Chapter 27
251 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan’s POV

 

“My King.”

Seeing Owen in front of me, while still on a bed, I didn’t feel a thing towards this familiar person at all. “I name you regent, Beta Owen. I have written here that you will have the power of a King, as long as you do what’s best for Shifters, as what is expected of such a position.”

“…My King?”

I didn’t want to watch his enthusiasm, nor his confusion, I just wanted to get this over and done with! “I wrote several copies for each Alpha and their packs, carrying my blood and saying the exact same thing. Here is your copy, take it and leave.”

Knowing that I had a dead look, I watched as Owen breathed out after narrowing his eyes, and easily took the parchment.

…It seems that his greed has made this step quite easy…

“My King, with a heavy…”

“Leave!” I yelled out.

To be honest, it wasn’t that easy to show that I was still in despair and ready to end my life!

Having to think about this person and what he does behind my back had taken me this far, but I desperately wanted him out of my sight before I let out some emotions to my newly acquired secrets!

 

Seeing Owen bow and leave, I then turned to the wall, seeing my mate slowly come back to me from being behind it. We would have known that Owen would have smelt him in the same room, but we decided that it would be best if Damien let me do this while he was not being seen, because it might make Owen restless or angry.

It had been two weeks since I had been shot. At first, they had put me in the air again as soon as possible, and then got me back here to the palace, and with some strange luck in all that time, they hadn’t gotten attacked by Elementalist’s.

I was in a low mental state for a couple of days and I think Damien was having trouble coping with it.

He took all my tears and all my distant looks and faint answers and did not complain once.

But it had been terrible!

Upon suddenly becoming a vegetable, I still had my King duties and it only made things even worse, where upon I was yelling and showing a lot of anger.

 

Having to deal with Alpha Satel had not made me happier, no, it had made me sad and angry!

Instead of being rational about it, I wanted his life for what he had done!

I know I should have thought more towards it but if he had not shot me, he would have shot my mate and that was the basis of my reasoning for his death!

Seeing the last moments of Alpha Satel’s life, it hadn’t helped me because…I was still in a wheelchair and feeling nothing in my lower half of my body!

His deed was something I had to live with for the rest of my life!

In that state, I had already wanted to give Owen the throne and this was how this idea of him becoming a regent came into place…But, it was just two days ago, that I had felt something!

It wasn’t much, but I felt like I was regaining feeling back into my legs!

 

To get someone that we trusted, to give us an idea upon how long it would take to heal further, or if I was going to heal at all, I had only been able to see a doctor a few hours ago…

The doctor had come from The Watcher’s Pack and they not only devotedly not asked questions but insisted that they show their devotion through a blood pack, before I could even mention it myself!

Already, they knew that I wanted complete secrecy and I could not help but be overjoyed to having more on my side!

A note was written to me, when this doctor came, and I was happy to know that The Watcher’s Pack had always been loyal to the King and they were willingly going to stand by my side…Even if I was an Omega…

In fact, they had known for certain that I was an Omega for quite a number of years!

Damien was surprised to hear this, having thought that no one from outside of the plane would ever state this so openly, even if they did know!

I, on the other hand, felt a great relief that my secret had come out and that The Watcher’s Pack was still very loyal.

And to this, Damien and I knew that we could count on them to start planning our comeback against Owen!

 

Having made some decisions, Damien and I had come to a conclusion…And that was to get Owen with his greed…

I suppose our trap was set as soon as he took the place as regent, because we felt like all we had to do now was keep our safety in mind, while we wait for Owen to think he had whatever he needed…

There was a ‘but’ though, and it was clearly written upon each and every piece of paper that was sent out to all of the packs!

One way of trapping Owen, could be as easy as the Shifters themselves seeing that Owen was not doing what was best for them…The other traps that we had for Owen, was whether or not he would give back this power, that was lent to him in the first place!

 

It was a big chance that we were taking on this and we had also thought of the fact that we may never get anything from it but…We felt like this was the best road to take for Owen to show his real face to everyone else.

I guess the fact that I had always had trouble being the King had come into play here and made me willing to take this chance, without too much thought of what I could lose forever because of it.

We both knew that Owen would take this chance of becoming regent…But we also both knew that he will take advantage of it and that will be when we would make our move.

Not only would this give me time to heal, but it would bide us some time to make sure Chance was safe as well.

This was where The Watcher’s Pack was to come in!

 

We were going to take up the chance of leaving the palace and taking on the Elementalist’s because…We just did not feel safe here! Even if I was not to pronounce Owen as the regent, I no longer even felt safe inside of the palace!

Being weak like this, with only Damien being someone I could trust, who else could I trust to keep both Chance and I safe?

No, we had to either get Owen out of the palace or get ourselves out! So, since we could not even find Owen’s mate, whom we knew was in the palace somewhere, giving Owen the chance to become regent was attempting to give us time to achieve our goal of getting out but also trapping him…

Not everything had been solved yet though, we just knew that the first step was to show that I was in despair and easily made Owen the regent. Perhaps he may leave us alone and think that I might do the job of ‘death’ by myself! After all, it was rare but still known that Shifters could indeed kill themselves…All we had to do was produce a claw and slash at our necks and if we mean to do it and go deep enough, we are unable to heal fast enough from it.

Anyway, not all plans could be made so quickly as…We decided that even if we go to The Watcher’s Pack, it will be when I am well enough!

 

Yes, the doctor stated that it seems that I will gain feelings back into my legs, they just didn’t know how long it was going to take. And, it had already come to pass that I was becoming less active, by sleeping more by at least an hour or two every day, which the doctor could state as an effect of silver being in my body. I showed slight color change in my back, from where I had gotten shot, but the rest of my body seems to stay as my normal color. The doctor stated that hopefully since I’m a Shifter, not much else will happen but he did tell me about more effects of what silver could do to me and my health. Effects could be as small as the blue or grey change of color to my skin, which doesn’t mean that I’m unhealthy, to that of Lung irritation and kidney problems, so I had to keep my eye on it.

 

What the doctor did not know, was why I was gaining the feeling back in my legs at all, after it was obviously completely lost. It wasn’t like we had not had to use silver and wolfsbane before as punishments, but it was never something that had directly happened like this before. It wasn’t like I was the first to get shot…It was how I was shot…

I had been shot directly into the spinal cord and so my case was indeed not something that we knew too much about. Nonetheless, it seems that I just needed some time…

The fact that I was an Omega, might have been the case, as it could have just taken longer to see any type of results because I did not heal as quickly as an Alpha but…It was enough!

My spirits rose, just by knowing that I was still healing and getting better than I was a day ago!

It gave me strength and it gave me hope!

The last two weeks had been terrible, as I had been mad, angry and upset most of the time. I was rather temperamental, and Damien and I had only gotten intimate only once upon returning but I had not been able to get into the mood since.

I had felt like a loser, to now feeling like there was a future! It was…A directly opposite, one eighty change!

 

And that was why I was able to speak about the future once again!

I now resided in Chance’s room, having come back here first because he made me feel better, but now…Now it was for safety reasons!

For the moment, we all stayed with Chance, even the Queen was often with us and even if Damien didn’t like it, I made sure that we stayed this way as often as possible, especially now that Owen had become regent.

There might be a chance that Owen would not do anything, but just in case, I wanted to make sure that we were ready to leave whenever we needed to!

Relocation of the King, Queen and heir to the throne, was a complete secret, one in which was already nearly planned out!

In the meantime, I was trying to give out the impression that I was still upset and just wanted to be close to my family…

 

To be honest with myself, now that I felt like I was getting better, I was somewhat relishing these days.

I might be stuck in bed, but I was getting in lots of cuddles with Chance and Damien.

They had been very careful with me and before it had made me feel worse, but now it makes me feel like I’m being spoilt!

Damien has personally been feeding me, even Chance had tried to feed me, but he had needed someone’s help!

What was best though, was that since I was taking up Chance’s bed, I got to sleep with not just my boy but my mate as well.

I did not lack in sleep!

From all the times that Damien had kept me awake before we left for my last trip out, I was making up for it in such a style that I started to worry that I was sleeping too much!

It was so comfortable, being beside two warm bodies that I loved so much!

Yesterday, I got another bed to come into the room, so that the Queen could also sleep here, as I wanted to keep her safe too, but she had not slept in this room once yet.

It worried me but…To a prospect, it had given Damien a big amount of time to bond with Chance!

5