Chapter 49
217 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person

 

Focusing upon his father, inside the cocooned metal object still, One saw that there was a slight difference and that it should be ok to bring him out of suspended animation for now.

Releasing all the elements, One reached out and firmly held onto his unconscious father, whom was naked and still dirty, with a lot of dried blood on him.

He needs to be cleaned! One thought, frowning.

The problem was, even if he was cleaned, One knew that there was more to fix, for his father to wake up!

The Shifters around the area, that were still alive, were gobsmacked into complete astonishment!

Never had they seen someone who could use power like this, nor did they know that the King himself had been inside this metal object!

So…Alpha Rendall had been telling the truth…His Majesty had been there and…Beta Owen really did just ‘miss him’ afterwards…

They didn’t know whether to laugh or cry…Especially when one of them knew that this very powerful person had finished off one of their pack members and he had felt the bond between them snap…

They couldn’t speak and question anything though, because One soon left the area, to go back to his other father, that was halfway up the mountain.

 

 

Seeing the body of Ethan, Damien became ecstatic!

“He’s alright?” Damien stated, completely forgetting where or what he was doing prior to seeing Ethan.

“Not good enough, I will have to go to the continent of Tental to gain more magic and more life. Even if I take the lives of the bad Shifters here, more magic would still be more beneficial…Who did it!? Who pushed him off the mountain!?” One stated, not completely letting Damien take his father away from him.

It was a silent fight that neither of them knew they were having, as Damien wanted to hold all of his precious, yet One still held the other side of Ethan.

With One’s outraged words, Damien bit his lip for a short moment but decided to ignore it and go straight to what was more important!

“But he will still survive?” Damien asked, smiling down at the dirty and sleeping body in his arms.

“Yes, but he most likely won’t wake yet though.” One said, finally letting go and putting his father’s dirty hair away from his face. “He’s dirty.”

Damien let out a small laugh and brought his precious mate closer to him, “Yes, he’s dirty…”

 

One sighed, looking away from the intimacy of Damien’s look and touch towards his other father, and he finally saw the rock golems in the distance, “Oh, right. Forgot about them…”

Damien looked up and blinked, remembering them also. “I couldn’t find a way to destroy them with the least amount of casualties.”

One smiled and then suddenly laughed quite loudly, “Perfect! Why didn’t I think of it earlier!”

Putting out a hand to the rock golems, then putting a hand upon his sleeping father, One focused upon the life stealing spell and everyone watched as the rock golems slowly collapsed, one after the other.

After a few minutes, One stopped and then turned to his sleeping father.

Checking his wound, which seemed almost completely healed, One then touched his head, seeing that things had turned for the better. “That came in handy!”

Having had a problem from doing this from a very long time ago, One did not summon anything to steal the life of it anymore, but…He hadn’t summoned the rock golems, so he felt like this should not bring any unfortunate events…

 

Looking from his son, to his precious mate, Damien then asked, “Is he going to wake up then?”

One narrowed his eyes and then nodded, “He’ll wake up. It seems the silver in his system is still there though…I thought it would be removed…”

Frowning, One wondered why the silver had not come out through the metal being encased around his father, and sighed, “I think it is because the silver really did become a part of his blood…”

Damien didn’t know that it could have been removed like this as well, which he wished could have happened, but since he thought previously that the silver could no longer be removed, he got over it quickly, “It’s alright, you have already brought him back! That is more than I ever hoped for!”

“Mmm, and you can make me another sibling.” One said bluntly.

 

“Uh?” Damien nearly spat out!

“Father’s reproductive organs are fine once again!” One stated frankly. That was the awesome thing about life steal, it was magic!

Damien looked away and nodded, “Oh…”

“Haha, look at father, are you happy or embarrassed?” One laughed.

Damien looked at One and narrowed his eyes at the goofy smile on his son’s face…

Holding back a smile, Damien became aware that he was both…Of course he was happy that his precious and he could continue their family but…He was embarrassed that his son was so blunt about it! Did he wish it so desperately!?

“Mmm, let’s go to the palace!” One stated, then suddenly Damien was being held by One, who was still holding Ethan, and they all flew away.

 

***

 

Damien had to tell his pack about what happened, and so his pack had to met up with Alpha Lorez and therefore took a lot longer to get away from the mountain but at least now they didn’t have to worry about the King, as the King was safely with Damien once again.

After returning to the palace, One wondered off, going to ‘sight and see’ his palace…

With One gone…Wherever he may have gone, Damien took his precious mate to his own room and memories came back to him all the way there.

It really wasn’t all that long ago that they had been here really…

Placing the sleeping Ethan down on his big bed, Damien laid down next to him and took in his hand.

Before coming to the room, he was going to give him a bath, but now, he just needed to hold him like this…

“Thank god you’re alive…Thank god!”

Giving the hand a kiss, Damien put it to his forehead and tried not to cry.

 

For a while, Damien had felt useless and hopeless. Having thought that his precious mate had perished and left him behind…

Those days, those days he probably won’t ever forget…

Even having the Queen come to him and try to support him, did not give him any kind of comfort…Nothing had!

He had felt like the world meant nothing and he had trouble wondering why he was still there!

If it wasn’t for wanting revenge against Owen, Damien shattered to think if he would even still be here! If it wasn’t for shutting down his feelings and becoming like a Zombie…

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!” Damien whimpered, yet did not let a tear escape from his eyes! He didn’t want to cry, because he was happy, he was happy that they were both still here, still able to live the rest of their life’s together. Why would he cry over that!?

 

If only he had tried harder or watched to see that things were amiss! He might not have wasted so much time of feeling hopeless and useless to his most precious person in the world!

If only he had never been angry and just accepted that things were going strange! If he had opened up his eyes and realized that something wasn’t right, he could have talked to his precious about it and they might not have fought and lost contact as they had!

Then…Wouldn’t I had been with him when he left?

Would I had gone with him to wherever he had gone and made sure that nothing happened to him?

But…Really, how could he have stopped his son from being born like that?

Taking a deep breath in, Damien could only do one thing, and that was to never be that angry again!

Even if he couldn’t do anything to help Ethan, when he had ‘given birth’, he could have still been there for him!

…So, he had learnt his lesson!

 

Kissing the slack hand once again, Damien gave the unconscious body a small smile and nodded, “Okay, let’s get you all nice and clean again. Then…I’m going to put my scent all over you!”

“Dam…”

Turning, with wide eyes, Damien quickly got closer to Ethan, and said, “Are you awake? Can you hear me?”

“Damien…”

Ethan was unable to open his eyes and his voice was weak but…He wanted to tell Damien that he was alright.

“Precious! My god, precious, you scared the hell out of me!” Damien stated, taking Ethan into his hold and cuddling him quite tightly.

“I…Okay…” Ethan weakly stated, still unable to open his eyes.

Without Damien knowing, a tear escaped, and Damien put his head into Ethan’s neck, feeling like he needed to calm down…

 

“I’m Okay…” Ethan repeated, still just as weakly, unable to do much else except speak those two words. He wanted to see his loved one with his eyes, touch him with his hands, yet it seemed like he couldn't at the moment...

Damien was unable to move, he was unable to talk and just held onto his precious tightly.

Hearing Ethan cough a short while later, Damien finally sat back from Ethan and looked around with his blurry vision.

Breathing a bit heavier and wiping his eyes, Damien put Ethan down and rushed out, saying, “Water…”

Ethan gave a small smile, before letting himself fade into unconsciousness again. He felt terribly weak and quite sore, but…But hearing, smelling and feeling Damien, felt like a blessing from heaven!

How great to wake up to all of that!

Yet, even though Ethan was quite happy, upon returning, Damien was somewhat hysterical again!

He had a bad feeling that something was wrong with Ethan and tried to wake him up, only to see Ethan frown.

Forgetting that he’d gone to get water, Damien rushed out of the room, with Ethan in his arms, and went to find One!

 

 

Damien didn’t find One for twenty minutes!

He was near a wall, on one side of the palace, looking a bit confused.

Seeing his father rushing to him, he frowned deeper and started to walk towards them, “What’s wrong with father?”

“Please, just…He woke up but now he’s not awake and I…I panicked, is he alright!?” Damien stated, putting Ethan right in front of One and looking at One in full expectations.

One sighed and checked his father, only to pout, “He’s alright…”

Damien let out a huge sigh of relief, and nodded to One, “Good, good!”

“Father…” One said, turning back to the wall.

Looking up at One, Damien saw him pointing at the wall and turn back to him, and say, “I swear this wall wasn’t here before!”

Damien looked at the wall too, not recalling anything about it, then to each side of it, “I don’t really know anything about the wall…”

“Oh, perhaps father knows.” One stated, looking at Ethan eagerly.

 

Damien looked at Ethan too but with another type of feeling. He was so damned happy that Ethan was alive, he was even waking up now and was in his arms…Oh…And still dirty…

“I will give him a bath now.” Damien said, in a somewhat an already distracted way.

“Yes, do that!” One stated, then turned back to the wall and sighed…

Using air below his feet, One flew up to land upon the wall, to see that…It was indeed what he had thought!

This wall was not the original wall of the palace!

“Ha!” One stated, as he had been right!

Seeing a little space down on the ground, that had a small house and small area upon where clothes could be washed and dried and somewhere that a kid could play, One flew down towards it and found that there was a door opened in the outer wall area.

Walking through the opened door, inside was a whole heap of stuff that One was sure hadn’t been here in his last life!

Grain, wheat, rice, seeds…Heaps of stuff and…

Turning, he saw a little boy sitting with a wooden plane in his hands and in his mouth.

“Sollace.” One stated, feeling the blood in him respond to the boys.

That’s right, just like his father, this boy had Sollace blood in him!

6