Chapter 39
203 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan’s POV

 

“Your Majesty!”

“Your…Majesty…”

I heard two address me, then the rest nodded formally.

It was…Really awkward…

I looked at each one of the Alpha’s, even Damien and Alpha Lorez, who were also standing in front of me now and I waited.

But…What was I waiting for?

Waiting for them to question me about what they may have been told by Beta Owen?

How many lies have they been told?

 

Sitting up straight still, I raised my chin higher and took in a deep breath, “I told you to be here because I did not want you to be forced into giving a blood pact to anyone.”

The Alpha’s looked at me, some I saw to be surprised.

“I may have been shot and got a bit depressed, but that did not mean I forgot about the Shifters. Believe it or not, the plane crash had helped me get my head on straight and I have been only getting better since.”

I stopped for a bit, looking at each of them once again, “I now can feel my legs once again.”

Again, I saw some with surprised looks, but Damien gave me a smile.

I wanted to smile back at Damien, but I knew that now wasn’t the time for intimacy, I had to be the ‘King’ and address these Alpha’s formally. They needed to know that I was back!

 

After another short silence, as no one wanted to speak, I continued, “A ruler should not depend on blood pacts to trust his subordinates to do the right thing. I had lived without blood pacts for years and I want to continue to do so. I know that means that I may not have full loyalty from you, but I also know that I will feel better because you will have a complete mind of your own.”

“Your Majesty…” Alpha Louis, The Driller’s Pack Alpha started, “I am thankful that you have given us a chance to make up our own minds, for that I must thank you.”

“Agreed.” Stated Damien.

I found it ironic though, because Damien had given me a blood pact…I guess he was just trying to make this easier for me…

I nodded, “Then, let me take this onwards, to further seek in your trust and being straight forward with you…To state that the rumours of my being an Omega is truth.”

A gasp was heard, and I just knew that both Alpha Lorez and Damien were glaring at me.

 

So, quickly, I continued, “When I was twelve, I did not know anything besides that of not being good enough. Owen told me that if you all were to know that I was an Omega, then the Shifters will go backwards, just because there is no ‘King’, and well…I had thought he was right. He was, after all, the only father figure that I had for years. If I hadn’t trusted him, who would I have trusted? If I didn’t believe in what he said…Then what would I believe in now? I was young and thought that Owen was doing the best for me. I have to admit, whether I like it or not, Owen did make me become a King. I would like to slightly change this ‘King’ though, that he brought me up to be, to be a better one, now that I have come to see other ways…And now that you have seen how capable I am at ruling, even though I am an Omega, I wanted you to know from my own voice…That I am, indeed, an Omega. An Omega that only wants to strive for a better way for us Shifter’s.”

I know I went against Damien and Alpha Lorez here, but I had my reasons…Not only to start fresh with the Alpha’s, but also because…

“Then, what is happening, perhaps it’s better that a Beta is a regent King and helping Chance become the next King!”

I was surprised at hearing this from near the doorway.

“Alpha Yoon.” Damien stated, walking up to him, “You’ve come!”

 

“Aye, I did come. And now I’m leaving, hearing this, what reason is there to stay?” Alpha Yoon stated.

I narrowed my eyes at him and got up…Yes…I got up.

Austorious was pissed! I was pissed!

And for some reason, a force overtook me that did not like being talked to like I was nothing but an Omega, compelled me to forget what I was supposed to be doing in hiding some things from these Alpha’s!

Again, I heard gasps…

Spreading out the aura of an Alpha, that took me years to learn, I saw Alpha’s kneel to me as I walked past them.

‘What are you doing, Precious!’ I heard Damien ask me in worry.

Walking right up to Alpha Yoon, I continued to stare at him.

He was clenching his teeth, yet not moving to kneel to me!

Not yielding? Fine!

 

“I gave you the title of Alpha, do you want it stripped away from you?” I stated.

The Alpha in front of me chuckled, clenching his hands, “What can an Omega like you do!?”

I grabbed his throat menacingly, but my voice stayed calm, but cold, “The first King Sollace…Was an Omega!”

I let him go and pushed him back, making him fall to the ground, “You heard right! The first King of the Shifters…Was an Omega!”

I turned around and looked at the other Alpha’s, knowing Damien was the only one not looking at me, but looking at Alpha Yoon instead.

In just a matter of seconds, I heard rummaging from behind me and saw that Alpha Yoon had a silver blade in his hand and a menacing look on his face.

Damien held that hand with the blade and pushed, making Alpha Yoon groan out but not let go completely of the knife in his hand.

Spitting to the floor, Alpha Yoon said, “Lies. You are no King!”

Damien took the knife with his other hand and then kneed him into the stomach. “He is more of a King than anyone else alive! Do you think it’s easy for an Omega and have to act like an Alpha to be King, you idiot!? Besides, as you just heard, the first King was an Omega! So, you can shove this irrelevant information up your ass because you can’t use it against your King! Now kneel!”

 

Forcing Alpha Yoon to kneel, Damien now stood behind him and told someone to pick up the knife and put it away.

Alpha Yoon laughed and looked up at me, “Where’s the prove that the first King of the Shifter’s was an Omega! How can we believe you!? There’s also the fact of the Elementalist’s! We all know of the Elementalist’s, so…Why haven’t they attacked you, uh?”

I narrowed my eyes at him once again, here it was…It looked like Beta Owen had been in this Shifter’s ears before coming here!

“That’s right, Your Majesty, I heard that you’d been attacked before by the Elementalist’s.” Alpha Brown stated in pure fact.

I turned to him, “I was attacked…”

I was then interrupted by Alpha Yoon, “No, it was all a scheme…Think about it, he’s probably been here all this time, away from the palace where we think they don’t attack. But an attack happened even in The History Pack’s borders, so…Why not here? Was he to even be buried at all? Oh, and why did the Elementalist want to bury the royals? Who would get the most out of it!? Uh!? You tell me!”

 

Seeing some distrust, some questioning, I turned towards Alpha Yoon and cringed. What I didn’t like was that this man was so obviously cursing my life right now and I was not in the plan that he thinks I was at all! Do I really need to state how much he sounded like he wanted me dead right now? Did anyone else see it?

“See! He wanted to be the King, so he killed everyone!”

“No!” I said, clenching my hands. Why am I being looked at like I was the bad person!? They also had no evidence that this was real! Plus, why the hell would I want to kill so many people to become King and be so empty all these years!

“Don’t lie!” Alpha Yoon said, smirking right at me!

 

Pissed off once again, I used my aura on him, and firmly stated, “I’m not lying. I didn’t even know I was a damned royal until I was twelve! Even if I found out now that I can speak with the Elementalist, I didn’t know until very recently, when we were being buried alive, but…That’s not the worst of our problems! They are dying to more advanced creatures, because their powers don’t even work against them! And well…How about you ask the right question!?”

I firmly walked back to the throne and sat down, “Hear this! The late King, King Tailor, my father, was threatened by the Elementalist’s to not be with his destined mate!”

Silence answered this new information.

 

I was sure that no one really knew about my mother, that no one had even known that my father had been threatened at all! I guess I understood because a King being threatened rarely happened!

I continued, “My father stayed true and did not go to my mother until after his chosen mates’ death…As many of you, I’m sure are aware, the bond that real, destined mates have can make one…Forget a certain threat!”

I looked down and sighed, “I am what the Elementalist’s feared and it had come true, as it seems I can speak to them, that is how I was able to stop them from killing Chance on the way here…”

Alpha Yoon’s laughter cut into my words and I silently looked at him.

“Haha, so this is all your fault! Haha! Why are you all still thinking of following him!? Uh!? If this brat hadn’t been born, the late King would still be alive!”

I hated Alpha Yoon’s words and narrowed my eyes at him, Austorious was calming me down though, reminding me to stay as a ‘King’.

 

“What I can say to that, is that I did not ask to be born, but I was. I did not ask to be a King, but I am. I will continue to do as I should, to make up for this problem that was made in the last generation…” I stopped and looked around again.

Gather my words, gather my words right, and I might not lose all of them…

“I will never think of you as a King!” Alpha Yoon yelled out and I saw that Damien went to attack him, but I quickly yelled out for him to ‘stop!’

“Let me just give you the reason why I fear Owen...I have elders here that had stated that they had been ‘bought’ out by Owen, so that they would not state that Owen is indeed my brother in law! Alpha Lorez, he knows who Owen is! There are even more elders that know but did not want to become involved! Since Owen now has a boy, born from my royal half-sister, he has started to take initiative to take the power of the King. I did not know of this until a few weeks ago and at first, I could not believe it! What I do know, is that my half-sister is currently in the palace and in hiding but I only know of this because of my mother, who is now dead…She stated in a letter that she had been poisoned by Owen and that he was indeed my brother in law and that he had a male child recently. Through slowly opening my eyes to how dominant Owen was, I was flabbergasted and realized he wanted to use me to get rid of the threat of the Elementalist’s, so that then he could put his royal blooded, male child as the next King! Hence, my life was in danger! I left the palace in fear of my own, and that of Chance’s, survival!”

5