Chapter 21
329 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Damien’s POV)

 

Honestly, I found it absolutely strange…

How could I, a full-blooded Alpha, protective as hell and jealous as fuck, get along with the woman across from me?

It was strange and I didn’t understand it whatsoever!

I knew that they had laid together, naked and touching. I knew they had simply because of Chance, but for some reason, I felt like there was nothing between them. Looking at my precious mate and back at the Queen, it was a brotherly, sisterly type relationship and that was clearly where it ended.

Even before, when we had gone to her room, I knew I had over exaggerated when I spoke of him as mine. There was clearly…Nothing there between them!

I felt strangely upset because of this because I knew how perfect my mate was and felt like he hadn’t been treated right, but on the other hand I felt extremely happy because if I had to fight her over him, I’d do it! But…I had no need to, so it didn’t matter!

Actually, it made me feel good that I was Ethan’s first with a few things and I honestly doubted that I had to do anything extra with these two…They were friends and I was even considering being her friend as well!

Strange!

 

Upon seeing my Ethan having seen Alpha Monk exiting the palace earlier and the way he had talked to him, I was really proud of how he handled the situation. Even if he had let out that he was doubting Owen right upfront to Alpha Monk, I would have protected him!

I don’t know what it is but seeing him act as a King…Really turned me on!

When he was my Omega, he was cute and fluffy. I wanted to tease him and stroke him…When he was the King, I wanted to demand his attention and do a trick to make him laugh. Thinking about it now, I honestly felt like Ethan was like two people that were mine and would keep me entertained for an eternity!

It made me feel giddy to my bones!

I was worried that if I walked beside him when Owen was there, I would take him into my embrace and start undressing him right there!

Oh man! I never knew how hard it was when you had a mate. How hard it was to not take them whenever you want. How hard it was to stop once you’ve started! How hard it was to remember when people were around!

It was a grumbling problem, really!

 

But, now that we had Alpha Monk on our side, I felt better. The Surveillance Pack will help now in looking after my King, as these, Elementals…Oh, Elementalist’s, are something we shouldn’t be broken apart for. We needed everyone on our side, so that no more people die, even if it was just the royal line perishing…But every wolf has a destined mate and that destined mate has loved ones, we are all connected, so, it’ll be more trouble! We must come together and unite!

So, I’ve decided that my pack is dividing itself and half of it is going to help protect the King, while he is out of the palace, and the other half will continue to do as normal with my Beta for now.

Knowing that Owen was already planning for my precious mate to go out and search for weaknesses with the Elementalist’s, I was all but convinced that he was someone we had to take care of right now!

We should kill him, even though there’s consequences for it, I hated that he was using my mate!

It was going to be hard not to act whenever I see him, in which gave me another reason to stay further back from Ethan whenever that old, sly fox was around.

My precious mate needed to see with his own eyes, the deviousness of Owen, so that when it came to finding evidence, he would be ready to place that bastard in a silver cell, or better yet, get his head chopped off!

 

Tightening my hand over my precious mates, I stared at him for a while.

I know I might look like a pervert right now, or some stalker, but I didn’t care. He was really beautiful, and I was not going to let anything happen to him…

He turned his hand in mine and tightened his hold too, only making me feel like mush again. He does it to me all the time!

The power my little Omega has is really something!

“…Maybe tomorrow. Who knows?”

I looked at the Queen, not sure on what they were talking about.

“Then I’ll let the maid know.”

“What are you talking about?” I couldn’t wait any longer to find out.

“I’m going to sleep in Chance’s room tonight. When I leave the palace…” I watched as Ethan stopped and then after a moment started again, “I don’t know when I’ll be returning, so I’ll spend time with him…While I can…”

Bringing up his hand towards my mouth, I kissed it, “We’ll be coming back, don’t worry.”

Oh good, I made him smile!

Don’t worry Sweetheart, we’ll come back, I promise!

 

“Oh, what, your too tired to eat uh? Come on…” The Queen had gotten up and picked up Chance from the highchair, then turned to us, “He’s going to bed soon.”

I saw the quick motion of my precious mate as he put out his hands, then quickly wiped them clean and put them out again, getting out of his chair…So cute!

I had let him go, easily knowing that he wanted cuddles, while the little one was still awake.

Getting up myself, after wiping my hands, I walked around and came beside my mate.

I had only seen him holding Chance once before, but it was a really nice sight.

Leaning in to brush myself on the little one, who was tiredly putting his head on my mates’ shoulder, I chuckled when he moved to put his head on the other side.

He wasn’t used to my scent yet, but I wasn’t going to push it. Instead, I put my arm around my mate and kissed his forehead as he continued to sing some song.

Ah…Giddy…

 

I know we had not once used protection yet, when we made love…

I knew protection could be used and was out there, but many of us don’t bother with it. It was actually uncommon for a shifter to use protection, as most of the time it didn’t matter. If one has sex with someone that isn’t our destined mate, there is a very low chance of pregnancy. On top of that, even mates could have problems conceiving pups sometimes.

With Ethan as an Omega, and as a male, I wasn’t as up to date with the information, but considering that he goes into heat, I was sure that we’d have no problem with pups!

We had vaguely talking about pups, but it seemed obvious that he was probably looking forward to it just as much as I was!

Both of us also knew the implications towards it though, so whether we were worried or too excited, we had already stated that if Ethan was on heat, we were going to use protection then.

The chances are considerably higher to conceive, when one is on heat, and knowing about the Elementalist’s out there and that Ethan was still going outside of the palace, we were just going to leave the potential of a pup to chance for now.

If we conceive a pup in the meantime, I will only become more protective, I know it!

But…I guess it still might be a while before we find out, having only been together for a few days…

 

“Give him back!”

“No!”

“Ethan! He’ll fall asleep and I’ll have to wake him again before I put him in the bath!” The Queen stated firmly, crossing her hands together in front of her.

“I don’t want too!” Ethan said stubbornly…Ah, my precious mate, do you know how yummy you look right now!

Putting my forehead on Ethan’s bare shoulder, I hid a smile…He was so cute when he acted like this that it made me want to act like a kid too!

The Queen came to us then, looking angry and gently took Chance away from my mate. She was right though, the poor kid was practically asleep already!

“Hey, hey, come on, I can put you to bed when you’ve had a bath.” The Queen just walked away then, talking to Chance by herself and I went in front of Ethan and put my hands around him, holding his butt cheeks…

“Hey!”

“Mmm.”

 

Leaning in, I kissed him, then kissed him again. Ah, there it is! He put his hands around my head and pushed me onto his lips. Ah, I don’t know what it was, but once I started something, he seemed to like to continue it!

Within just a few moments, I pushed his bum towards me, straight into my desire, that was hardening up for him.

“Your insatiable!” I heard him mumble.

I let out a laugh and moved my head to his neck, licking my mark.

There he goes! He buckled against me and I lifted him up to have him in my arms.

“Let’s go to bed!” I said, pretty damned happy at the moment!

Even though he sighed, probably because I’ve taken him so many times already, he snuggled up to me and even kissed his own mark on me…

Geez…

I decided to run, and even then, I wouldn’t get to the bedroom quickly enough!

He was probably right…That I was insatiable!

I don’t think I’d even get enough of my precious mate!

 

 

(Ethan’s POV)

 

I have been laying here now for a while, unable to sleep.

Chance was close to me, but I didn’t take him into my arms because he was already asleep when I came here, and I didn’t want to wake him up.

Behind me though, was Damien, hugging me tight and breathing his air onto my neck…

How could I seriously sleep!?

I was pretty tired, but with him behind me, blowing as he was, it was starting to get harder and harder not to push him away, just so I could sleep!

I came here for Chance, yet, I haven’t been able to be here properly because of Damien…

I sighed, moving my head a bit, trying to get comfortable.

The most important people in my life were right here…

Since I moved my head, Damien’s breath instead went to my back and I found that I was finally able to fall asleep…

 

 

Feeling something go up one of my nostrils, I backed away and swatted whatever it was, hearing a bang…

Blinking, I finally saw Chance sitting there laughing and I turned to where the noise was, finding Damien on the floor…Oops…

“What was that for!?” Damien puffed out, putting a hand to his head.

“Chance…”

I looked at Chance and he let out small giggles, so I said, “It’s a secret…”

I wasn’t about to tell him it was his own fault for doing something to me while I was still practically asleep! Besides, it made Chance laugh! So, if he can’t figure it out, that’s his own fault!

“…Some secret! I hit my head!”

I panicked when hearing that and turned towards him, but after another second, finding no blood, I was back to normal, “Let me see.”

He put his head down to me and I kissed where I think he was hurt.

“Here!” He pointed in another place, showing a bit of anger, yet at the same time, it made me smile.

So, I kissed where he pointed…

“Here…” This time his voice held no anger, if anything it was full of expectation…

I kissed him near his ear this time, starting to get the idea that he was playing around.

“Here.” He’d moved his head now, to look at me with his gorgeous eyes, then pointed to his mouth.

Yep, he was playing around!

Kissing him briefly on the lips, he pushed me back into him when I tried to pull away.

 

Taking me by surprise, he pushed his tongue through and swirled it around my own.

Even though a minute or two ago, I was asleep, I was completely awake now and getting lost within his kiss and embrace.

Like every other time, he tasted so good, and it felt so good! He belonged here, just like I belonged here. We were made for each…

His hands snaked to my singlet, ready to take it of, making me pull back…And then remember Chance…

Breaking from Damien’s embrace, I see Chance already at the side of the bed and even getting down all by himself.

“Sweetheart…” I heard in my ears.

I had to take a deep breath in, to try and ignore him, and then I put a finger up, and said, “Shh.”

Watching as my boy got off the bed, by going backwards and falling about five center meters, he then walked by holding the bed and then looked up at me, now that he was closer.

 

I smiled and bent down, so that I was closer to his height, “Come on, Chance, you can do it buddie!”

With no further encouragement needed, he walked over to me, with the help of the bed, and like it was something he did every day.

I knew he had walked like this earlier, it wasn’t his first time, but to me it was a first!

I picked him up and laughed, “Ah, that’s my boy, you did great!”

“Is it his first-time walking?”

“No, but it’s my first time seeing it.” I answered in happiness.

“Has he shifted yet?” Damien asked and I saw him attempt to place some of his scent on Chance, who put his head the other way, looking away from both of us.

It seemed it was going to take longer then I thought for Chance to give Damien a chance…

Nonetheless, I answered his next question, just as happily, “Yes, and he’s so adorable! Come on Chance, let’s go and shift!”

“No! Mum…Mum!” Came Chance’s cute, little baby’s voice.

6