Chapter 35
239 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan’s POV

 

I mumbled as I rolled over to my other side. I felt so comfortable that I didn’t want to get up, even though I needed to pee!

‘I think you should get up and at least eat something, Precious.’

Cuddling into the wolf, that was talking to me through my mind, I shook my head, “I don’t want to yet!”

The wolf licked me on my back, and I shivered.

‘You’re sleeping too much!’

I sat up and stretched, mumbling out a, “Mmm”.

With Damien in human form, now in front of me, he put out a hand for me to take it.

Once I was standing, he grumbled into my ear, “I miss you.”

I let out a chuckle to his pout and hugged him. “You already know that this is practically normal!”

Holding me tighter, he grumbled some more into my ear, “Then why can’t our pup be an Omega then, uh? Why does it have to be an Alpha and make you so…Unlively!?”

 

“You forget…It might also be the…Silver.” I solemnly added.

Both of us hoped that it was the pup, because at least then I could potentially change back to normal again and sleep less after the little one has been born…

It had been a month since we had gotten off the plane and ran into that Elementalist. And within that first week, I was sleeping more and more. It wasn’t just an hour or two more, it was three to four hours more now

After coming to The Watcher’s Pack, I had not stated much upon the Elementalist’s, simply because hatred was obviously seen in the eyes of not just the Queen but a few others too.

I didn’t know what to say to them, that will get them to accept the fact that I had asked the Elementalist’s all to return to this continent.

To what happened to Chance, I was glad that I had been able to get him out of there, because I knew I had almost lost him!

But…Why don’t I have the same type of hatred as the Queen?

I knew that I loved Chance very much, and that I didn’t want him to die!

Yet, at the same time, I felt very emotional towards the Elementalist’s…

 

Knowing now of how they came to be, it was really…Unbelievable!

The first Sollace King, had not just been a Shifter. No, they were a lot of things.

Having taken out some of their magic and putting them into rocks, a whole new species had been created and they were now the Elementalist’s.

Upon the first Sollace King coming to an age of death, the Elementalist’s had already been condemned to live their lives on another continent and only short facts had been written down upon who they had been.

I didn’t know what was left and right, wrong or right or up or down anymore!

I mean, this was like a fantasy, a dream, a made-up story!

The memories from the Elementalist clearly states that the first Omega King had elemental powers, but also had other types of magic as well. I had heard of some warlocks and…Couldn’t believe that their magic originated from the first King as well!

He had given a person warlock magic and from there, they had integrated with humans and I think they live in some type of mountain or in deep ground somewhere…But that was knowledge from rumors, and I know firsthand that rumors can’t be trusted…

 

Through the memories of the Elementalist’s, I did not get to see much of the warlocks and I think that’s because they ended up becoming a species, or race, that hides and rarely comes out but…It was the warlocks that had told the Elementalist’s of what was going on!

The warlocks had said to the Elementalist’s that they are slaves and that if a King in the future is an Omega, with an Alpha, even though they would not be the first King that had created them, they will have to do as they are told, and wouldn’t they rather be free?

From what I saw, I think the warlocks had cursed the Elementalist’s and then the Elementalist’s went on a rampage and killed Shifters, which in turn had made them go to the continent of Gorde in condemnation.

I thought it was sad…That the first King had to see his own creations become enemies and not be able to work together.

And knowing all this, what was I to do? Do I still leave the Elementalist’s on the other continent, where they were all being destroyed?

To be honest, I had felt fear to the Elementalist’s but seeing them die to some golem type creature, I didn’t know who to fear more!

Elementalist’s whom were from my blood, that can bury and kill Shifters, or Golems that I would not be able to control and that were three to four times bigger than us!

 

Since I couldn’t figure it out, I could only state that the Elementalist’s weren’t a danger to us at the moment and that we should go on with our plans.

I hated the strange looks I got, but to be honest, I had troubles being in the company of Eleanor and Chance, just because I was giving the Elementalist’s a chance.

By rights, if the Elementalist’s wasn’t something that came from my, great…Times a hundred, give or take, grandfather, they would be an enemy that we would have to get rid of but…Yes, I’ve thought it through, they had attacked the royal family because of me! If I had not been born, to become someone that could ‘order’ them around, would my father and his family have died in the first place!?

 

To the Elementalist’s…I shouldn’t have been born…

Why had my father gone against them?

Knowing this really made me depressed and I really did wonder if I hadn’t come to be, would the royal family still be alive today…

All those years of training and exhausting myself to become something that I wasn’t, all those years of being lonely and then forced into a relationship. None of it should have happened!

There would have been no attack on the royal family, well, that’s what I think!

Why had he done it!?

Damien told me that it did happen and that I should get over it…And that was when I got more and more tied, which helped me think of it less.

 

 

It seems that our plan, now that I was pregnant, was going to wait until I was to give birth.

Before we were just going to wait it out until Beta Owen was to make a mistake and show up as soon as it happens, letting everyone know that he had gone too far and that I, the King, wanted that power that was rightfully mine back.

Well, they had said something of Owen falling into a trap or something, but I wasn’t a scheming person and did not understand their plans at all.

But…It hasn’t mattered at the moment. Because Owen hadn’t done anything!

So, even if I wasn’t pregnant, we would still have to stay here in the dark and just waited.

There was something good about this though, well a few things…

One was, that we were safe!

The Watcher’s Pack and The Surveillance Pack were both behind us completely and we held quite an amount of Shifters willing to wait and bring down this Owen.

 

To this, I had to give it to Damien, whom has gotten his pack to talk to many elders of Shifters, of all the different packs and some of them were willing to join us in bringing down of what they knew of as my real ‘step brother in law’.

The elders were mostly paid off by Owen or have good ‘jobs’ that they wanted and, to be honest, Owen had done well. He had gotten to some of their weaknesses and it’s amazing how easily they wanted to keep their mouths shut!

One of the elders had wanted to be in The Treasury Pack, just so they could gamble! Owen even gives this elder slightly more income than any of the others, but since it’s cash in hand, we hadn’t known anything about it!

One wanted to be an Alpha and they had been the Alpha of The Driller’s Pack for years!

How…How had he had all this power!?

What was I doing when he paid off all these elders!?

Well, nonetheless, some of those elders did come to our side, but many of them didn’t. But it wasn’t coming to our side completely, as half only stated that they will be witnesses for this information but won’t fight against Owen.

…But, it wasn’t like we just had The Watcher’s Pack and The Surveillance Pack on our side, we had a few random people and then even some of The Driller’s Pack as well!

 

I don’t know if they all believed that Owen is trying to convert the power or not but having them take this chance and continue to give Owen vague answers to my being still alive and currently with The Watcher’s Pack, seems to be enough for them to continue doing it.

I suppose it helped, that I had a blood pack with the Alpha of The Surveillance Pack, and well, the Alpha of The Watcher’s Pack wanted to show his loyalty by doing it straight away upon our arrival, but I had declined.

I wanted the Shifter’s to make their own choices, but…I guess seeing what happened to those two men on the plane makes me reluctant to depend entirely upon the blood pack.

When I had declined, I was looked at strangely and I didn’t even know why I had felt this way until the next day. After I told Damien and Alpha Lorez, they finally understood that I wanted to trust them without the force behind it. Just like most other times…I am thinking that a blood pact might be good in some cases, like that for the use for rogues, but in other cases, I didn’t want to lose my head to power, just because I had forced someone to become loyal to me.

It just felt wrong…But I believe that was the Omega in me that feels this way though.

 

Another thing that has happened here, besides our safety, was that Eleanor had slowly given Beta Locky a chance and we found out that he had lost his mate about fifty years ago…

I never thought he was so old…

He looked young and…He has really good genes for a Shifter! That’s all I could put it down too!

Yeah, it freaks me out a lot hey, he’s older than me and the Queen put together!

His destined mate had an accident and died, and Beta Locky had become a rogue afterwards. He ended up in The Harvest Pack and then came into this pack, simply because The Harvest Pack did not bring him any joy.

After a few years, Beta Locky came to be known as dependable and someone that Alpha Lorez wanted to stay. But it was still not quite enough, and everyone knew that it may be a matter of time that Beta Locky might leave, to try another pack…Yet, it didn’t happen…

Alpha Lorez was not surprised to Beta Locky’s crush, but many others were!

Of all the people that he liked…It was the Queen!

They had an idea that through being able to ‘watch’, Beta Locky had found someone, but…The Queen!?

 

I can only shake my head and chuckle, as Eleanor really had no eyes for Beta Locky for a good week!

Chance…Chance was beside her all the time and he got better slowly. He didn’t want to sleep for days and when he did sleep, he woke up screaming.

Of all things we got and obtained from what happened on the way here, including that of two of us nearly getting buried alive, the worst of it was Chance’s nightmares…

Eleanor made sure that Chance knew that he was safe and that there was nothing to be scared of, so Beta Locky was invisible for quite some time!

It had only been in the last week of this month that Eleanor consented to Beta Locky attempting to gaining her heart.

6