Chapter 1
1.1k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ethan’s POV)

 

My life as a King…It wasn’t supposed to happen…That is my thoughts…

My father already had his family, an heir to take his throne, even another hundred or two hundred years left before he would have died of old age.

But, it seems that his rendezvous with a woman, after many years of his mate’s death, had come in handy after all. I was conceived by a lowly omega, whom was just a worker in the King’s palace. I don’t know how she had seduced my father, or how she had even gotten pregnant with me…Considering it was harder, but not impossible, to conceive a child with another besides your mate…

Upon being born, I was the innocent child that I should have been and never knew that I was hidden, so that I would not remind the King of one of his mistakes. Not only was I an omega, much I’m sure to his disgust, but I was not his mate’s child.

I was never able to ask to find out though, because I never met my father and my mother told me nothing. I also never met my half blood brothers and sisters either. Even now, I thought it strange that they were all easily matured by the time that I was only just conceived…But, I still don’t quite understand the idea of mate’s because…Now, at the age of thirty-eight, I still have not found mine yet. Thirty, or even fourty, wasn’t considered old to a shifter, it was more so getting into my teenage years, if we compared ourselves to the humans…So, even though at least a third of us Shifters might find their mates at the age of eighteen, it wasn’t rare to not find them until thirty or fourty years of age.

 

My half-blood sisters had found their mates a long time ago, most of them before I was born. Of course, even my brothers had found theirs, already living their lives, whatever they may be…I was pretty sure that at least two of them had started a family…But I was never really told much about them, even though I thought myself close to my Gamma, who is also now my Beta, who had recruited me to be King.

Why did they all die? Wouldn’t it be better to just get someone else? Isn’t this a design of change that needed to happen? Have a completely new lot of royals that weren’t from the ‘Sollace’ family…

These questions go through my head from time to time. They go through my head because it was still quite unbelievable that the whole royal family would perish all at once. I know one of my half-sisters had survived and had gone into hiding due to this fact, and we were still wondering if someone was going to once again try to take more lives of the Sollace family…

I didn’t know of what happened, until I was twelve, and even then, I was still but an innocent child who had no idea that I had royal blood in me.

But everything changed then…

Sighing, I hardly reminisced these days, but I was bored in waiting for someone to appear…Sometimes…My thoughts just run away and here I am now, thinking of life and its greatness…

Even though I was being slightly sarcastic, I continued to think of the past…

 

From the age of twelve, till now, the world did a complete one eighty. I not only found out that I was an Omega, a wolf that should only serve, a wolf that doesn’t deserve even to have royal blood…But that I…Was indeed the last remaining royal male left.

From then, I had to learn to keep my ‘heat’ at bay, even though I never understood what it was back then. But that was something I was told over and over again, to never let anyone know of my status.

I ask, until this day, why they had not just got someone else to become King, especially since being an omega was such a problem. I get told all the time that it’s because of my last name, and who my father was…But, why can’t that be changed? Why does it have to be the Sollace family?

I’m sure I would have given up the name happily, just to live a normal life.

…A normal life…

Not only do I have to keep my Omega problematic ‘heat’ a secret and handle any event that may occur, I had to act like an Alpha as well…Domineering, cold and a leader!

I wished, now that I had come this far and still hated that I had been forced to be here on this throne, that Omega’s could be found out easier or that they would have some kind of mark…So then, I wouldn’t have to take on such a huge responsibility…But they don’t…

Besides touching or a doctor’s diagnoses, Omega’s would only give out an odour when they are on heat, and most of the time I can feel my body warm up slowly before that is to happen and I can easily get away.

The only thing I’ve had to do, was to make sure that I never go into public when I was in the depths of my heat…And it was too easy for me to abide by that, so, I did as I was told…With a small part of me wishing that perhaps it should become known, but I continued to hide within my ‘cave’, where it can block out my scent…

Well, it wasn’t really a cave, but that’s what I called it. It was just a room that was chillier then normal, to help cool me down, and it was in the ‘secret’ part of the palace, that only few of us in the palace knew about.

 

My heat had arrived like many other omega’s, at the age of eighteen, and since the information about it was carved into my brain so much, I knew what I had to do, and had been doing the same thing as back then. Once every few months, it would occur, and I will stay inside the ‘cave’ until my body was a normal temperature again. Most of the time it only lasts a day or two, so my Gamma would take over my responsibilities for me easily and wait for me to return.

But…It always makes me feel extra lonely at those times…Having to endure it all by myself…

From the very start, the Gamma that knew of me and raised me up since the death of the rest of the royal family, he had stated that I should never think of my mate. That if I were to have a mate, especially if it were male, it could put me in danger…

I knew, from ages ago, that my Gamma and Beta, Owen, cared more about the throne then I did…The problem was, I didn’t care for much else. I had nothing else…So, that was why I did as he wished…At least then someone would be happy.

So, I tried to never think of my mate…I hardly know what I am missing even now anyway. But, it seems to have worked out. I had married another, whom had ‘felt’ her mate perish at a young age and we have a friendly relationship. She was now my Queen, named Eleanor.

“Your Majesty, the Alpha of the Heed and Call Pack has come at your request!”

Having been daydreaming, looking out the window, I put my hand down from my chin and straightened my back. I was glad for the interruption, I no longer regret my life now…I have accepted this forced path completely…So there was no more reason for me to think of the past as something bad…

“Send him in.”

I was a King, I was ‘an Alpha’…I was going to keep us Wolf Shifters a secret and do the best I can to lead the populace of the Shifters…Even if I hadn’t wanted to in the past…Even if my mate comes…Even if I hold a secret that can’t be known…

 

 

“Your Majesty, it’s a pleasure to me you!”

I stared down at the Alpha of the ‘Heed and Call Pack’, with narrowed eyes, saying nothing in return.

Each pack contributed towards the royal pack and this pack contributed if we needed more helpers within the palace. During big banquets and celebrations, if we had them, we would first ask this pack to come and participate in helping to get everything ready…There was more, but right now, I was ‘King’…

Tapping my finger on the armrest of the throne, I continued to be silent and wait…I knew people like him, he was indeed a full Alpha, I could feel his want to dominate, like he probably does with his pack. The natural instincts of an Omega, would be to bow my head and show him that I was compliant…But I have to go against them…

Sadly, I was immune to the Alpha aura now, it really had frightened me to begin with, but it had been a necessary training. A training that now makes me not flinch or even feel anything from the aura of an Alpha. The training was very intense…So intense that it helped me start to already hate this position as ‘King’, before I even had taken it!

For me to be a King, I had to have a more domineering aura then that of any Alpha!

Owen never let me sleep very well until I was able to handle it…When he found me at twelve, I had to live on two hours sleep a day, until I could handle his aura, his voice, his eyes! And he was only a Beta…So, I had no option but to master not just my own aura but that of others…Just so I could have a better sleep…

 

“Your Maj…Majesty…”

“Do you understand why I called you here? Alpha Mortez…” My voice was firm and calm, even with a bit of laziness added…Again, something I had to learn.

I had to change everything, to be who I am today! It was something that pure instincts would not like, as it was against nature…An Omega to act as I am now, was very hard work and I was still working at it!

But, over many years of enduring hardships, I had come to where I am…Able to withstand those who would want to dominant me!

“Yes…Yes, Your Majesty. I will not make the same mistake twice! I will never…”

I laughed, “Of course you won’t! It is our most important law after all, who would I be if I let you off! You are stripped of your title and you are to report to the main Shifter prison.”

“Your Majesty, please!”

I just looked at him, not in anger or pity. He had done wrong by not caring enough about our secret from the humans. He had let the matter go, and now that it was already done, changing things would only look suspicious! It was an unchangeable event, that we will know have to be very careful of…This man, this man had let a human write a book about us, Shifters, and he had reported that it was for our own good!

 

Even if it were to change our future to a better one, in which I doubted, this man had made this decision on his own and will now take the consequences for it!

“Take him away.” I stated, waving my hand in dismissal.

Sighing to the Alpha’s growls and even shifting to his wolf, I watched as he fought to get away, but…My guards weren’t guards for nothing. I had many whom were the best of the best, mainly men or women from parents of Alpha’s or Beta’s who had not found their mate’s and, or, were not going take over their pack.

Actually, I did the best in what I was taught in and it seemed to have gained me my own fans. It was a good thing, one of the few good things that I had seen since…Well, since my birth…That people can be devoted upon you, just because you seemed to be ‘doing a good job’.

I got off my throne, wanting to leave the feel of the coldness and darkness inside this room. I never liked this side of the west wing of the palace…Just the idea of what things had happened here in the past, makes me feel like we need to build a new one and demolish this one down!

Sadly though, this room was where I spent most of my time when doing my ‘Kingly’ duties. It gave out the impression straight away that the most majestic person in the room would sit on the big chair situated on top of two steps up from the rest of the floor. There were no other chairs here, it was just a whole lot of floor and room to have quite a number of guards and people to come sit…Or Kneel, before me. Yet, this is the reason why I hated it so much…It was the room that went against my nature completely…

14