Chapter 43
219 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person

 

It was obvious that the Elementalist’s were trying to flee from the continent, as some of them were already in the water or high in the air above the sea, then there were some who were still leaving the beach front. Seeing this, the child within felt calmer as there were still quite a number of them that hadn’t perished yet.

If it had taken much longer to take over the body, he may not have made it in time…Perhaps, his father also slightly trusting him too had helped…

It seems that the Elementalist’s were still very much like the family that he had created…

 

The Elementalist’s basic instinct of survival was first but sticking together was a close second in their minds. The two earth Elementalist’s that had left Gorde, and had gone to Sollace all those years ago, had gone for survival. They had not wanted to be given ‘order’s’, and thought against it, so they had fulfilled their threat, and in which one had perished to one of the Shifter’s. The remaining earth Elementalist had returned back to Gorde, only to see that there was ‘Sollace blood’ still remaining and returned to do what they had the previous time, yet, they were unable to do anything because this ‘Sollace blood’ never left the confines of the palace borders.

Otherwise, the rest of the Elementalist’s did as they were told and stayed on the continent of Gorde, unable to leave, yet unable to stay.

They stuck together in their five groups, depending on the power that they had, and hid, passing the time very slowly.

To anyone else, it would have been painfully slow, painfully lonely, but the Elementalist’s weren’t created to feel so many emotions…And, if it wasn’t for the warlocks telling them and cursing them to feel ‘revenge’ and feel that it was wrong to be ‘ordered’ around, perhaps they wouldn’t have felt those emotions either…

 

The child within questions now, why he had not thought to check the continent of Gorde first? He had not thought that something like this would be here all that time ago…Why he had not looked after them better, but…It was not a time to think of this!

Shifting to his human form, the child within put out Ethan’s hand and put out an Omega and Alpha aura to entice all of the Elementalist’s over and to be absorbed by him.

With Ethan’s Omega blood and wolf surging inside of him, then his own Alpha blood and wolf combining, the Elementalist’s could not help but succumb to the calling of their master, to become one once again.

One by one, fire ‘arms’ with veins, earth with veins, water with veins, wind with veins and metal with veins connected to the child and the Elementalist’s started to break down.

Ethan’s body started to grow, as the child in his womb grew, and with the last lot of water, fire, air, metal and earth traveling into the hand of Ethan’s, a very gruesome thing happened…

 

Ethan could taste the blood escape his mouth, but the pain was unbearable…

He yelled out, spat out, vomited and breathed hard, only to hear a voice, “I’m sorry.”

Unable to move much of his body, Ethan looked up at the adult in front of him and found himself unable to focus.

The child within, now a fully-grown adult, put a bind over Ethan, putting him in suspended animation. By using the five elements, that he now had full control over, air was used for breathing, water was used so that Ethan would not dehydrate, earth was used to help bind the wounds with fire and metal was used to cover the body, securing it from the outside world.

Ethan may still survive…

 

Well…The Alpha thought, he used to be a lot more powerful then this…It seems that his power has indeed fallen by half…

Looking down at his ‘father’, who was covered now by metal, the Alpha male sighed, “For bringing me back, I will try my best to keep you alive…”

He wasn’t sure if it’ll work or not but…He’ll try…

There was only one person that he has let himself like so far in this life, and that was this poor soul. He had felt that weak want from Ethan, which was to protect him, even with all that he had done to him.

It had made him sad, with how things had turned out, especially with hurting the person that he liked the most…

 

Before the Alpha left with a floating metal container, supported by rushing air, the Alpha did what the Elementalist’s could not do and combined all of the nature energy into one ball of elemental power.

Within his palms, there was a metal core, surrounded by hot fire, that not only heated the metal but was strengthened by air, then around that was a toughened exterior of earth and water, dried out by air, to make the ball of elemental power hit its target harder…To blow up afterwards!

Turning, the Alpha narrowed his eyes to the continent in the distance and used his air power to shoot up into the air and descend some of these explosive, elemental balls of power, upon several of the rock golems down below.

Loud noises surrounded a half of the smaller continent and there were dents in the surface in many places, before the Alpha turned back towards the metal container, ready to go back…

 

At first, there had been one big, humongous rock golem, the Elementalist’s had done rather well in surviving it and cutting it down in size but now…There wasn’t just one, there were quite a number of them and the Alpha male really could see the dilemma in how this had slowly become a problem over the last few centuries.

One big one may have been easier to handle, then so many of these smaller bastards!

But still, the Alpha male was confused upon the big rock golem, as he was still sure that it hadn’t been there when he had condemned the Elementalist’s to come here…

Using the elements, as they were used on the way to this continent, the Alpha male went back across the sea, to search out the warlocks…As he would need warlock powers to steal life, to help Ethan…His father…To survive!

 

Seeking out these warlocks gave something for the Alpha to do, on his way back to the continent of Sollace on top of some earth that was crossing the sea.

With Ethan confined and already taking some of his powers, the Alpha was slightly upset to see that he could go faster but just didn’t have the power to do so.

The trip took twenty hours, but by then he had found that the warlocks seemed to have come from their continent, to the continent of Sollace…

How he knew this was because, just like the Elementalist’s, the Alpha was also a part of the warlocks…He had made them too after all…

 

The Elementalist’s were rocks, with elemental powers inserted into them, but the Alpha had done something different with the warlocks. He had instead placed the warlock’s magic inside a person or two and from there let the magic take root into the next generations.

The magic didn’t call out to him, like the Alpha had originally thought it would, no, if anything, it was quite loyal to the person that it was born into…

Getting this power back might be a bit of an issue…Especially if he has to go against both the warlocks and the Shifter’s at the same time!

Well then…It might be time to go and see his other father!

He knew that this other father of his had made his father upset and lonely…So, he’ll have to punish him!

 

 

Damien’s POV (Just before Ethan was placed into suspended animation.)

 

I fell to my knees…

Putting my hands to my head, with blurry eyesight, I shook my head in fear…

I bit my lip, and blinked…Many times…

Taking deep breaths, I looked around and tried to think of something else…Anything else…

I didn’t want to believe that the heartbreaking, the most hurtful and deep agonizing feeling was…

My head hit the ground, making me aware that I had fallen even further now, and I put a hand to my heart and clenched it into a fist…

Just like that…

No!

No! I won’t accept it!

“Alpha Rendall?”

I shook my head, even though it was still on the ground and pulled at my hair…

No!

“Alpha Rendall!?”

 

Breathing even more heavily, I couldn’t move. I was stuck!

I didn’t want to accept this, but I wasn’t a fool either.

I knew, that deep down, what this meant!

I knew, that this heart wrenching pain had a meaning…I just didn’t want to admit it!

“Alpha Rendall!”

With shaky breaths, and feeling trembles going through me, I slowly sat up on my feet and looked at Alpha Lorez, who was looking at me with wide eyes…Much like my own...

After a moment, he started shaking his head, “…I don’t believe it…”

I swallowed, I didn’t know what to think, say or anything. I was completely lost.

“It can’t be…”

No, it can’t be!

Getting up once, to fall back down once again, I tried a second time and shakily took a step but…

What was I doing?

 

I had not…Where was he?

Where was my precious?

I didn’t know. A day ago, I went to look for him, but someone stated that he wasn’t in the room and I thought…I thought that he was mad at me. I was just letting go of my anger, I was just about ready to speak to him again and thought that I’ll wait for him…Why…Why hadn’t I looked for him earlier, even if I was angry? Did he perhaps leave because…Because of me?

Yet, this thought only came to me now…Now that I felt this pain…

No, he couldn’t have killed himself…He…He might have been found by Owen or someone who was to kill him on Owen’s orders…Or…Or the Elementalist’s, they…They could have done this and gone back on their words! It wouldn’t be…Self harm…It just can’t be!

No matter how I thought about this though, back a day ago, I could only do things the old way and hope someone could have watched him or something because I couldn’t get to him through our link.

These people are watcher’s…They should know where he went!

After finding out that my precious had done something completely out of the ordinary and had gone out of the boundary but was fast and disappeared all of a sudden, I thought he would return, but…Never…

 

I looked at Alpha Lorez but couldn’t speak.

Watching Alpha Lorez shout out to his pack, to find ‘His Majesty’, I stand there, nearly falling every few seconds…

It would be wise to check…His room…

Why wouldn’t he be in his room? That’s right, his wolf probably just wanted to run around, and someone didn’t notify me that he had returned…

Squeezing my eyes shut, I bit my lip and let out a sob…

What the hell is going on!?

Why, all of a sudden…

I wasn’t going to stay mad at him but…

I noticed he was acting strange but I never…Never thought that…

Putting a hand to my face, I sobbed again, unable to stop now.

That feeling…That link…It was broken…

I no longer felt, heard or even had any idea of where he could be…

Precious!

This time…When I fell, I wasn’t able to get back up. I sobbed, my shoulders trembling with my sadness …

 

***

 

 

Third Person

 

The impasse with the Shifter’s turned towards a war after that.

The ones who had been on His Majesty’s side were threatened to do a blood pact or die, due to being unfaithful to the throne, and…When it seemed that an army of Shifter’s were on the way to The Watcher’s Pack. Everyone disappeared.

Upon Beta Owen’s Shifters coming to the borders of The Watcher’s Pack, it was abandoned completely. The place wasn’t really in a disarray, it just looked more like a ghost town.

It was a strange matter, to those who had come to stop the opposing faction, as they never thought that the Shifters would really have a war, but to a point, they were glad that they didn’t have to fight their own kind…

4