But that's easier said than done. How do I get around their Ninjutsu negation plot armor?'

Daichi sighed and looked at the second book on the table. 'I need to find a way to get around their abilities. Sage jutsu is a good way but I need something much more… But that's a few years into the future. I should focus on the here and now.'

Daichi opened the book on the Yuki clan and went through the information written. He noted that a few people outside the clan living in the outskirts of the Mist village and a few living in the Snow country were capable of using Ice Style techniques. He read the notes that his grandfather made about those that can use this Kekkei Genkai and those that can mimic it.

'Kensei theorized that some people can manipulate existing Ice and use Ice Ninjutsu but they would definitely be weaker versions of the real one. The hand seals are pretty much the standard ones. I'll have to start on this soon. I'm looking forward to my next visit to that Academy.'

As Daichi was training, making plans and preparation, others were as well.

A couple days passed by and Daichi headed to the Hokage's office to get a new D Rank mission. As he opened the door he saw Kakashi standing in front of the Hokage. The Jonin turned to look at the boy and waved his hand.

"Yo. How's my favorite Genin?"

"Sensei?! You're back?"

"Yup. Did you miss me?"

Daichi smirked and replied. "You know, oddly enough, yes."

Daichi kept a smiling face but he was inside, he was surprised. 'Kakashi's chakra… It's definitely gotten stronger. Even though he's suppressing his energy, I can tell that he's learned to refine it even more… He must have done some serious training these last few weeks.'

The Genin turned to the Hokage and greeted the old ninja. The two got their D Rank mission and went on their way.

—-

The Rookie 9 minus, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura were together at their favorite spot in the back hills.

"So Naruto's birthday is coming up in a week. Any ideas?" Kiba asked as he sat on top of the tree house.

"We need to formulate a plan fast. Naruto will be coming soon." Shino said as he examined some bugs crawling on the tree near him.

"Don't worry. Sakura is keeping that knucklehead busy. He won't be here for a while. But still, we need to prepare." Ino spoke as she looked at her friends.

"I have an idea." Daichi's voice drew everyone's attention. "First, we need to keep him out of his apartment and busy for the whole day and then surprise him when he comes home in the evening."

Shikamaru sat up from under the tree and looked at the Genin in the group. "Yeah but that's not gonna be easy. Have you forgotten? That day is October 10th. Last year when he and I went out on that day, he got a lot of nasty looks from almost everyone on the streets. He was pretty depressed for the whole day. So I don't think that'll work."

"Yeah, I've been meaning to ask. Why does everyone hate him so much? It's been really bugging me." "Arf arf." Kiba looked to Shikamaru and saw the Nara glance at Daichi. "Do you know something about it, Daichi?" He turned towards the Genin and asked.

The boy sighed and replied. "I do. I figured it out a few years ago. But I can't say."

Kiba and the others frowned at that reply. "Why not?" "Yeah, what's the big deal?"

Daichi was silent for a few moments and then looked at everyone. He had a serious gaze that the Rookies rarely saw. "It's not my place to say. And if I do, there will be serious repercussions."

Shikamaru's eyes slightly narrowed as he looked at his friend. "Does whatever secret you're keeping have to do with his birthday?"

"Shikamaru! That's enough. You've said more than enough." Daichi looked at the boy and inwardly sighed. 'Of course this has to be the topic that gets your lazy butt up and about.'

Everyone saw the tension rising between the two.

"Um.. Guy… Please… Stop. Whatever it is, I'm sure Naruto will tell us." Hinata said, trying to calm the situation down.

Hearing that, Daichi sighed and spoke. "The thing is, I don't think even Naruto knows the reason. He's in the dark about the whole situation just as you all… Look. Just forget about the whole thing, okay? And don't ask him about it and bum him out. Let it go, Shikamaru."

Daichi sighed as he heard the murmured agreement. He continued. "As I was saying, we'll have to keep him out of the apartment. And before you guys say anything, I'll take him here and keep him busy. Nobody comes here that much so that's one problem down."

"Oh! We need to set up decorations in his apartment."

Daichi nodded. "Yeah. But it's a mess. Once I get him out of the apartment, I'll make a few clones to clean the whole place."

"You don't have to do it alone. We'll help you." Kiba said as he placed his hand on Shino's shoulder.

"And why would I do that?" The young Aburame student raised an eyebrow at his friend's decision.

"Come on. I don't like it either, but it's for Naruto. And besides, with how all the junk is piled up in his apartment, you might even discover a new species of bugs…" The young Inuzuka chuckled and said to his friend.

"I know you're making a joke, Kiba. But the way the trash is accumulated at his place, you might be right. Fine. I'll help you." A small bug flew away from the top of Shino's finger as he turned to look at Daichi.

"Excellent. Thanks Kiba, Shino." Daichi smiled at the two. He then turned to Ino and Hinata. "Ok. You two are in charge of decorations. Unless it's not already well established, Naruto likes Orange. But you can add a lil yellow and red in there too. Go nuts…"

Ino's eyes sparkled in excitement while Hinata smiled. "Ohh I have so many ideas."

"Choji, you'll be in charge of the cake. Can I trust you with that?"

"Yup. I got it."

"Oh, and I've already talked to Sakura about this. She'll help you with the other foods and snacks."

The Akimichi nodded and Daichi then turned to Shikamaru. "You're in charge of invites. There aren't many people that like him so your list is short."

Shikamaru sighed and spoke. "Let me guess. Iruka sensei, the Ramen guy and his daughter."

"And the Third Hokage." Daichi said in a nonchalant tone.

The Nara's eyes widened when he heard that. "You want me to go to the Hokage tower and invite the Hokage of the Leaf village to a birthday party? You realize he'll be busy with plenty of other important stuff that day, right."

The young Genin smiled seeing the tired expression on his friend's face. "Its not just any birthday party. Its Naruto's birthday party. And it'll mean a lot to him. You know how he talks about the Hokage."

The Nara looked at the boy and gave a long, tired sigh. "Argh. Fine. Whatever."

"That's the spirit. And besides, I have a feeling Lord Hokage will show up."

The group of seven made their plans and soon everyone went their separate way.

Shikamaru and Choji were going in the same direction and halfway home Choji asked his friend something that's on his mind. "What did you mean when you asked Daichi if Naruto's birthday had something to do with the people not liking him?"

"I'm not sure 100%. But I have some ideas. Unfortunately I'm not gonna say anything more till I'm certain. If Daichi is right and there really is some big conspiracy, then I don't want you to get into trouble." Shikamaru replied.

"But you're gonna keep looking into this aren't you?" Choji looked at his thin friend with a serious gaze.

"I would love to say no… but yeah… Such a drag… " The Nara kicked a pebble and let out a sigh.

"Good luck."

Choji reached his clan compound and soon Shikamaru was home as well. His mind was on the conversation he had with Daichi and the way the villagers look at his friend. He remembered the words people spoke about Naruto behind his back.

Shikamaru was eating dinner lost in his thoughts and his father and mother noticed it.

"Everything alright Shikamaru?" Shikaku asked his son.

Shikamaru looked at his parents for a few moments and keeping an eye on them both he asked his question. "What connection does Naruto have to the Nine Tailed Beast?"

The startled reaction of his mother and the stoic face of his father told Shikamaru what he needed to know. 'So they know the secret. And it seems I'm right on the money. Naruto does have some connection with the Nine Tailed fox.'

"Shikamaru! Who told-"

"Yoshino! Stop!" Shikaku's firm voice stopped his wife from saying anything else.

He looked at his son and with slightly narrowed eyes spoke. "Shikamaru. I know you care about your friend a great deal. But you need to stop. Just let it go."

The young Nara gave an irritated sigh hearing that. "You sound just like Daichi."

The Jonin commander's eyes slightly widened hearing that. 'So that boy knows.'

He let out a small sigh and spoke in a somewhat kinder tone. "Shikamaru, right now all you need to know is this. Naruto is a good friend. You said so yourself. Nothing more. Nothing less. And his secret... It's a matter of village security. Whatever you think you know, you need to keep it to yourself. And you need to stop looking into it. It's a whole can of worms you do not want to open right now. Do you understand?"

Shikamaru looked at his dad and nodded. "Yes father… May I be excused?"

Shikaku nodded and his son left without another word. The Jonin commander and his wife sat there in silence for a few moments before the man sighed and spoke.

"He's not gonna let this go, is he?"

Yoshino's lips slightly curled as she looked at her husband. "What do you think?"

Shikaku pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "I think this is going to be such a headache."

Yoshino looked back to Shikamaru's seat. "Well, he is our son... You know, I can't help but ponder the frightful headway he'd make if he put this kind of energy into his studies."

The Jonin commander smirked at that statement. The smile slowly wore off as he thought about his next move. 'I need to inform the Hokage about this. So troublesome.'

—-

Daichi was at home in his backyard meditating. He had several clones around him gathering and storing chakra into their seal. Several hours went by and Daichi opened his eyes to the sound of a system message.

[Tier 01 - 25000000/25000000.]

'Fucking finally. About time.'

A grin formed on the boy's face as he looked at the chakra stored. '25 million chakra points. I'll make sure the next one is completed even faster.'

Several other notifications appeared and Daichi began going over them. 'The second Tier huh. Alright. Let's see what it is…'

138