Chapter 30
227 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan’s POV

 

With a bit of a tussle, Owen’s two men were bound up with silver and I went towards them. If they hadn’t known before that I could walk, they did now!

“Your…Your Majesty!”

“You have a choice! I suggest that you make the right one!” I stated, nodding at Damien.

He then took out a dagger and split the skin in a finger of both of the men and gave two droplets of blood to me, dropping them into my mouth.

Even after ten seconds went by, I felt that their loyalties still had not come to me. It really was a strange feeling!

Most of the time the loyalty would work by now, but again, I had only done this a few times, so perhaps I was wrong…

I stared at them and waited, frowning after another ten seconds, “It’s not working.”

Silence entered the cabin and the two men started to convulse, making us take a step back. They fell of their knees and their eyes started to go back, making us start to fret!

What was going on!?

“It’s not working, quick, precious, give me your hand!”

I put my hand out to Damien and he surprisingly sliced at my own hand, “Tell their blood to return to them, quick. I’ll explain later!”

With questions in my eyes, I did as I was told and returned the blood to the two men that…Slowly stopped convulsing…

 

With a relieved sigh, I heard Damien sit back and I looked at him. “What happened?”

“Because rogues are sometimes completely beyond help, we make a blood pack with them, to try and help them recover themselves. The blood pack might not work, but if it does, it can bring back their humanity and remind them what it’s like to be in a pack…It is a command to always resend their blood back to them, before we move them on from being captured, because this is what happens. Their blood, being inside you, would rebel against yours and hurt you in the way that it’s hurting them. This is how the blood pact can backfire and retaliate to the one that is trying to use it!”

Looking at the two men, who hadn’t really become aware yet, I looked back at Damien, “So, they didn’t want to come to my side?”

Damien narrowed his eyes and then shook his head, “…I’d more believe that old, sly man had already made them do a blood pack!”

I raised my eyebrows and sat down next to him, the others around staying silent.

Damien sighed, and said, “If the blood oath had continued too much longer, a winner would have been made and Owen would have known what had just happened. Whether he would be casted out, to state that he no longer has the men’s loyalties, or if another loyalty was fighting against his and had lost…I thought it best if we kept Owen in the dark and that he never knew we had tried this in the first place.”

 

“So, they would have continued to fight the blood pact? My blood pact?” I asked, still not understanding.

Damien nodded, “Yeah, if it is what I think it is, not only has Owen made them do a blood pact but these two would get something for getting their jobs done. They came across as looking down on us before, I would assume, like any other, they are wanting a good position with power.”

With some of us going into thought, a comment was made after a while, “The Alpha to The History Pack!”

Damien nodded, “I thought the same. My guess is that Owen had offered them Alpha positions!”

Looking at Damien, I saw him narrow his eyes once again and he looked at me, “I guess I was the other position. Owen would have loved to gain control of The Rogue Hunter Pack!”

I grabbed Damien’s hand and sighed along with him, “What do we do then?”

Feeling him grasp my hand harder and look at me, he smiled, “It’s obvious that Owen wanted us died. We might as well continue with our plan.”

 

Our plan was to have the plane go up in an explosion, so that our bodies would not be found. Well, we hoped that could happen, even though we thought that it could not happen as well. Bodies in explosions could still be found through teeth and what not, so we had also come up with another idea of not just blowing up the plane, but also making it land in human territory to the far south, where it will be harder for Shifters to gain answers.

We had thought that if Owen was impatient, he will state our deaths immediately, but in our defense, we could state that he didn’t look hard enough and that we had to heal. It really was just an act, I suppose, but…I didn’t quite understand the whole scheme of it, I was just doing as I was told…

“They can stay on the plane.” Damien stated, getting up. “Where are the parachutes?”

Beta Locky nodded and went straight to a side of the plane and opened up a cupboard, “Here.”

Damien threw a few around, so each of us had one and then once again asked the pilot if he’ll be alright to direct the plane and get off in time, so that he wouldn’t die along with the plane.

The pilot was stating that it was fine, and quickly, Damien took Owen’s men to the back of the plane and tied them up very thoroughly, with help of Beta Locky and another.

 

I turned to the Queen and saw the panic in her eyes, as she looked at Chance.

He was really cute, considering our predicament, as he smiled at me like we weren’t just about to jump off a plane.

Looking back at the Queen, I asked, “You remember? Do you need another look at the map?”

Before leaving, we had already looked at a map, but we brought it just in case. If it’ll help put her mind at ease, I was willing to get it out once again.

She shook her head, “Make our way towards The Watcher’s Pack but stay far enough apart, so that if…”

I nodded to her silence.

We all knew that there was another danger out there…The Elementalist’s!

 

I patted Chance, bringing his forehead to my own, “Little buddy, stay with mummy! No gallivanting off and doing whatever you please!”

“Dad!” Chance giggled and pushed me away.

This was our biggest worry!

We hadn’t been able to run with Chance lately, in a way to help him follow us in a fast pace, yet we could only make him shift to wolf form and run, hoping that it will still work.

It really did worry me, but we had a few runs with him a couple of weeks ago and he was able to follow…We just wished we could have done it again recently and more faster and less leisurely than the previous times.

 

Damien came back, giving everyone two lots of oxygen tanks, again we spoke of this before. The second oxygen tank was for Chance, as he was still too young to understand what it was.

We had tried to get him to use it, but he seemed to think it was something to play with and didn’t take it seriously, so this was the best we could do.

We put one oxygen tank around our neck and the other around our wrist, but this time, the lid to the oxygen tank would slowly dissolve in the mouth, making it a lot easier for it work when one is being buried alive all of a sudden.

“Do you remember the line up?” Damien looked at all of us and we looked back at him.

Eleanor nodded her head slightly and Beta Locky, whom will be in front, nodded too.

 

When we were to run towards The Watcher’s Pack, after parachuting from the plane, I was to follow after Beta Locky and then Damien was to follow me.

The Queen was to follow after Chance and Chance was to follow after Damien. Then, the last person was the doctor to follow as last. Damien had wanted the doctor after me, and we really tried to make it happen but…If the doctor was behind me, Damien then wanted to be in front of me but I wanted him closer to Chance and then if Beta Locky got too far away from us, we’d probably have to stop and get the map out and it was…Too crazy!

We suspected that we weren’t going to be that far away from each other, and Damien finally gave in, understanding that everyone should be in view of one another.

But we had figured that if we spread out, and if one of us were to get buried alive, we could still help them out within a few seconds to about a minute or so.

The distance between Chance was shortened, just in case, but the distance between the rest of us, we were wanting to keep it at around fifteen metres or so. It was a lot better to think that if one of us got buried they’d have more help, then to have three get buried and have less to help them get out…That was why we were going to be separated.

“Good, well then, put your parachutes on!” Damien stated.

 

 

Once we had our parachute’s on, Damien took Chance and we sat down, trying to prepare ourselves for a dive towards the earth!

Most of us had never done this, so Beta Locky went over it with a few of us singly, making me assured that this should work.

“Pull this here?”

I watched as Beta Locky patiently repeated himself to Eleanor. He pointed to another place on her life jacket and smiled, “This one.”

“Oh, that?”

Watching as Eleanor laughed, I knew that she was really nervous, and I looked away, feeling the same!

We were going to jump in about thirty meters, then the pilot was going to jump another thirty minutes after that.

 

“Precious, are you sure you can handle it?”

I looked at Chance, who was now strapped in to be with Damien, and I smiled, “Mmm, you just look after my boy!”

Damien put a hand over my stomach and got closer to my ear, “And you look after our pup too! Mmm?”

I nodded and kissed his neck, but we weren’t able to do anything else because Chance pushed me away.

Eleanor then came in and cooed over Chance, probably trying to make herself feel better…

Did I have a right to get slightly upset to our forced interruption?

I sighed…

As the doctor came up to check me, with Damien’s command, I saw Beta Locky still eyeing off Eleanor and raised my eyebrows.

Seeing another that was interested in the Queen, I didn’t know what to think.

Should I be jealous?

Looking at Damien…There was just no way that I could be in love with her. My Alpha, my man, my mate and father of my pup was the best!

 

It was sad, because I wasn’t jealous in the least, and perhaps I felt sorry for her because of this. No, if I thought about it, I felt better because there was potential that there was someone else for her. I sort of hoped that this Beta Locky was someone that really did have patience for Eleanor as much as he looked like he did.

With that in mind, I looked back at Beta Locky, who was now showing a worried expression at Eleanor and I smiled. This worry for her was good too!

Perhaps this was a good thing! Beta Locky was someone that even Damien was happy with, so I was positive that he was a good man.

I’ll keep an eye on him and see…Watch him like…He…

Frowning, I had a funny thought…Maybe the reason that he wanted to stay in The Watcher’s Pack so much, was because…He had all reason to watch over the Queen! That is, after all, what The Watcher’s Pack does!

I nearly let out a laugh to this, thinking that it was too hilarious, because well, the last time we had met, Beta Locky was adamant on staying in The Watcher’s Pack! Surely…Surely it couldn’t be just because of the Queen…That’s a stupid idea!

Shaking my head, I got Damien’s attention and I tried to pay more attention to what the doctor was saying.

 

***

6