Ch-1: Did I really just transmigrate into a novel?
724 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of water dripping slowly onto a wooden floor echoed through the area. A potent smell of wet iron, with a tinge of blood, and dirt wafted through the air like a plague. Evidence of a years strong stench that seemed to have become one with the room, the smell imbedded in the walls and cells. A young man who appeared to be in his early twenties quietly sat criss crossed, in a cell with his eyes blind folded and his hands tied behind his back. He wasn't able to tell exactly what time it was but he estimated that he had been there for quiet a while.

Time there seemed to pass slowly but he didn't become impatient and instead stayed quite and waited patiently. Using his ears to search his surroundings. He heard running and shouting from up above every now and then. A person impatiently sending orders to get the ship moving. Large objects and impulsive feet movement continued to scuff along thick wood below and above the young man.

The loud hurried sounds lasted for sometime before silence descended. Everything suddenly turned quiet even the sound of water leaking into the room earlier had stilled. Causing the young male to slighted frown as he strained his ears even more, to have some clue to what was happening around him.

The sound of the hill of a boot, clattered against a pair of steps. The pace steady but alarming. Each step inching closer and closer to the door of the cell. Until the movement paused as if checking for any source of life on the other side. The young male reflexively slowed down the sound of his breathing.

Boom!

The door was flung open with some force revealing a man with a purple bandana half way tied around his head. He approached the cell a bit excitedly. "Look at wha' we 'ave here." he spoke with a grin his accent thick. "We done caught us a little thief."

The person imprisoned said nothing as if he didn't here a single word, only slightly moving his gaze towards the door.

"Silent are we." The man shrugged in understanding, not at all offended that the other ignored him. "I'd be the same way if I knew I was goin' t' die." He continued. "Such a pity ye looted from the wrong ship mate." Reaching into his left pocket he pulled out a ring of keys. "Let's get ye out o' here, aye?"

He unlocked the door and grabbed the male by the arms hoisting him up over his shoulders like a sack of potato's. As if the prisoner weighed nothing. Then walked out the cell and left the room. He began to whistle a tune as he quickly climbed up the stairs towards the deck. 

With long dark hair obscuring the prisoners face his expression was completely covered. Hiding his true emotions of disgust and annoyance. He didn't like being touched, especially by strangers. But knowing the predicament he was in he did nothing and stayed calm. Allowing the man to carry him to their destination.

Soon both men approached a cabin on the deck of the ship. The man roughly knocked. "Cap'n!" He called loudly.

A second later a voice responded impatiently from behind the front door. "Come in!"

He opened the door and through the young male inside. Harshly pushing him down on his knees. Causing him to suck in a deep breath as he felt pain rumble from kneecaps through out his legs. 

The man shutting the door behind them.

"This is him?" The person named captain asked coldly. His voice was hoarse yet deep.

"Ye shall see fer yourself Cap'n." He yanked the prisoner by his long locks of hair. Jerking his head backward so the Captain could get a better look at the lad. 

The captain crunched infront of the young male, reaching over to untie the blind fold. Only to then be met with a pair of closed eyes, that didn't stay closed. 

The young man's long lashes slightly quivered as he slowly opened his eyes, lifting his gaze forward onto the man infront of him.

No matter how one looked at it, it was a pair of gorgeous eyes. His eyes seemed to be able to look into a person's soul with just the slightest glance. The ends of his eyes were turned upward like a feline cat. His orbs the color of doubloons, a honeyed-brown gold. His eyelashes long and curvy. Paired with elegant thin narrow eyebrows, that arched gracefully into a beautiful hook. And if you looked carefully you could see a small tear shaped mole near his right eye, that enhanced his look of seduction. His pair of eyes alluring and bewitching to anyone who gazed at them. 

But when the Captain gazed at them they appeared dark as an abyss, imbued with nothing but arrogance. Befitting a spoiled young noble. 

The captain whipped out a wallet of identification and read it out loud. "Bonny Lucia Daniels, age 20." He cocked his head sideways looking down at the prisoner. "Why is a member of a powerful Merchant family stealing from my pirate ship?"

As Bonny was glared down upon, his heart shuttered in befuddlement. 'Did I really just transmigrate into a novel?'

His otta appearance may be Bonny Lucia Daniels, a young rich noble but in truth he was Zhao WuTian. A literature professor who not to long ago was sitting at his computer desk at home, reading a novel called 'Rapture'. While eating a big bag of chips. He had been scrolling on the web reading the end comments of a Xianxia bl cultivation novel he had just finished reading.

Yes a BL novel. One of his favorite genre's. He didn't discriminate against anything or anyone, especially when it came down to reading. He was opened to all kinds of books not letting himself be close off to one particular genre. Besides he himself wasn't straight. But he wasn't gay either so he had zero problem reading boy on boy content or girl on girl content. He read them all.

So just as he rolled to the bottom of the comments, presented underneath was the nets 5 top popular novels that many fans loved. And amongst the 5 books was a novel name 'Rapture' in first place.

Letting his curiosity get the better of him he clicked on it, reading a three sentence summary about the ups and downs of a world with pirates, dragons, and mystical beast. Which didn't present much information revolving around the main idea of the novel, Zhao WuTian became skeptical about reading it. But never the less it was #1 on the board so he assumed it wouldn't be bad.

And it wasn't. The first chapter was great but before he could start the second chapter of the novel, his cat cried from outside in alarm. Startled he jerked his head towards his window hearing loud meow sounds coming from above the ledge. Sighing he stood up and approached his window. Fully opening it he stuck his head out to see his cat clinging to his neighbors air conditioner.

'What the- how did he get up there?' "Clarence." He called his cat. "What are you doing up there?!" He attempted stretching an arm towards his cat but quickly gave up realizing he couldn't reach him.

"Perfect, just perfect." He mumbled scratching his nest of hair in hopelessness. "How many times have I told you to stay off the window ledge."

The cat meowed loudly.

"Don't take that tone with me." Zhao WuTian scolded. "I warned you countless times. But as usual you never listen."

"Meow, Meow!"

Zhao WuTian leaned further out his window, stretching both his arms towards his cat. "When this is over." He tipped toed for better reach. "I'm confiscating your fish snacks- Aye! Wah!" His balance faltered, causing him to flip over the edge and tumble out his window, bludging straight towards his death. As he fell he thought ironically with contempt, 'What a senseless way to die.' 

Hitting the hard concrete Zhao WuTian assumed his life was over as everything went completely black. But who knew that instead of dying he reincarnated into a cannon fodder character, of a novel he never got to finish. There was no cheat sheet in knowing future events nor a system to help. All he had was knowledge of the first chapter and by the looks of it from what he could tell he transmigrated right where he left off at. Bonny Daniels being taken prisoner on a pirate ship that belonged to Captain Dorian Woods.

He woke up in a dungeon and within an hour or so later he now stood right infront of the one person that could sustain or end his life. His luck was terrible.

19