Chapter 32
213 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damien’s POV

 

I took in a breath and stopped when Chance coughed…

Oh…Thank you…Thank you!

I got closer to Chance and saw him open his eyes, his chest making movements.

My eyesight grew blurry and I smiled at him, “Good boy! Good boy!”

Chance didn’t show much response and looked around. Then…Finally, he started to cry.

“He’s alright at the moment but…”

The doctor moved to the side and the Queen rushed to pick up Chance, “Chance! Sweetheart, it’s mummy! Everything’s ok!”

 

I looked at the doctor and didn’t say anything.

He sighed, “He did stop breathing, so I’ll keep an eye on him.”

I put a hand over Chance’s head and sighed in relief, not only would I be sad to losing this boy, but I couldn’t imagine the pain my precious would get from losing him!

He can’t die! No, neither of them can! All of them must survive!

“I’m…I’m not letting him go, Damien! I don’t care, I don’t care if I have to walk all the way and get buried along with him, I’m not…”

I interrupted the Queen’s sobbing rants and said firmly, “It’s alright! It’s fine, just hold him.”

Perhaps, even if it was slower, Chance should have stayed with someone anyway. We hadn’t thought this idea out good enough.

Maybe because we thought that the target was Ethan, we didn’t place enough importance on Chance. Now, now if it wasn’t going to be the Queen holding him, hell, I was!

Yet…It wasn’t like we had dug him up…The reason that Chance was even freed as early as he had been…Was because of Ethan…

Whatever it was that that was going on, it was still something that worked…

Now that Chance was safe and sound, being held by the Queen, I looked back to see Ethan, paying more attention to the memories going through his head and I walked over to him…Very much staying aware of the Elementalist that was still there…Attached and ‘speaking’ to Ethan.

 

“Is that it!?”

The Queen’s voice interrupted me, and I saw her vicious, wet eyed look at the Elementalist. “Yes, but right now…”

“Take Chance!” She held out the visibly scared Chance to me and I widened my eyes, “No! You hold Chance! Don’t do anything stupid!”

“It nearly killed Chance!” She said, looking at me with those wet eyes and desperate voice but her face was full of anger!

“I know but can’t you see with your own damned eyes! Ethan is attached to it at the moment!”

Man, this was bad. My mate is connected to that damned rock and now the Queen seems to want revenge!

Watching her, wanting to make sure that she doesn’t do anything while Ethan was still connected to it, I was unable to focus once again upon what the memories and Elementalist were trying to say!

I really was keen to find out what was going on but hell, it was just one thing after a fucking other!

Of course, I don’t regret seeing what happened with Chance before and watching the Queen now, but I felt like I’ve missed out on something really bloody important!

I’m just going to have to bug my precious until he tells me!

“Are you telling me that I can’t do anything? It killed the royal family and attempted to kill Ethan, now Chance…And I can’t do anything!?” Her scream made Chance cry and the Queen let out a sob, before cuddling into the little boy.

 

“Calm down! Doc, walk with her towards The Watcher’s Pack!” I stated firmly, using my Alpha aura to calm down the Beta Queen.

“Don’t you let that thing go! If you let it go, it’ll try and kill Chance again!”

The doctor took a hold of the Queen’s shoulder lightly and directed her towards Beta Locky, who had nearly run all the way back already.

“Come on!” The doctor stated, as the Queen stared at the Elementalist in complete rage…

I watched as they walked further away and sighed.

“My Queen, are you alright!?”

“Chance was buried, but it’s ok now, we are to return back to The Watcher’s Pack!”

Hearing them talking, I was determined to think that they should be fine.

If I were to stay here with Ethan, surely, he won’t be mad at me, they’ll be fine!

Looking at Ethan, still connected to that thing, I slowly walked closer and knelt down beside him.

Touching him, I didn’t feel anything strange and I took him in my arms as much as I could…Considering that earth and a vein was stopping him from moving too much.

 

The memories continued to go through Ethan, and I wished I knew what they meant!

But…With Chance being fine and the Queen now gone, Ethan can take as long as he wants…As long as he’s in my arms!

To my surprise, Ethan started to talk again, just a moment later, “So this is your last…Mission?”

The word ‘Yes’, popped into our heads and I watched as Ethan put a hand out towards the Elementalist, “Bring them here, surely we can work something out. Can you send a message?”

The Elementalist didn’t move to Ethan’s outstretched hand, and so he put it back down. I felt curiosity run through me from Ethan and I hoped that this Elementalist was no longer a threat to us.

Seeing their continued ‘written’ conversation, I found out that Ethan was talking about writing a message to the other Elementalist’s in Gorde and found myself worried.

Why would he want to bring them here!?

 

“Then send the message and come back to me when I’m alone. I don’t want any more victims to this past…History!”

‘Yes’, was all that was written in our heads and then the earth and vein disappeared from Ethan’s body.

Ethan was no longer attached to it and in no time, I found that the Elementalist had disappeared out of sight.

I didn’t really know what to say, as I helped Ethan back up to stand and checked him everywhere. He didn’t get very dirty, which pleased me, but…I was very interested on what was going on!

Not only was I curious about why the Elementalist’s seems to be doing as it’s told but what did the memories say? What did Ethan see?

 

“I’m not hurt. It…Seems that they are cornered. The Elementalist’s are becoming endangered and one of them came to seek out revenge to what had and what is happening to them. Their survival is on the line and another reason to get rid of us is so they would be able to leave the continent of Gorde. Seeing their own kind perish to another foe upon the continent of Gorde, and that my father did indeed go against their wishes, I suppose I can’t blame them for doing this…So, I’ve told them that they can return…”

“How?” I interrupted. “How can you tell them to do anything!?”

Ethan looked at me and sighed…Then he put a hand through his hair and said, “It seems that they are bound to the Omega and Alpha blood inside of me…Just like they were with the first King of Sollace…”

I stared dumbly at him and let out a noise…I don’t know if I showed that I understood or showed that I didn’t…

With just that one sentence, not only does it look like Ethan can order them around, but it seems…My pup is an Alpha…And…It seems that perhaps, the first King of Sollace was an Omega…

 

I heard Ethan sigh and then say, “Let’s get back, I’ll collect my thoughts and see what I can do later.”

I held my precious tighter, not wanting anything to harm him yet alone worry him. He really was taking on too much and I was getting more and more angrier as the days passed!

And now that the threat was gone, Ethan even looked visibly exhausted, I had no doubt that soon after getting into The Watcher’s Pack, Ethan will most likely be unable to stay awake…

Why can’t he be less stressed uh!? Why can’t we watch as the days slowly go past, you know, something like celebrating our own first pup?

Lazy days, cuddles and laughs…But no! The King…

While I was grumpy, I found him shifting to his chocolate brown wolf and slowly trotting away.

I stared at his wolf and sighed. I just wanted him back in my arms!

Seeing the wolf stop and put out his tongue, as he looked at me seemingly unafraid and even teasing me, I then shifted and rammed myself into his fur.

I was completely addicted to this little Omega, his wolf, his new scent…

 

After a brief lick and cuddle, we scampered off and soon met up with the rest of those who had been walking away.

It seemed that the Queen was wearing light clothes, but no one else was…It looked kinda weird to me…

Why not just be naked!? Why, out of everyone, was the Queen wearing fucking clothes!?

Beta Locky was the one that seemed to have them on him, taking up space in his small backpack but…Did he on purposely bring women’s clothing? Really!?

What the fuck!?

Well, at least a welcomed interruption came for Chance, who had been afraid all this time, and he finally started to look normal again after a near half an hour ride on my back.

We were no longer in a huge hurry, so walking and taking it easy I suppose was alright now.

I think…We all needed this time to slow down time and think about what just happened, especially Chance and the Queen.

 

Ethan was indeed worried for his boy, no surprise there, and the doctor checked the little one to find that Chance’s wolf was doing his best to fix any problems with Chance. After all, it wasn’t a good thing to have stopped breathing for any length of time, so hopefully Chance’s wolf would be able to fix anything that needed fixing…

There was one noticeable problem already though, but it seemed like a mental problem…Chance had droopy eyes but didn’t want to sleep…Upon falling asleep, only a minute later did he wake up with a childish scream and clung onto the Queen with his small, shaky hands…

I wondered if he had a nightmare of being buried alive…As much as Shifter’s were awesome when it came to healing, nightmares weren’t something that could be easily fixed…

 

On the other hand, the Queen was angry, especially when Ethan had nonchalantly stated that he had let the Elementalist go.

She was so angry that she nearly shifted to her wolf and attacked, Beta Locky frantically tried to calm her down and I was glad for it…Because I wouldn’t have an scruples of killing her, even if she was the Queen, even if she was the mother of Chance!

No one attacks my mate!

One strange thing happened though, to calm the people down…And that was…Beta Locky stated irritably that he didn’t like being called ‘kid’ from me…Because he was even older than myself and stated out that it was rude!

Silence overcame all over us, with only the doctor giving a chuckle because he ‘already knew of this’.

Then…How old was the young-looking Beta Locky then? And doesn’t that make Alpha Lorez even older than we first thought!?

With a different atmosphere, we continued…

Then, after four hours of walking at a leisure speed, we finally made it to the boundary of The Watcher’s Pack…

7